People also search for
New Foundations in Mathematics will be of interest to undergraduate and graduate students of mathematics and physics who are looking for a unified treatment of many important geometric ideas arising in these subjects at all levels. The material can also serve as a supplemental textbook in some or all of the areas mentioned above and as a reference book for professionals who apply mathematics to engineering and computational areas of mathematics and physics.
Features and Topics:
* The mathematical foundations of geometric algebra are explored
* Applications in computational geometry include models of reflection and ray-tracing and a new and concise characterization of the crystallographic groups
* Applications in engineering include robotics, image geometry, control-pose estimation, inverse kinematics and dynamics, control and visual navigation
* Applications in physics include rigid-body dynamics, elasticity, and electromagnetism
* Chapters dedicated to quantum information theory dealing with multi-particle entanglement, MRI, and relativistic generalizations
Practitioners, professionals, and researchers working in computer science, engineering, physics, and mathematics will find a wide range of useful applications in this state-of-the-art survey and reference book. Additionally, advanced graduate students interested in geometric algebra will find the most current applications and methods discussed.