Sign-in to Google for leaderboards and achievements, competing with friends or the world for the best scores and ratings!
Wordiest offers a one-time in-app purchase to remove ads and load significantly more games for offline play.
★ Wordiest won the TWiT.tv All About Android #142 App Arena!
★ "The best word game I have ever played on Android." -Erez Zukerman, Android Editor at MakeUseOf.com
★ Featured in Mihir Patkar's "Words Without Friends: 7 Mind-Bending Single-Player Word Games"
• Touch the score graph to see other submissions.
• Press and hold "reset" to clear only non-words.
• Challenge others via Google+ to beat your score with the same starting letters.
Frequently asked questions:
• Why isn't X a word? Wordiest mashes up Wiktionary and the SOWPODS list of English words, only using entries that appear in both lists. Many Wiktionary entries are not actually words, in particular proper nouns such as city and country names.
• How is rating computed? Your rating is a moving average tracking the percentage of players you beat each round. If the percentage is greater than your current rating, your rating increases.
• Are there always 100 players? Almost always. Wordiest keeps 100 players per match, when a new player enters an old one gets kicked out.
"The most fun you can have on your own with 9 random letters. Brilliantly simple, devilishly addictive."
--Kim, Android Market comment
Ad supported, with ability to upgrade to ad-free full version in game.
Uses the SOWPODS word list containing 100,000+ words. They may be obscure, but yes those are words!
- Added a prominent menu button.
- Tweak backend communication for more robust multiplayer games.
- Fixed a rounding problem where top ratings stalled at 99.1.
- Optionally capitalize letters.
- Optionally make clear behave like backspace, hold will still clear.
- Accept keyboard input where available.
- Warn if trying to use the same word twice, can disable via options.
- Fix a ratings bug.
- Optimize tablet display.
- Optionally shake the device to shuffle letters.
- Use a simpler, more responsive rating system.
- Add a rating, tracking performance over time. View top rated players!
- Leaderboard of high scorers for each round.
- Optional offline play to reduce network use (free version still loads ads).
- Switch to a more compact dictionary model for a smaller app.
- Show all possible words using the given letters.
- Improve letter diversity (no more games with four 'A's).
- Fix a purchase bug.
An alien entity appeared in orbit. Scientists quickly learned it is using the human population to incubate a toxic compound they call Satis.
Attacks against the entity have failed, however a global effort is underway to develop an alien-ending Weapon. Meanwhile, focused endeavors have been able to slow or sometimes stop Satis generation within individual population centers.
Each game turn some cities get struck, increasing their Satis level. If a city is already at max Satis the strike ripples out to connected neighbors.
After the strike, players roll dice to lock in their resources, then spend those resources to move, cure, ripple-cure, or help build the Weapon. After all players finish, the next turn starts with a new strike. (In a multi-player game player turns are asynchronous, only waiting at the end while other players finish.)
Players lose if Satis consumes too many cities, or win if they finish the Weapon. Be smart: Satis strike counts accelerate over time!
Ad supported with optional one-time in-app purchase to remove ads (and support an indy developer!).
[Second screen photo adapted from Primus Inter Pares "Second screen Wetten dass app"]
Heart Rate Status is a simple app for displaying heart rate monitor data. While it supports a graph view, the main functionality is to display heart rate while using other applications via the system status bar or as an overlay.
Configure your target heart rate zone, heart rate appears with one of:
1. Bar above the number, heart rate is below target zone.
2. Bar below the number, heart rate is above target zone.
3. Bars both above and below, in target zone.
This app is only for exercise assistance.
- Graph sometimes flickers due to a bug in the chart library.
- Respect local date format.
- Add alternate spots in case the originals are not reachable (over water, etc). Uses "ceil(lat,lon)-birthdays" as opposed to the normal "floor(lat,lon)+birthdays".
- Remember birthdays across app restarts.
MMMunch is a collect-the-dots retro arcade game where you steer in and out to collect dots and dodge enemies. As you proceed through the levels the enemy starting positions change and more enemies get added. At high levels game speed increases, think fast!
Ad supported with an optional one-time in-app purchase to remove ads.
[Created for #1GAM (One Game a Month) challenge.]