College Secrets and its companion book, College Secrets for Teens, reveal the true costs of earning a college degree – and then provides hundreds of money-saving ideas to help students and parents reduce or eliminate these expenses. College Secrets can save you $20,000 to $200,000 over the course of a four-year education.
In this book, you’ll discover:
· 22 hidden costs that college officials never talk about
· 24 tricks to slash in-state and out-of-state tuition costs
· 7 tips to keep room and board expenses under control
· 13 strategies to save money on books and supplies
· 14 lifestyle costs that students must manage wisely
· 6 do’s and don’ts to avoid credit card debt in college
· 12 steps to boost your odds of winning scholarships
· 15 common mistakes that reduce your financial aid … and much, much more!
The College Secrets series is your roadmap to paying for college the smart way – with some sanity, truth and planning in the process, and without going broke or winding up deep in debt.