Do Not Disturb (DND 2.0) App enables smart phone users to register their mobile number under DND to avoid Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC)/ Telemarketing Calls / SMS. This is based on TRAI, “Telecom Commercial Communication Customer Preference Regulations, 2010”.
TRAI’s UCC Regulations, Amendments can be seen at: http://www.trai.gov.in/telecom/consumer-initiatives/unsolicited-commercial-communication.
The App helps you:
1. Set your DND preferences. All telemarketers are required to obey your preferences within 7 days of their being set.
2. Lodge a UCC complaint with your service provider. The sms sent during sms/call Complaint will not be charged. The Regulations require action to be taken against offending telemarketer within 7 days, which could lead to fines and/or disconnection of line.
3. Check the status of complaints filed by you.
The App requires permission to access your address book to distinguish between messages from your contacts and those from telemarketers. You contact list is not uploaded to the backend, nor shared in any manner.
The new release has the following additional features:
· An intelligent spam detection engine (for SMS only) to assist the subscriber in reporting
· Crowdsourcing of data about offending messages and calls to speed up detection of unregistered telemarketers
· Updates about action taken on complaints within the App
· Easier interface and set up
Note: In MIUI Phones, permission has to be added manually for getting list of messages from header like XY-AAAA. For this, Please go to app permissions and click on other permissions. You will find Service SMS field which is disabled. Please enable this field and see that the header sms will be available in DND App.