Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh transport tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live (or estimated) transport departures for Lothian Buses and Edinburgh Trams services in Edinburgh, Scotland.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop serviced by Lothian Buses and estimated times for Edinburgh Trams.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Fully integrated Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops and coloured bus routes.
* Search for stops by name, stop code, and scan bus stop QR codes.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news in the Updates section.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* Nearest bus stops listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* Automatically backs up your favourites and preferences, and restore them on a new device.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add proximity alerts to alert you when you are near a selected bus stop. May not work reliably on some versions of Android.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add bus time alerts to alert you when a selected bus service is near a selected bus stop.
* Dark mode.
* And more...
The features you are able to use is dependent on what version of Android is installed on your device. Experimental features are not guaranteed to work correctly - use with caution.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: http://twitter.com/MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load Updates.
- Access network state: to detect whether internet access is available, to intelligently use the network only when it is available.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
- System boot: to update the stop database and re-schedule set alerts.
- Post notifications: used by alerts to show notifications.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses and Edinburgh Trams, because it is not technically possible. The data comes straight from the My Bus Tracker service, operated by The City of Edinburgh Council. While The City of Edinburgh Council endorse this app, they do not take any responsibility for it.
All data given by the application is a computational estimation and as such, should be treated as a guide only.