Nice learning app
Watercolour Reference a handy tool for the watercolor artist The killer function of this handy app is a color previewing page that mixes 2 or 3 pigments by percentages. The result can be diluted with a percentage of water (dilute 1 pigment by choosing 2 and reducing 1 to 0%). Pigments are selected primarily from the W&N Artists line, with a few thrown in from Daniel Smith Extra Fine. A "Color Mix" section recommends base colors to use for various subjects. The app comes with Flowers, Portraits and General; you can buy additional subjects for $0.99 each on Google Play. The subjects are broken down into elements and further sub-divided into characteristics, for which colors are suggested. For example, Portraits > Hair > Auburn = W&N Burnt Sienna and French Ultramarine. Clicking on colors lets you order them from Amazon. There is also a Painting Tips section in which the author has packed a lot of information about painting and watercolors. It's like a whole watercolor book conveniently on your Android.
- Minor cosmetic tweaks
- Fixes a potential crash on the painting tips page.
- It is now possible to mix up to three colours in the Paint Mixing simulation.
- Fixed crash on Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Added water dilution to paint mixing
- Minor various bug fixes to prevent crashing when selecting certain paints
- Complete overhaul of design
- Optimised layout for tablets and smartphones
- Paint Mixing simulation