Simple and intuitive to use, the app allows you to search for places to visit in a number of ways. Use the near me map or list to find out what’s around your current location, or our unique Day Out finder wheel which suggests places based on your selected region or county as well as any specific needs like somewhere that’s great for the kids, or something coastal, or that allows dogs.
Other useful features include:
• Events at places to visit
• Don’t miss tips for when you arrive
• Times, prices, directions and more
• Picture galleries
• Favourites - build your own list
• Share with your friends
• Scalable maps
A great app for anyone on the move or planning a trip, you can explore all 400 English Heritage places to visit and never be lost for ideas for a great day out again!
Please note that this app will not run on Android phones with smaller screens (eg HTC Wildfire)
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Use the app to find, filter and favourite the right campsite for your needs.
Plus, Club members can get access to over 1,500 Certificated sites - the perfect travel companion!
●Filter your results by location, price and on-site facilities
●In-depth site information including photos, facilities, prices and booking options
●Interactive map showing ‘Sites nearby’.
●Made to be used both online and offline for flexibility on the move.
●Includes all Club, Forest and Certificated Sites*.
* Only Club members will be able to view Certificated Sites after unlocking these with their membership number on the first visit.
Sony Xperia users will need to install the ice cream sandwich update from Sony. You should have received a notification to do so on your phone.
For further help & advice please visit: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/appsupport
If you're still having problems please email us: SiteSeekerApp@thefriendlyclub.co.uk
** TO UNLOCK: Tap on the text 'membership number' type in your number and THEN click the unlock button **
** SYNCING: Please restart your device if you have problems syncing or building indexes.
Campsites have been awarded an AA rating by a professional AA inspector. Entries may include a detailed description, price information, images, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Caravan & Camping Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 850 recommended Caravan and Camping sites in England, Scotland and Wales
• AA graded campsites
• Filter options
• Price information
• Detailed descriptions
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Search by Campsite name
• Inspire Me
WikiCamps is a dynamic user generated Camping App for the United Kingdom.
What does this mean? It means all the sites are added, edited and shared by campers like yourself!
Wikicamps also works offline with the ability to download all site and user content, as well as a high quality offline map.
Making WikiCamps the fastest growing resource for locating Camp Sites, Caravan Parks, Backpacker Hostels, Dump Points, Information Centres, Day Stops and POIs. With over 4,500 sites already and growing every day.
And best of all, you will never have to pay for updates.
Each site has loads of information to help you plan your trip. From camping prices, activities including swimming, fishing, 4x4ing, pet rules, Wi-Fi hotspots, pricing, toilets, showers, and heaps more.
Add and view photos from other happy campers all around the UK. So you can see what the camp site is like before you go there.
Rate sites as you go and add them to your own personal favourites list.
With heaps of extra gadgets including at no extra cost:
* Camping Checklist
* Satellite dish pointer
* Chat Forum
* Home Clock
* High Quality Offline Map
Find routes for walking, running and cycling with roads, footpaths and cycle trails clearly marked. Plan your route in advance using the route planning tools, or track your location using the integrated GPS. Discover Britain’s hidden treasures with historic monuments, mountain peaks and country pubs or just go for a ramble and use the map to discover more of the landscape.
OS MapFinder features
OS MapFinder is ideal for walking, running, cycling or any outdoor activity and includes:
• Free road maps down to street level
• OS Landranger and OS Explorer high-resolution maps available as in-app purchases in 100km2 tiles
• GPS tracking to show current location and direction of travel
• Plan routes on screen and save in app or as GPX file
• Route recording including route taken, time, distance and average speed
• Search for place names, points of interest, postcodes and grid references
• Works fully offline – no mobile or data connection required
Using OS MapFinder
• For walking and hiking – plan your route in advance with details of footpaths, open access areas and rights of way and check your location on the map as you progress
• For cycling and running - track your route, time and speed with the GPS logging functions, and see if you can improve on your best times
• For bird spotting, wildlife watching and photography - identify the best habitats or landscape features and find a route
• Also includes features for horse riding, kayaking, geocaching, fishing, tourists and geology.
Adding OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps
Your app includes road maps for England, Scotland, Wales and islands included in Great Britain. Our detailed OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale) and OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale) maps are also available as in-app purchases. Each map section is 100 km2. Go to ‘Buy Maps’, zoom in to the area you want and select the scale. Once purchased, you can download your maps to multiple Android devices on the same Google® account
A free sample map is included for the Exeter area so you can see the quality of the high resolution maps available. Current map tile prices are
OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale): £0.69
OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale): £1.99
Using OS MapFinder
There is a help area included in the app that will help you use the route planning and GPS tracking. It also includes a brief guide to map reading and navigation skills to help you make the most of the OS maps on your device.
Our customer support team can help with problems using OS MapFinder, whether that is planning a route, using GPS tracking or viewing maps on your phone or tablet.
Check the FAQs at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/mapfinder/mapfinder-android-faq.html, or contact us at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/contact/
App and Map sizes
The app is a large download as it is designed to be used even when you are offline, so it has to save the high resolution maps and search database to your device. Included in the app is overview mapping for all of Great Britain, plus the ability to search for towns, cities, postcodes and places of interest. Please ensure your device has sufficient free space and you are connected via WiFi before beginning the download.
Maps sections are around 60MB each. To save space you can remove unneeded map sections from your device, and then download them again for free when you next need them
We will occasionally update maps to reflect changes. To get an updated map, just remove and re-install the map section – the most recent version will be automatically downloaded.
This app allows you to search for sites, book them, call them up and navigate directly to them. Whilst searching for your site, you can also check out video reviews, and read reviews that others have written and what to do in the local area (not all sites support this).
You can find sites on the following networks:
Camping And Caravanning Club
You can also start other handy apps from this one, and a small selection of YouTube videos are included for people who are just starting out caravanning.
Feel free to leave feedback.
I hope you enjoy using this app.
From taking in the bright lights of Edinburgh and Glasgow to witnessing the majestic splendour of the Scottish Highlands, Welcome to Scotland will open doors and make your budget go further.
NO ROAMING CHARGES – All Scotland maps and information about more than 16,000 points of interest are pre-loaded so no internet connection is needed.
Whether you live here or are a visitor, our app will help you discover the real Scotland.
Don’t leave home without it!
SAVE MONEY – Take advantage of a wide range of exclusive discounts and special offers from all over Scotland. With cut price entrance to attractions and great offers from restaurants and places to stay you’ll pay for the app in no time.
WHERE TO STAY? – Any place in Scotland – choose from over 9,500 hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, holiday cottages, self catering apartments, hostels and caravan and camping parks. And don’t forget to take advantage of our exclusive accommodation deals.
WHAT’S NEARBY? – With GPS discover things to see and do near you, from attractions and activities to where to stay and the best restaurants, cafes and shops. Whether you fancy golf at St Andrews, a whisky distillery tour, or even a trip to Edinburgh Castle, use our app to find out what is on offer.
WHAT’S THAT? – The latest Augmented Reality function transforms your phone into a virtual tour guide. Identify all 500 of Scotland’s highest hills and find out about Scotland’s historic sites and monuments.
WHAT’S ON? – Check out information on the principal events from around Scotland: festivals; highland games; concerts and theatre. Search by week or month.
INTERACTIVE MAPS – Preloaded zoomable maps cover the whole of Scotland. More detailed regional maps provided with no roaming charges.
FULLY COMPATIBLE – Android 2.2+
TOWNS AND CITIES – Includes information on Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling, Perth, St Andrews and many other towns.
Please help us make our Welcome to Scotland app even more useful and send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
OutDoors GPS makes it really easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence, so you can spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs. With OutDoors in your pocket, there's no reason to ever get lost again. Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
***** Extremely easy to use and looks great. -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
***** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. -[Stuff Magazine].
***** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! -[Outdoors Magazine].
Here are 10 ways OutDoors GPS can help you;
1. Dependable anywhere- no need for phone signal and works worldwide.
2. Choose unlimited use (£4.95 per annum) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps).
3. OS Online subscription includes free OS Maps on your PC/Mac.
4. Download Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k in glorious high-resolution detail.
5. Huge, easy-to-manage OS map areas for just £2.99 per region/county/National Park.
6. Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps.
7. Create, find & follow routes in total confidence.
8. Share purchases & subscriptions across all your devices for free.
9. Record & share routes with statistics & elevation profile.
10. Integrated website (www.outdoorsgps.com) for route planning, sharing (200,000 free routes).
MORE ABOUT USING ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
•Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps.
•No need for signal - superb navigation across GB.
•Free download of all 14 GB National Parks (1:50k OS Landranger maps) once registered.
•Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps (£4.95 per annum).
•Free access to www.outdoorsgps.com.
•Includes free & Unlimited OS Maps for your PC/MAC.
•Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)- just £2.95.
•Super fast map display, regardless of signal.
•Permanent downloads can be deleted and reinstalled anytime.
•Totally dependable, wherever you go in Great Britain.
MORE ABOUT OUR POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
•Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device.
•Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres.
•Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen.
•Follow a planned route easily using the in-built compass & super-clear direction view.
•Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling).
•Find & download a route nearby.
•Create 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc).
•Share location or points of interest.
•250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool).
MORE ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND ONLINE COMMUNITY (92,000 MEMBERS)
•Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
•Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
•Find routes nearby or near any place.
•Comment and rate routes.
•Importing and exporting routes to your device (inc. GPX).
The wide range of services on offer from RAC are now all easily accessible while you’re on the go, thanks to the new RAC app. So whether you’ve broken down and need to contact us from the side of the road, you’ve had an accident and you’re not sure what to do next, or you need a route to your destination, you can do it all from your tablet or smartphone wherever you are.
Key features include:
- Traffic news. View incidents, delays and roadworks for the whole of the UK. View the incidents on a map or in a list. You can zoom in on the map and zoom out to see traffic on major and minor routes in the UK. This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date data available in the UK and shows current incidents and expected delays.
- Route planner. Simply add in your starting point and destination and view a map of your journey and a separate directions tab. You can plan the journey by the shortest or quickest route. You can also view live traffic updates along the way.
- Broken down? Use the breakdown tab to contact the RAC if your car breaks down.
- Had an accident? If you’re unfortunate enough to be involved in a bump, you can use the accident care tab to call our accident care helpline and get all the help you need.
- RAC Cars. This has its own tab to help you search for a new or used car, meaning that you can put those unexpectedly free 5 minutes to good use.
- Insurance. In just a few easy steps, you can get a quote and make great savings on anything from car and home to travel and pet insurance.
- Member Benefits. Keep up to date with the latest member offers from RAC.
- Membership details. Store all your details, including membership number, safely so you have it with you if you need it.
- Campsite overview with Google Maps, Mapquest OSM or OpenCycleMaps (online)
- Campsite overview with Mapsforge OSM (offline)
- Campsite category (Camping Cheque, Camping Card, Best Deal, Other Campsites)
- Phone number (direct call from App possible)
- Selection of naturist campsites
- Selection of campsites near Highway
- Selection of small campsites
- Search for campsites by name
- Search for any location on earth by name
- Maintain list of favourite campsites
- List nearby campsites
- Show distance and bearing in campsite lists
- Show altitude at any place by long press on map
- Integrated Google campsite search
- Route planning to a campsite with Navigon, Google Maps or Sygic
- Opening period for many campsites
- Create your own POIs
Keywords: campground, campgrounds, camp, tent, rv, camper, navigon, sygic, camper, campsite, pitch, camping guide, waypoint, POI, touring
Intuitive and easy to use, the Historic Scotland app allows you to search by region or interest, with best for categories such as ‘families’, ‘gardens’, ‘picnics’ and ‘military history’ to choose from. You can also view all attractions on an interactive map of Scotland.
Not sure where you want to go? The app includes event information, articles and itinerary features, with new content added regularly to provide a source of inspiration. A view of Historic Scotland on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram gives you the latest ‘social buzz’ all in one place.
• What’s near me? Find attractions within a 50km radius of your current location
• Search by region or ‘best for’ category
• Image galleries
• Interactive map view
• Pricing, opening times and facilities information
• Events search
• Location and travel information
• ‘Inspire Me’ – find ideas on where to visit with the latest features and itineraries
• AA Breakdown and Rescue Tracker
Knowing when your AA Patrol will arrive is one of the most useful things in a breakdown situation. With our Rescue Tracker you can now both report and track a breakdown via the app without the need to call us.
This is only available to our AA Breakdown Members with a 635601 membership number. However, we are working towards including our other customers in the future. To become an AA member, just go to http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/
• AA Roadwatch
See traffic updates across the UK and Ireland from our Roadwatch team. Avoid delays to your journey with live traffic and roadwork information.
• AA Route Planner
The famous AA Route Planner on your mobile! Plot a route anywhere in Great Britain and we’ll tell you the mileage and how long it should take. We can even help you take the scenic route!
• Fuel Prices (exclusive to AA Silver and Gold Members)
Let us help ensure that you never pay more than you need to for your fuel. Simply check the map to find out where the cheapest petrol stations are, and even let us help you plot a route to get there!
Never miss an important date again with our handy reminder service. Just tell the app when you need to renew your tax, insurance or MOT, and when your next service is due, and we’ll remind you via the app with a month to go!
• Parking (exclusive to AA Silver and Gold Members)
Get parking locations at the touch of a button, including information on prices and number of spaces where available. Let us show you the best way to get to your chosen car park, and drop a pin when you get there so you don’t forget where you parked!
• Warning Lights (exclusive to AA Silver and Gold Members)
If a warning light came on in your car would you know what to do? We give you a comprehensive guide to what those lights mean and what action you need to take.
• Member Benefits
Members can save money on a range of different products and services. Check out the map to see what offers are near you.
We love feedback! Let us know what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org