Includes:checklists, charts, and sleep tools, including a handy sleep logsleep books, websites, and organizations that every parent should know about
The Mother of All Parenting Books delivers:the facts on discipline-what works, what doesn't, and how your discipline methods need to evolve as your child grows olderpractical tips on teaching kids morals and valuesstrategies for promoting healthy child-parent communicationadvice on avoiding parent burnout the lowdown on what it takes to keep kids safe today without smothering themthe facts on fitness, nutrition, and body image and the important role that parents have to play in modeling healthy living for their kidsresearch updates on bullying, eating disorders, childhood depression, and other important health and safety issuestips for riding out the sometimes rocky preteen yearsa listing of Canadian resources, including an Internet directory
Happy Parents Happy Kids is the ultimate no-guilt guide to boosting your enjoyment of parenting while at the same time maximizing the health and happiness of your entire family. You can find ways to take care of yourself while you’re busy raising a family—just as you can choose to use parenting strategies that work for you and your kids. This practical and encouraging book will help you
· Discover what less-stressed-out parents know about minimizing the fallout from work-life imbalance (to say nothing of all the other things our generation of parents can’t help but feel anxious about)
· Tackle the challenges of distracted parenting(in a way that helps kids to develop healthy relationships with technology)
· Balance your hopes and dreams for your children with the demands of the rest of your life
· Manage screen time for your whole family with simple and effective strategies
· Learn mindfulness strategies that can make parenting easier and can be effortlessly worked into your daily life
· Live healthier (including a crash course on the science of habit change)
· Become a calmer and more confident parent so that you can stop feeling bad and raise astonishingly great kids
The takeaway message is clear, powerful, and potentially life-changing. You can lose the guilt, embrace the joy, and thrive alongside your kids.
Featuring real world solutions, this reassuring and wisdom-packed guide gives you the lowdown on:getting your child off to a healthy start nutrition-wiseintroducing first foods the step-by-step, no-worry waymaking nutritious, great tasting baby foodserving up toddler- and preschooler-friendly meals and snacksfeeding vegetarian kidsdining in and dining out: mom-proven mealtime strategies geared to each age and stage coping with picky eaters and nourishing sick kidsnutrition tips, allergy alerts and other essential health and safety informationsetting the stage for happy mealtimes and how you can help your child to develop a healthy relationship with food
Includes:timesaving cooking tips and recipes from kitchen-savvy momsnutrition charts to ensure you've got your baby's nutritional bases coveredmeal planners and shopping lists even a convenient food label decoderorganizations, websites and books every parent should know about
- Thoroughly and systematically explore topics across each level with clear explanations, worked examples, tasks and test your knowledge multiple choice activities.
- Focus your learning on the key concepts and strategies with learner tips and helpful reminders throughout.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of all three certification levels, with content written by experienced examiners.
- Get exam ready with clear objectives which indicate the skills to be developed and the area of the examination targeted.
- Gain understanding of complex mathematical concepts with everyday transactional uses of mathematics.