The TrustMark Home Improvements app has been created for homeowners who want to repair, maintain, or have renovations made to their property.
The app will help to:
• Guide you through the steps and things to think about when making home improvements
• Help you to ask tradespeople the right questions
• Provide you with access to information, sources, and guidance
• Give you more confidence in managing your home improvements
• Maintain safety for everyone
Working in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the App provides practical guidance on the common risks to consider when undertaking home improvement projects.
The App concentrates on the most popular home design and improvement elements that homeowners look to carry out, along with guidance on repairing and maintaining your home. Key home improvement topics include:
• Energy Efficiency
• Garden buildings
• Kitchens and bathrooms
• Landscaping and driveways
• Loft conversions
• Living spaces including decorating and home offices
There’s General Consumer Information and tips and guidance on managing your project from start to finish. There’s also information on what to do if things go wrong and help with finding a tradesperson to do the work.
Key features include:
• Find a trader – find a trusted local tradesperson in your area
• A jargon buster – helping you understand key industry terms
• Easy to search terms and guidance