Free Beta program ends on March 1, 2014!
Please send us your usage feedback, ideas for new features and especially found bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org!
YOUR LOCATION->FINE (GPS) LOCATION
This is one of the basic features of the app.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION->FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Needed for downloading Google Maps.
STORAGE->MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Needed for writing the .GPX files onto the SD card.
SYSTEM TOOLS->PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
When you turn off your phone's screen, the app does not stop recording your track. All your trackpoints will be memorized as expected.
YOUR ACCOUNTS->DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
The app request access to the user's email. This is a free BETA feature, the free BETA version will be active only until May 1st 2013. On the Welcome screen you are informed that the only way to proceed to using the app is if you agree to share your email information with us, otherwise you may cancel and the information will not be collected. The permission is there so the user doesn't have to type the email, he/she just taps the "Continue" button. We need your email because while the app is in the free BETA state, the feedback from users and getting to know your needs is crucial.
DEFAULT->MODIFY BATTERY STATISTICS
This is a permission you must request if your app needs to read battery statistics. One of the features of the app is to always show the exact percentage of the battery remaining and the estimated battery lifetime left.
Record your sailing trips, while you are sailing.
You can also add photos and comments to your track while sailing.
The app uploads your trip data to your free account at www.keepsailing.net, for you to re-experience the sailing trip whenever you wish.
You can also share the sailing trip with friends and family, even live while you are sailing.
Requires a free account at http://www.keepsailing.net.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend using a charger while tracking during long trips.
Help at http://nautkaapps.wordpress.com
The Fast Track has three main sections. The Dashboard, the Map View, and the Leg Comparison Tool.
Before sailing The Fast Track app, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the app in the simulation mode, where you will be provided with the necessary buttons to simulate your boat's speed and bearing.
You can easily define navigation waypoints, or import them from a GPX file.
The Fast Track app works as a time to line tool, synchronized with the regatta
chronometer, keeping you informed with estimated time to the start line. So you can make a perfect start!
When choosing a destination, The Fast track app will automatically
determine the theoretical wind of direction as upwind or downwind from your current position. Each time the boat passes through the direction of wind, The Fast Track app will assume the boat's tacking or gybing. And creates a new leg.
You can also specify the wind direction, so this angle will be used to decide when a tack or gybe has occurred. While the deviance keeps referred as the difference between the current boat bearing and the initial bearing to Waypoint.
The Text to Speech functionality can be activated from the preference menu, this enables The Fast track app speak specific navigation information updates, without the need to look at the screen.
Analyze your sailing through useful line charts as Speed, VMG & Deviance evolution.
Get full statistics from your sailing track as the Total Distance, Maximum & Average Speed, etc.
Save your navigation to GPX format and analyze it later in your PC, with your favorite GPS software as Google Earth, Garmin Basecamp, etc.
GPX file is saved in the folder /sdcard/TheFastTrack/AAAAMMDD_HHMM.gpx
AAAAMMDD is the date
HHMM is the time
- Offline Maps. Now you can cache (store) cartography before sailing and have it available in the middle of the sea without data connection. Based on Open Street Maps (osmdroid project) and the overlays from Open Sea Maps
- Waypoints Name & Location modification
- Proximity alerts to Waypoint
- Route Statistics (Length, Num. Waypoints, etc.)
- Enable/Disable Legs auto - generation
We recommend you to use a bluetooth external GPS antenna to enhance the accuracy of the application and get the better results.
Your comments & reviews are welcome, they help enhance the product visibility and future improvements. Thus, if you like The Fast Track, please rate it in Google Play. If you don't like it please provide some description or email us directly, so we can take it into account to fix it for future releases. If a new release solves some of your previous issues we will really appreciate if you test it again and re-evaluate it.
Special Thanks to:
Bálint László, for his contributions, ideas & hungarian language translations
Teresa Albelda & Yolanda Barranco for the French translation
Anders Ericsson for his great tutorial about Android Line Charts:
This is the only app you need when it comes to Kayak Sail.
Do you want to get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals about Kayak Sail? Then download this app now!
Kayak sails are gaining in popularity. They have revolutionized downwind sailing. Kayak sail provides you with an interesting, useful, worthwhile, amusing and most of all fun. With leads running directly to your paddle, sailing is an integrated, pro- active sport, like wind surfing or boardsailing.
Discover more about Kayak Sail! Download this app and get these amazing features!
- A non- stop, daily stream of latest news.
- Like and comment on articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest products!
- Read the latest articles and comments.
- Know the latest update
- Be one of the firsts to get the best deals.
- Share news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
*All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
1. Capsize Screening Formula
2. Ballast to Displacement Ratio
3. Beam to Length Ratio
4. Displacement to Length Ratio
5. Hull Speed
6. Motion Comfort Ratio
7. Sail Area to Displacement Ratio
This is the first release. More calculators coming soon!
*** THIS IS THE PREVIEW VERSION WHICH ONLY COVERS THE BASIC RULES AND THE START ***
The app shows how the official ISAF racing rules of sailing are put into practice and apply during a regatta. It is made for anyone who doesn't find the time or motivation to study the text-based version.
If you are looking for an easy way to learn the ISAF racing rules or simply want to re-fresh your knowledge, this app is for you.
Regardless of your sailing experience you will get a better understanding of how the racing rules of sailing interact on the course and how you can use them to your advantage. All important rule changes of the 2013 - 2016 edition are included, as well.
The racing situations are categorized into into Basic Rules, Start, Upwind Leg, Windward Mark, Downwind Leg, Downwind Mark and Finish, which makes them easy to find and access. Swipe gestures are used to navigate between illustrations of the same category.
• Over 80 up-to-date racing situations
• Understandable explanations
• Rule number references
• Simple navigation
• Always available on your phone
* Input your course using the waypoints Navigatta already knows about, or add your own waypoints easily.
* Tell Navigatta which way round the mark to go, so you can tell the crew at a glance.
* View your Distance and Bearing to the Mark, Course over ground, Velocity Made Good and Estimated Time to Mark on a high contrast screen.
* Navigatta automatically increments to the next leg when you approach the current mark.
* View your course on the map by swiping to the map view in the Race Navigator screen.
We are building up a database of racing waypoints. If you find some that we are missing, please contact us: email@example.com
Luminous Development are a software company focused on user experience. Here are some nice little touches we think you'll appreciate.
When editing a race:
* Accidentally added the startline as a race mark? Just move the mark and drag it to the start line section.
* Not sure which is the port end and which is the starboard end of the line? Just add the waypoints and Navigatta will figure it out for you based on where the next mark is.
When viewing a race:
* Change the Race Navigator between Race List, Mark Information and Map View by swiping the black bar at the bottom.
* Tap a mark in the Map View to see its name and rounding details.
* You won't accidentally exit the Race Navigator when the app is in your pocket. The Race Navigator requires you to press and hold buttons (long press). Of course, you can change that behaviour in the settings screen.
* No need to unlock your device in Race Mode. The Race Navigator sits over the top of your lock screen.
* Alternatively, keep the screen on all the time if the device is mounted in the cockpit. Have a look in settings for these options.
* Navigatta monitors your race even when the screen is off. As you approach the mark, it will automatically increment to the next mark for you. If you don't pass close enough, you can set the current leg (see next).
* Long press a mark in the Race Mark List to set that as the current leg.
Navigatta uses the following permissions:
- To download existing waypoints from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- To download the maps data and image tiles.
- To report your race progress to Navigatta.com
- For accurate race navigation
- For creating waypoints based on your current location
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database if Cellular location is unavailable.
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- Used for managing the Navigatta processes.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine how conservative to be when accessing the maps servers.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine if the network is available.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to cache map tiles.
- Used to inform the user that a dragged item was dropped in the wrong place.
Simply download the YachtBot Mobile app on your smart-phone and you’re ready to start tracking. YachtBot Mobile automatically sends live data to YachtBot Hub. On the YachtBot Hub your friends, family and coach can watch live from the anywhere in the world.
For more information visit: http://www.igtimi.com/
You can use it in combination or alone with he internal GPS of your Android device to get position, speed and heading instead of using the data from the ship, as proof mechanism, or if you do not have an NMEA data connection onboard .
Sailtracker also allows display NMEA AIS information received by the AIS transceiver of your boat.
Sailtracker shows the position coordinates, Speed over ground (SOG), Course over ground (COG), GPS Time, True Heading, Magnetic Heading, Apparent and True Wind Speed and Angle, Depth, Temperature, active Waypoint, VMG, ETA ...
Record waypoints and calculate target distance, VMG, and estimated time of arrival at the destination or regatta mark.
Sailtracker compute polar based on angle and true wind speed, calculated from apparent wind and boat speed obtained by GPS (COG).
Sailtracker includes NMEA depth alarm and anchor, and a countdown timer to output regattas.
Version 2.1 r23-r25
UDP Broadcast support. Bug fixes.
Version 2.0 - r20
New wind screen; compass on Map; Lines waypoints; bug fixes
Notificacions with big text and buttons on statusbar
(PRO) VMG Wind on Map and Wind tab;
(PRO) VMG Way on Map and Wind tab
(PRO) True Wind on Wind tab
Version 1.0 r17
(PRO) Export of recorded session to .kml file to show it on Google Earth or similar software,
Version 1.0 r15
(PRO) Improved AIS. Show vessel at real size on map.
Version 1.0 r14
Increased polar to cover completely the 180º
(PRO) Added Regatta Mode in waypoint.
(PRO) Added indicator Windward / Leeward waypoint.
Version 1.0 r.9
- Added internal database to store data obtained by AIS vessels, allowing a faster visualization and data presentation.
- Fixed AIS information on ETA, Length, Beam and Draught.
- Added default option to calculate the True Wind locally based on Apparent Wind and GPS data.
- Added option to show default position coordinates in degrees and minutes format (dd ° mm, mmmm ') in waypoints and router marks.
Version 1.0 r.3
- Added waypoint control on Tab Map
- Permit save a Master Polar to use on VMG computing
- Layouts changed to show on different screen sizes
- VMG optimized to show the best angle to destination based on saved Master and Real Polar
- Fix alarms bugs
- AIS: Added Draught, Lenght and Beam.
- Google Play Services (automatic launch from application)
- Google Maps installed
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION:
It requires Android 4.0 or higher.
- Distance to Line
- Adjustable Countdown Timer
During the pre-race and starting sequence, SailBot displays your distance to the starting line and a countdown timer. Once the countdown timer completes, SailBot automatically switches to a view showing your speed, heading, and VMG (velocity made good). You may also select only speed/heading or only VMG/heading by "long pressing" either the top left or top right text display in racing view. A second long press will switch the display back to displaying all three readouts (speed/heading/VMG).
All you need to do is sail by and ping each side of the starting line prior to the start and manually set the wind angle to be used for the VMG calculation. Please note that this instrument provides distance to an infinite line extending through each end of the starting line. This allows the user to ping the line from further away by sighting down the line as you would when getting a traditional line sight without interrupting the starting sequences ahead of your fleet. Also note that the VMG readout displays the absolute value of VMG and you will therefore not see the negative sign when sailing down wind.
A note on battery life: This application can drain the battery quickly in your device due to the use of the internal GPS and the screen continually being on. To extend the length of time your battery will last, a Bluetooth GPS receiver is highly recommended. Battery life can more than double with a Bluetooth GPS. A Bluetooth GPS will also provide a significant improvement in the accuracy of the GPS over a built in phone GPS. Please see the SailBot website for recommendations on Bluetooth GPS receivers. The free "Bluetooth GPS" app (or equivalent) is recommended and necessary to connect your phone to a Bluetooth GPS receiver.
Waterproof case and mounting recommendations are also available via the website.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Contact info is available on the website.
Also known as tacking.
Learn how to turn a sailboat when heading into the wind. Topics include the points of sail, proper commands and actions. Taught by a United States Coast Guard Licensed Captain and instructor of American Sailing Association (ASA) sailing classes.
Included with the lesson is a Sailing Terms Glossary for this topic and graphic illustrations for reference.
The illustrations can be shared or emailed to one's desktop and printed out for reference.