Simple and intuitive to use, the app allows you to search for places to visit in a number of ways. Use the near me map or list to find out what’s around your current location, or our unique Day Out finder wheel which suggests places based on your selected region or county as well as any specific needs like somewhere that’s great for the kids, or something coastal, or that allows dogs.
Other useful features include:
• Events at places to visit
• Don’t miss tips for when you arrive
• Times, prices, directions and more
• Picture galleries
• Favourites - build your own list
• Share with your friends
• Scalable maps
A great app for anyone on the move or planning a trip, you can explore all 400 English Heritage places to visit and never be lost for ideas for a great day out again!
Please note that this app will not run on Android phones with smaller screens (eg HTC Wildfire)
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2013 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
To make your rental experience even better, the National app has these features:
• Make, modify and cancel reservations.
• Find and map pickup and drop-off locations.
• See specials and deals that can be booked right from the app.
• Access roadside assistance and customer service.
Become an Emerald Club® member and get even more powerful app features and benefits:
• Track your past, current and future itineraries.
• Monitor and redeem your Free Rental Days.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile.
Travel with the new National app and put speed and choice in the palm of your hand. It’s available for download today!
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
From taking in the bright lights of Edinburgh and Glasgow to witnessing the majestic splendour of the Scottish Highlands, Welcome to Scotland will open doors and make your budget go further.
NO ROAMING CHARGES – All Scotland maps and information about more than 16,000 points of interest are pre-loaded so no internet connection is needed.
Whether you live here or are a visitor, our app will help you discover the real Scotland.
Don’t leave home without it!
SAVE MONEY – Take advantage of a wide range of exclusive discounts and special offers from all over Scotland. With cut price entrance to attractions and great offers from restaurants and places to stay you’ll pay for the app in no time.
WHERE TO STAY? – Any place in Scotland – choose from over 9,500 hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, holiday cottages, self catering apartments, hostels and caravan and camping parks. And don’t forget to take advantage of our exclusive accommodation deals.
WHAT’S NEARBY? – With GPS discover things to see and do near you, from attractions and activities to where to stay and the best restaurants, cafes and shops. Whether you fancy golf at St Andrews, a whisky distillery tour, or even a trip to Edinburgh Castle, use our app to find out what is on offer.
WHAT’S THAT? – The latest Augmented Reality function transforms your phone into a virtual tour guide. Identify all 500 of Scotland’s highest hills and find out about Scotland’s historic sites and monuments.
WHAT’S ON? – Check out information on the principal events from around Scotland: festivals; highland games; concerts and theatre. Search by week or month.
INTERACTIVE MAPS – Preloaded zoomable maps cover the whole of Scotland. More detailed regional maps provided with no roaming charges.
FULLY COMPATIBLE – Android 2.2+
TOWNS AND CITIES – Includes information on Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling, Perth, St Andrews and many other towns.
Please help us make our Welcome to Scotland app even more useful and send your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The app was developed by BAG Networks in collaboration with The Secretariat of The Brunei 30th National Day Celebration, and is available for download from iOS App Store and Google PlayStore.
“The app is great and has massive potential” Coolsmartphone
“M8 is a lot more than a simple satnav app” The Next Web - Pick of the Day
M8 - to be pronouned mate - includes maps, sat nav, traffic, speed camera and comprehensive local info. It’s everything you expect from great satnav and maps, except the cost - this one’s free.
SPECIAL SUMMER PROMOTION – Navigate the roads this summer with our national heroes Wallace & Gromit!
Purchase the Wallace & Gromit sat nav voice and get the Anti-Pesto van for free - simply tap the vehicle icon while navigating, hold and scroll through to select Wallace & Gromit's van. You might have to flick through a few, but trust us - it's there! (promotion available until Aug 31st)
Here are a few of the things your new M8 has to offer:
GPS SATNAV, PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION AND QUALITY MAPS
• Live traffic with free traffic updates for ever.
• Turn-by-turn navigation (automatically reroutes you and announces street names).
• 3D landmarks while navigating.
• Professional maps with free automatic updates for ever.
• Fix speed camera alerts and free speed camera updates for ever.
• Dedicated pedestrian navigation with clear directions.
LOCAL INFO AND VOUCHERS
• Look for MyVoucherCodes deals around you (shopping, eat & drink...) and redeem vouchers directly from the app.
• Booking service for hotels with HRS and for restaurants with Book a Table
• Access the Yelp directory for shopping centers and coffee shops.
• TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet’s favourite restaurants and hotels with helpful reviews and pictures.
• Barclays Cycles station with the number of bikes available.
• 1-click access to categories - restaurants, bars, shops, cinemas, parks etc.
• Find the nearest cash machine, supermarket or post office.
• Seamless integration with Facebook and Twitter lets you check where mates are find location tweets around you
• Be part of the M8 community and share tips on the road
IN-APP PURCHASE (ONE TIME FEE)
• Good Pub Guide's best pubs in Britain
• Michelin guide restaurants with reviews
• Live-time speed cam alerts from Cyclops
• Fun navigation voices
Free GPS, sat nav, navigation, maps, traffic, speed cameras and vouchers – all from your local M8.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Belfast:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Restaurants & pubs
* Day trip section
* An offline map of the city