• die Grundgesetze der Kinematik und Kinetik, die Prinzipien von d’Alembert, Jourdain und Hamilton sowie die Lagrange‘schen und Newton-Euler‘schen Bewegungsgleichungen
• Lineare diskrete und kontinuierliche Schwingungssysteme, Lösungsverfahren sowie Approximationsmethoden von Ritz und Galerkin, Zeitverhalten, Stabilität
• Nichtlineare Mechanik, Lösungsverfahren am Beispiel des Schwingers mit einem Freiheitsgrad, Stabilität
• Phänomene der Schwingungsentstehung; fremderregte, parametererregte und selbsterregte Schwingungen
Die 3. Auflage dieses gut eingeführten Werks wurde gründlich überarbeitet, didaktisch verbessert und aktualisiert sowie an internationale Anforderungen angepasst.
The topics covered include friction modeling, self-excited friction oscillators, homogeneous frictional systems, unsteady lubricated friction, instantaneous contact geometry, impact damping, friction-induced instability and nonlinear dynamics of stick-slip systems, among other topics.
This book gives a comprehensive picture of dynamics of dissipative mechanical and structural systems. It also gives an up-to-date account of the present state of the field. It will be of interest to engineers, rheologists, material scientists, applied mathematicians, physicists and historians of science and technology.
Contents:Analysis of a Self-Excited Friction Oscillator with External Excitation (K Popp et al.)The Nonlinear Dynamics of Oscillators with Stick-Slip Friction (B Feeny)Dynamics of Homogeneous Frictional Systems (J Inaudi & J Kelly)Friction and Impact Damping in a Truss Using Pinned Joints (S Folkman et al.)Design of a Friction Damper to Control Vibration of Turbine Blades (J-H Wang)Modeling Unsteady Lubricated Friction (A Polycarpou & A Soom)
Readership: Engineers, rheologists, materials scientists, applied mathematicians, physicists and historians of science and technology.
In Part 1, Professor Pfeiffer and Dr. Glocker provide an exhaustive review of the laws and principles governing the dynamics of unilateral contacts in multibody mechanical and technical systems. Among the topics covered are multibody and contact kinematics, the dynamics of rigid body systems, multiple contact configurations, detachment and stick-slip transitions, frictionless impacts, impacts with friction, and the Corner law of contact dynamics.
In Part 2, the authors present numerous applications of the theories presented in Part 1. Each chapter in this part is devoted to a different law, theory, or model, such as discontinuous force laws, classical impact theory, Coulomb's friction law, and mechanical and mathematical models of impacts and friction. In addition, each chapter features several practical examples that allow engineers to observe the concepts described in action. Examples are drawn from a broad array of fields and range from hammering in gears as occurring in a synchronous generator to impacts and friction as observed in a child's woodpecker toy, from a demonstration of classical impact theory using an automobile gear box example, to Coulomb's friction law as applied to a turbine blade damper.
Multibody Dynamics with Unilateral Contacts is an indispensable resource for mechanical engineers working on all types of multibody systems and the friction and vibration problems that can occur in them. It is also a valuable reference for researchers studying nonlinear dynamics.
The only book devoted entirely to the theory and applications of onE of the most crucial aspects of multibody system design.
This is the first book to focus exclusively on the theory and applications of multiple contact situations occurring in continuous joints and couplings in multibody systems. As such, it is a valuable resource for engineers working on mechanical systems with interrelated multiple parts. Multibody Dynamics with Unilateral Contacts
* Provides a comprehensive examination of the laws and principles governing the dynamics of unilateral contacts in multibody mechanical and technical systems.
* Presents the latest mathematical models and simulation techniques for describing the interactions of joints and couplings in multibody systems.
* Describes practical applications for all the concepts covered.
* Includes numerous examples drawn from a wide range of fascinating and enlightening real-world demonstrations, including everything from an airplane's landing gear to a child's toy.