Do you use widgets frequently? Are you maybe tired of having to go to the home screen just to take a quick glance at your inbox? You could just open the widget's app, but then you have to wait for the app to open and load.
Widget Drawer aims to take care of this convenience issue by adding a way for you to access your widgets from nearly any app or screen.
When enabled, Widget Drawer will add a handle to the side of your screen. Simply swipe that handle inward and you will be presented with an area to add widgets. This handle will stay on the screen whether you're on the home screen, browsing the internet, or reading a book.
Widget Drawer also provides certain customization options for the drawer itself:
- Change the height of each widget
- Set whether a widget should take up 1 or 2 columns in width
- Reorder widgets
- Choose whether or not widgets should have an opaque background
The handle has a few options as well. It can be moved vertically or even to the other side of the screen by long-pressing it and then dragging. The size and color can even be personalized from within the app itself.
Widget Drawer makes use of the following permissions:
- Used to show the drawer over other apps
- Used to provide haptic feedback for certain actions
- Used to start a foreground Service to keep Widget Drawer running
- Used to host the widgets
- Used by Firebase to track crashes and gather logs
This app is open source! https://github.com/zacharee/WidgetDrawer
XDA Labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/tk.zwander.widgetdrawer
XDA Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-widget-drawer-t3866671