Powered by TownWizard
In addition to comprehensive coverage of sights and attractions, Pariser covers a wide variety of topics including hiking, diving, snorkeling, transport, shopping, restaurants, coral reefs, flora and fauna, history, and festivals and events.
With this app you can:
• Find every sight and attraction on a map.
• Learn about island lore and history.
• Use hundreds of photos to decide where you should go and when.
• Find where you are and what's near.
• Use links to websites to help you plan your trips.
• Watch informative videos about hiking trails, diving and snorkeling and wildlife.
• Easily sort entries to find where you are or where you might want to go.
• Use alphabet stroll, google search, and internal hyperlinks to navigate the guide and the web.
* Make one click telephone calls.
★ About the Author ★
Harry S. Pariser is a writer, artist and photographer living in San Francisco. His first travel guidebook to the Virgin Islands was published in 1986. Since then, he has had penned guidebooks to Barbados, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, and Belize. An edition of his Barbados guide won a Silver Medal from the Society of American Travel Writers.
Harry's interests include politics, economics, literature, cinema, textiles and other folk art, and cooking.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Big Island Revealed is finest guidebook ever written for the Big Island. Now you can plan your best vacation--ever. This all new sixth edition is a candid, humorous guide to everything there is to see and do on the Big Island. Best-selling author and longtime Hawai'i resident, Andrew Doughty, unlocks the secrets of an island so vast and diverse that many visitors never realize all that it has to offer. Explore with him as he reveals breathtaking trails, secluded beaches, pristine reefs, delicious places to dine, relaxing resorts, an active volcano and so much more. Every restaurant, activity provider, business and resort is reviewed personally and anonymously. This app and a rental car are all you need to discover what makes the Big Island so exciting.
• Fast and easy to use
• Detailed, interactive, GPS-aware map that works without the need for an internet connection – just tap to see the nearby guidebook entries
• Always know where you are with the “Locate Me” button that places a blue dot on the map that tracks your current location as you move around the island
• Guidebook locations have “Map It” buttons that place a red dot on the map. When the blue “Locate Me” dot is on top of the red “Map It” dot, you have reached your destination
• All map and guidebook content is stored on your device, including over 740 color photographs
• Use the app to help you plan your trip, saving your favorite places in “Favorites” so you can quickly access them when you are on the go
• The most up-to-date and accurate information available anyplace
• Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which companies really are the best…and which to avoid--no advertisements
• Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way
• Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted black sand beaches, tropical rain forests, hidden waterfalls, the most dramatic part of the erupting volcano, freshwater lava pools (some volcanically heated) and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
• Detailed descriptions of the Big Island's beaches including ocean safety
• Reviews and descriptions of exciting adventures and activities
• Fascinating sections on Hawai'i's history, culture, language and legends
• Easy navigation with a “Smart” Table of contents and thousands of hypertext links
• Quickly find what you need with “Search” and an Index
• Links to company websites and tap to dial phone numbers
"Hawaii The Big Island Revealed" covers it all--from the snow-covered top of Mauna Kea, to the sparkling underwater reefs. This is the best investment you can make for your Big Island visit. Whether you are a first time visitor, or a longtime kama'aina, you will find out more about the Big Island from this book than from any other source. Discover the island of your dreams with "Hawaii The Big Island Revealed."
The Big Island Revealed guidebook reviews:
"Succeeded in telling us everything there is to know about traveling on the island of Hawaii...this book is essential reading..." Library Journal
"A colorful book--covers it all. I was pleased by the numerous little tips that can make a trip more pleasant." The San Diego Union-Tribune
"Superbly researched and easy-to-read reference... It's jammed with details..." Houston Chronicle
Find our hidden content and experience the sights and sounds of your dream destination coming to life in the palm of your hand.
Its never been easier to find your local Virgin Holidays Store where our red hot team are waiting to speak to you. Get store opening times, contact information and even handy maps to help you get there.
Have access to the very latest deals with special offers hot off the press directly to your phone.
The how to:
Its free so download it today
To view our exclusive hidden content, look for the Virgin Holidays AR icon on selected posters, images and other items throughout our stores.
Click the AR icon within the app to start your interactive journey.
Fill the screen with the whole image and watch it come to life!
Don’t wait to get in store, just point the AR camera view at the front of your passport and be amazed.
Enjoy Syracuse and its amazing historical center Ortygia with our mobile app.
OFFLINE CONTENT (EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF ORTYGIA & SYRACUSE)
Ortigia Island is the perfect solution to enhance the heritage and cultural tourism in our area and companies that operate here as well, trying to boost directly tourism and satisfy your needs (contemporary?)
Nowdays, Tour guides for smartphones are,in fact, the most effective way to improve local disclosure.
The challenge is to give to tourists an innovative tool for the exploration of the area.
geo-location of points of interest, the variety of content and the opportunity to access to them at any time, make the app Ortigia Island a concrete and innovative device to discover on your own the beauty of Archeology, Architecture, Nature, Food&Wine and Craft of our lovely Syracuse.
* Need an excuse to stay & play another day?
* A place to crash after wine tasting?
* A cooler way to do biz travel?
* A way to take date night up to eleven?
* An (ahem) escape from the in-laws?
We got you.
HERE’S THE DEAL:
✔ Stellar last minute prices
✔ Book stays of up to 5 nights
✔ Ever-growing list of cities and countries
✔ Curated selection of hotels to make your choice easy
✔ Top-rated hotels: we only work with places where we’d want to stay, too
✔ Super easy to book a room (book in 10 seconds – just 3 taps and a swipe!)
✔ Book from 9am until 2am, every day
✔ 24/7 customer support (with real, live, nice people)
✔ Best rate guarantee
PEOPLE ARE TALKING:
* “The easiest to use app for booking a last-minute hotel room.” – ABC News
* “Must Have App For 2014” – Forbes
* “I feel confident that I can show up in any city without set accommodations and find something cool.” – Google Play reviewer
* “This app is amazing for finding great deals last minute. A must for any traveler." – Google Play reviewer
* “I SAW YOUR COMPANY ON THE TODAY SHOW, HONEY” – Our moms
North America, Central America, South America, Europe
HIT US UP:
* Email: email@example.com
* Facebook: facebook.com/HotelTonight
* Twitter: @HotelTonight
* Instagram: @HotelTonight
* Snapchat: @HotelTonight
* Pinterest: pinterest.com/HotelTonight
* Google+: plus.google.com/+HotelTonight
Enhance your vacation with the USVI Interactive App, the unique interactive island travel guide. USVI Interactive is updated daily with new features coming soon.
Also available for Android Tablet devices.
- A 'what’s-on' guide, with start-times, locations and detailed listings on all the daily activities & entertainment taking place across the island.
- Detailed listings of all the facilities, activities, and services offered to guests on Hamilton Island, with prompts on how to book, and when they are next scheduled
- Navigate around Hamilton Island with detailed maps showcasing all points of interest, facilities, and retail outlets.
- Self-guided Audio-tours streamed directly to your phone for the scenic Passage Peak Trail and Village Trail
- Detailed Restaurant & Bar listings incorporating daily entertainment schedules.
- Shuttle Buses, and Ferry timetables for services on Hamilton Island
- Live flight arrival & departure information for services to Great Barrier Reef Airport (HTI) on Hamilton Island
- Detailed hotel compendiums for hotels operated by Hamilton Island Enterprises (HIE). These Hotels are Palm Bungalows, The Reef View Hotel, Beach Club, & qualia
- Live weather updates provided by Google Weather
- And more.
This App requires a connection to either a Wi-Fi or cellular data network in order access the most up-to-date information. Some free Wi-Fi hotspots are located across the island for guests staying at any Hotel operated by HIE.
There are generally good cellular phone signals accessible from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone networks across the island, although guests should note that there are some isolated locations on the island that may have weak, or no cellular signal.
Trip Journal makes it easy for you to document vacation experiences and share them with your friends and family. Impress everybody with real time updates from the visited destinations and let people see proof of your latest adventures, as your journey unfolds.
Key features of the Trip Journal
Record Trip Information
•Track your route using GPS technology – one of the most accurate tracking solutions available
•Record and edit waypoints for destinations you’ve visited (using automatic and manual positioning)
•Log your location automatically for all waypoints where available (e.g. Country, City Address)
•Tag photos and videos and share with friends and family across the world.
•Take photos and record videos using Trip Journal and save them to the Photo Gallery using your Android device, at full camera resolution
•2 Quality options for recorded video
•You can add gallery photos and video to waypoints you’ve previously created
•Write notes in the journal to highlight your holiday experiences
•Manage multiple and previous trips
•Map View – track the progress of your trip in real time, browse your trip photos, view where your videos and waypoints are on the map, and zoom in and out using the map controls available.
•Google Maps & Open Maps
•Trip Archive – you can store as many trips as you like in the archive, browse them at any time and share your memories with your friends and family.
•View media, notes and waypoints
•View real time trip stats
Using the Trip Sharing Facebook application allows sharing trips with your friends and family, whilst you have fun on holiday. A must have for all travellers who want to stay in touch with those at home. Unique design and functionality!
The Virgin Atlantic Trip Journal also supports:
•Twitter (e.g. GPS Tweeting)
The Virgin Atlantic Edition is free and limited to 3 trips. For more trips you can purchase the full version of the Trip Journal, using the ‘BUY’ option presented to you in the app.
Note: Continued usage of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life!
Travel Greece, Athens, Mainland, and Greek Islands: illustrated guide, phrasebook, and maps (Mobi Travel)
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ Street level GPS map covers Greece and Greek Islands.
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) expands articles with more information about attractions, history, geography and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Essentials: Phrasebook | Units Conversion | Tourism Offices | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | Driving in Europe
2. Greece: Quick Facts | World Heritage Sites | History | Geography | Climate | Culture | Regions | Get In | Get Around | Buy
3. Maps: Greece | Regions | Religious Sanctuaries
3.1 Mainland: Athens | Thessaloniki | Peloponnese | Chalkidiki | Mount Athos
3.2 Greek islands: Crete | Ionian | Corfu | Santorini | Rhodes | Cyclades | Mykonos | Páros | Skiathos | Náxos | Ios | Hydra | Kythira
4. Athens: History | Culture | Climate | Get in | Get Around | Districts | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe
4.1 Athens Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | Do | Buy | Get out
5. Thessaloniki: History | Culture | Climate | Get in & around | Attractions | Festivals | Eat | Drink | Sleep
6. Peloponnese: History | Geography | Get in & around | Attractions | Top 10 | Archaeological Sites | Cities | Beaches
7. Continental Greece: Central | Western Greece | Northern Greece (Macedonia and Thrace) | Itinerary
8. Crete: Geography | Cities | History | Get in | Sights | Eat
9. Greek Islands: A-Z List | Cyclades | Dodecanese Islands | Northern Aegean Islands | Saronic Islands | Sporades | Ionian
Top 10: Santorini | Corfu | Crete | Rhodes | Mykonos | Páros | Skiathos | Náxos | Ios | Hydra | Kythira
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
• Lives Burrow Cam – directly from a penguin’s burrow!
• 3D Penguin – flip the bird and discover all the physical traits that help penguins survive at sea and on land.
• Penguins Everywhere - find the best spot to get up close and personal and watch them waddle from beach to burrow.
• Penguin Tracking - follow four little penguins as they head to their burrows and at sea.
• Penguin Data to Device– see interviews with those closest to the penguins and watch the birds crossing the research weighbridge while real data about each penguin appears on your screen.
• All 17 Penguins of the world - learn about penguins of the world, including where they live and threats they face.
• Play a Game - collect as many fish as you can while avoiding the obstacles, or test your knowledge with our question and answer section.
• 6 Languages – App offered in English, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, German and Spanish.
And there’s more – other features include:
• Arrival Times and Directions - helpful information including daily updates as to when penguins arrive.
• Protecting Penguins - read about the history of the Penguin Parade and how we protect the little penguin colony.
• Adopt a Penguin – adopt your own penguin and contribute to conservation.
• Welcome to Country – hear the Welcome to Country by a local Aboriginal elder and listen to her story about penguins.
App Features :
About Batam Island
How To Get In
Live Flight Board
Special Feature :
Live Event (Twitter, Instagram, etc)