Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles
* Beautifully illustrated with numerous images relating to Blake's life and works
* Concise introductions to the poetry and other works
* Images of how the poetry books were first printed, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* Excellent formatting of the poems
* Famous poetry collections like SONGS OF INNOCENCE are fully illustrated with the text
* Special chronological and alphabetical contents tables for the poetry
* Easily locate the poems you want to read
* Includes a special 'Plates' section with Blake's complete engravings, paintings and illustrations - spend hours exploring Blake's artistic genius in over 1,100 images!
* Features two biographies - discover Blake's literary life
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
The Poetry and Prose Books
AN ISLAND IN THE MOON
ALL RELIGIONS ARE ONE
THERE IS NO NATURAL RELIGION
SONGS OF INNOCENCE
THE BOOK OF THEL
THE MARRIAGE OF HEAVEN AND HELL
THE FRENCH REVOLUTION
VISIONS OF THE DAUGHTERS OF ALBION
AMERICA A PROPHECY
EUROPE A PROPHECY
THE FIRST BOOK OF URIZEN
SONGS OF EXPERIENCE
THE BOOK OF LOS
THE SONG OF LOS
THE BOOK OF AHANIA
THE FOUR ZOAS
MILTON A POEM
JERUSALEM: THE EMANATION OF THE GIANT ALBION
SONGS AND BALLADS FROM BLAKE'S NOTEBOOK (1793)
SATIRIC VERSES AND EPIGRAMS FROM BLAKE'S NOTEBOOK
LIST OF POEMS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
LIST OF POEMS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
CATALOGUE OF VISUAL WORKS
WILLIAM BLAKE by Irene Langridge
WILLIAM BLAKE by Charles Gardner
The Marriage of Heaven and Hell is both a humorous satire on religion and morality and a work that concisely expresses Blake's essential wisdom and philosophy, much of it revealed in the 70 aphorisms of his "Proverbs of Hell." This beautiful edition, reproduced from a rare facsimile, invites readers to enjoy the rich character of Blake's own hand-printed text along with his deeply stirring illustrations, reproduced on 27 full-color plates. A typeset transcription of the text is included.
A selection of Blake's most haunting verse, including 'The Songs of Innocence and Experience'.
One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever Penguin Classic in 1946. Each book gives readers a taste of the Classics' huge range and diversity, with works from around the world and across the centuries - including fables, decadence, heartbreak, tall tales, satire, ghosts, battles and elephants.
This new, facsimile edition of the Songs of Innocence reproduces Blake's color plates in a fashion which the artist himself would have approved. The 31 plates — printed on facing pages which are the same size of Blake's own first edition — offer one of the more brightly colored versions of this significant volume, no two copies of which are the same. As a special aid to readers, a typographical reprint of the text of poems follows the plates. Such classic "songs" as "The Lamb" and "The Chimney Sweeper" are now accessible to all in the symbiotic union of poem and picture that is crucial to a total understating of Blake's mind and art.
The “Songs of Innocence” were published in 1789 and republished in 1794 together with the “Songs of Experience”. They represent Blake's two perspectives on the world, that of the child (innocence) and that of the adult (experience).
Blake's poetical works were largely neglected in their own time but are today considered some of the most brilliant of English verse. The “Songs” are presented here together with “Auguries of Innocence".
Public Domain (P)2016 Spiders' House Audio/Roy Macready