The RIW app supports reading of RIW cards via both NFC and QR code.
Endorsed by the Australasian Railway Association, the RIW app provides you immediate access to compliance information about rail industry workers across Australia.
The RIW app allows an authorised person nominated by their organisation to scan a Rail Industry Worker Card (physical or virtual) to:
• Check in and verify workers to ensure they have appropriate, current and valid competencies to undertake roles before entering a worksite.
• View work restrictions, blocks or suspensions associated with a rail industry worker and deny access to site.
• View job roles associated with a rail industry worker.
• Award site based competencies and view pending competencies.
• Change site locations for teams or individual rail industry workers.
• View shift history of a rail industry worker to support fitness for duty.
Physical and virtual RIW cards can be checked by scanning the QR code on the front of the card. Physical RIW cards can also be read via NFC. To read a card via NFC, when prompted, hold it in contact with the NFC area on the rear of your device until the card has been read successfully and any required card updates have completed. RIW cardholders can display virtual cards to card checkers using the Vircarda app.
Please visit riw.net.au for further information.