Digital & Dreams
Each tool does what it is supposed to do. There's no space for special effects like 3D compass, talking level, psychedelic flashlight etc: the goal is to have a lightweight, fast and easy to use set of tools, one "tap" away from your home screen.
This app is half the size of a common "standalone tool" like a compass, a flashlight or a magnifying glass. This way you'll save a lot of disk space. You'll save network consumption too, not only for the first download but for every update too.
It doesn't require network access, the permission to write on your flash memory or the permission to read your contacts.
Suggestions, like new features to implement, new tools etc. are welcome. If you want to contribute a translation, please let us know by sending us an email ;)
If you find a bug, please contact us using the "Report a bug" main menu function.
Note: if you write a comment on the Android Market without sending us an email, it's difficult for us to fix the problem, because usually we need some information (such as smartphone type and version, a way to replicate the problem, etc.).
- Depending on the hardware capabilities of your device, some tools may not be shown
- The permission to use the camera is required in order to turn on the camera flash LED. Some devices (for instance the Google Nexus S) don't light the flash LED if the camera is not running. If you check the most popular flashlight apps, you'll find out that they all require this permission. Swiss Army Knife doesn't shoot any photos, doesn't save multimedia info onto the flash card and doesn't send anything via the internet: it doesn't require network permissions at all.
It is equipped with a number of customizable settings that combine ease of use and completeness.
You can, directly from the main screen:
- Move the clock’s digits by swiping.
- Pinch to zoom in/out.
- Rotate it by rotating two fingers on screen.
Other settings are available by pressing your device’s "menu" button and selecting the “Customize current preset” option or by double tapping the screen.
From here you can change:
- Selection and name of the active preset. There are three configurable presets. They appear as menu shortcuts.
- Screen brightness.
- Font Color.
- Background color.
- The font to use.
- Display style.
- Border’s thickness.
- Border’s color.
- Clock’s position.
The "Global settings" menu item is where you can:
- Lock the screen, so you do not accidentally move the clock.
- Set the time format AM/PM or 24h.
- Keep the screen on while the phone is charging.
- Keep the screen on while the phone is running on battery.
- Turn off the power when the battery is low.
- Use the "Anti burn in" to avoid this phenomenon. (*)
From the "Other" menu, you can select:
- About: some information about the application and its authors.
- Set Alarm: a shortcut for setting the alarm on your device. (**)
- Online Help: open the online help. (***)
- Online FAQ: open the online Frequently Asked Questions. (***)
- Online ChangeLog: open the online description of the latest updates. (***)
- Report a Bug: If you find something wrong that is not described in the online pages, please let us know by sending us an email.
(*) See your device’s instructions to check if it’s screen is more or less sensitive to burn-in (image retention).
(**) Not supported by some devices.
(***) Requires an active internet connection.