The volume covers setting up your DSLR, how to shoot properly, exploring predefined shooting modes, learning manual settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO), basic equipment needs, composition and technique, image storage and organization, image editing software, sharing, syncing and backing up, reference materials and more.
- Understanding the difference between macro and close-up photography
- Choosing dedicated macro equipment and learning how to use it
- Modifying existing equipment for macro and close-up photography using reversing rings, extension tubes, macro couplers, and diopters
- Creating on-camera, off-camera, and external lighting solutions
- Do-It-Yourself projects for creating a variety of reflectors and diffusers
- Learning an array of macro and close-up shooting techniques
- Mastering the fundamental issues of shooting macro and close-up, such as depth of field, natural and artificial lighting, proper exposure, subject and camera movement, and principles of light and shadow
- Employing elements of art and style for better bokeh, creative focus, unique perspective, inventive exposure, and proper composition
- Processing macro and close-up photographs using editing software
The volume also includes information and links to useful gadgets, equipment, graphics, and online communities relevant to macro and close-up photography.
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in a different genre of photography, or someone who has an interest in shooting close-ups, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful macro and close-up photos.
- Understanding the benefits and shortcomings of a PAS camera
- Getting to know all the features, buttons, and interfaces of your compact camera
- Preparing your camera to shoot the best possible photos and videos using the proper file formats (JPEG+RAW), adjusting metering methods, and choosing appropriate aspect ratios
- Exploring Standard, Scene, and Creative modes for shooting in common and more challenging environments
- Learning, in depth, how to shoot using manual controls by understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- What additional equipment to purchase
- Composition tips and a variety of photographic techniques
- How to store, organize, and enhance all your photos
- The best way to share your masterpieces with friends and family using a variety of mobile and desktop applications/services
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in photography, or just someone interested in taking better pictures, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful photographs.