Scales: Mermaids Are Real

2017 • 92 minutes
4.5
68 reviews
PG
Rating
Eligible
Watch in a web browser or on supported devices Learn More

About this movie

Siren Phillips has lived her life thinking she's an ordinary girl, in an ordinary town. On the eve of her twelfth birthday, however, she learns that she is far from ordinary. Destined to turn into a Mermaid at the age of twelve, Siren must struggle with her new reality, saying good bye to her mother and friends, while she transitions into the water. To make matters worse, a group of Hunters are after her, trying to catch her. She soon becomes friends with Adam Wilts, a new boy at school, who she turns to for help. He agrees to help her, but finds himself caught in the middle, when it's his own father who is after Siren. When Siren's mother is taken, the town must rally behind her, and help her make a peaceful transition into the water, before the hunters can find out where she is.
Rating
PG
4.5
68 reviews
On Streak
April 3, 2020
Hold Up. Why don't they just heal people instead of playing Marco Polo in an ocean. Anyone else bothered by the fact she dismantled a man and everyone wanted to learn. WHY ARE THEIR NO BOY MERMAIDS. Also when they say 65% water does that mean the other 35 % is clothes. What is this logic. Who would torture someone like this for over an hour and a half. One last thing isn't siren like the mythological name for something that causes sailors to run into rocks and die.#murderer name
12 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
Kayla von Seggern
April 5, 2018
I think Siren was awsome towards Krystal , and everyone else especially adam. Adam and siren both have unique personalities and would make a cute couple. This movie is adorable but the drama is somewhat forgettable. 5 stars lol
Did you find this helpful?
Matthew Kretschmer
June 8, 2019
This is really one of the best mermaid movies ever. Just like Aquamarine (2006 movie), The Little Mermaid (1989 Disney's animated), and Splash (1984). Siren's (Emmy Perry) mermaid tail is gorgeous for as she says so. Same for her real mom's, Emerald (Hannah Fraser), mermaid tail. Also, how they both swim and are together. I wish there was a sequel to this (mermaid) movie.
Did you find this helpful?

Rate this movie

Tell us what you think.