*** This is a fully functional 1 day FREE TRIAL ***
* Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
* Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
*Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
* About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A search tool:
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool:
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
Added 50,000 more hindi meanings in this update.
English to Hindi Dictionary (हिन्दी शब्दकोश) a quick reference/gude
with meanings available for almost all words. A light weight app works
offline and gives faster results without any hassle.
** This app is listed top 20 free apps in android market. Thank you for
making this big success in short time. Watchout for more improvements
and exciting features. **
-Elegant andcsimple UI for faster results
-Simple and easy to use
This free app is ad supported and may contain ads in the notification tray and/or home screen.
If you would like to opt out from Push Ads. Use this link any time http://www.airpush.com/optout
You download the dictionaries to the SD card the first time you launch the app. Choose which dictionary or dictionaries you want to download.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries, which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
Offline dictionaries is a free, ad-supported application. For the ad-free version, check out Offline dictionaries Pro.
There are more than 40 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including:
* English dictionary
* English anagrams
* English word list
* English <-> French
* English <-> German
* English <-> Spanish
* English <-> Russian
* English <-> Portuguese
* English <-> Arabic
* English <-> Hebrew
* English <-> Korean
* English <-> Chinese
* English <-> Japanese
* English <-> Hindi
* French dictionary
* French anagrams
* French word list
* French <-> Spanish
* French <-> Czech
* French <-> German
* French <-> Italian
* French <-> Chinese
* French <-> Japanese
* French <-> Arabic
* French <-> Dutch
* French <-> Hindi
* French <- Walloon
* Russian <- Chinese
* Russian <-> French
* Russian <-> German
* Russian <-> Italian
* German <-> Russian
* Japanese -> German
* Spanish dictionary
* Korean (full / law Hanja / Hanzi)
* Synonyms for English, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish, Irish
Dictionaries are added or improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
Follow us on Twitter to get informed : http://twitter.com/nghsfr
The application can be used through ebook readers such as Moon Reader+...
Note: first INSTALLATION of BIG DICTIONARIES can be SLOW. Just WAIT for the progress window to be closed. No action is required.
Keywords: Thesaurus, dictionary, off-line dictionaries, disconnected, dictionnaire, hors ligne, horsligne
♦ More than 167000 words plus 113000 inflected forms
♦ Fast as it works offline, internet is used only when a word is not found in the offline dictionary
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger!
♦ Easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets
♦ Bookmarks and history with option to backup your bookmarks
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader and FBReader
♦ Themes with user defined text colors
You can listen to the word pronunciation, provided that voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine). No voice output? Please goto http://goo.gl/axXwR.
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up "Customize dictionary" and select "Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word"
An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
This application requires the following permissions:
INTERNET - to retrieve the definition of words
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to backup configuration and bookmarks
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
*FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices like the Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab
Get the Premium Dictionary.com app to enjoy an ad-free experience with example sentences and more.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* For Phones: Reader View - lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Britannica, Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused.
Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
The database includes proper nouns and common abbreviations in addition to English vocabulary (e.g. LOL, Oxford, ROFL, Webster, UNHCR, etc.)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb, and it's free. Better than dictionary.com? - judge for yourself!
Database size is more than 32MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
* More than 37.000 words and expressions
* Works offline! No Internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Hindi (if installed) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Bookmark your favorite translations for fast reference.
* Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
NOTE: The Devanagari keyboard may not be available in some Android devices.
This application is FREE and supported by ads. The internet access permission is only used to load the ads.
Q: How can I share a translation?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, Facebook, etc)
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Google Play. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech language?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
* Hindi (if installed)
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
If you are a student, tourist or traveler, it will helps you to learn the language!
Hindi (or Hindustani) is one of the official languages of India.
Disclaimer: This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
Google Translate link: http://translate.google.com
** Requires active internet connection to work ** No offline version.
Talking Translator / Dictionary / Word of the day / Daily word
- Supports many languages - Italian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Includes dictionary
- Word of the day - (also in widget; and daily notifications - turn them off in Settings)
- Sentence correction
- Transcription / transliteration for many languages
Speak a sentence and hear the translation!
Note: The app offers a very large number of languages for translation. Not all languages have voice support.
- Learn the language you always wanted to learn!
* Please note that we do not have any control over payments and downloads. So please do not contact us regarding payment or download issues. We are always happy to help with the app features!
- voice recognition for all major languages (new feature)
- eMail or SMS the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- translation history
Now available on iPhone too - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/talking-translator!/id579870510?mt=8
China chinese 翻譯 字典 中國
France french Traducteur Dictionnaire
Germany german language Übersetzer Wörterbuch Lexikon Diktionär
traduttore dizionario Italy
Japan japanese 辞書 ディクショナリ 辞典 ディクショナリー 字引 辭典 翻訳者 訳者 翻訳家 トランスレーター
Korea korean 한국 번역자 사전 수리인 역자 자동 중계기 번역 루틴 사전 사서 자서
espanol Spain Mexico Traductor Diccionario language learn tutor teach learning school master phrase phrasebook read talk greenline time love much loved housekeeper easy app fun better
Search a word and translate a sentence in Wikipedia, Wordnet, StarDict, It's the best all-in-one dictionary on the market
• Fast search in online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries on market & internet.
• Long click to share search result
• Long click for word jump feature.
• Supports Quick Search Box
• Supports ColorNote App - ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports StarDict compatible dictionaries
• Supports Wordnet dictionary
• Words suggestion
• Saves search history
• Change color of dictionary
• Select a word in a result
• Send a result to other apps
• Voice recognition
• Use Volume Key to move between result
E-Book Reader that supports ColorDict
• Moon+ Reader
• Cool Reader
• ezPDF Reader
• Download a file to your PC
• Copy compressed file(tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
Offline dictionaries : (Download Add-On)
• English Wordnet offline dictionary
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-Japanese offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-Chinese offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-German offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-Spanish offline dictionary (stardict)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
• Wikipedia online encyclopedia
• English, Japanese, Czech, German, French, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Dutch, and many other languages.
Google Translate [This feature is removed]
• Google Translate, Google Dictionary.
• Google's online translation & dictionary Add-on
• Translate English, Japanese, Czech, German, French, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Dutch, and many other languages.
• Supports Dictionary API for 3rd party developer
• Dictionary, Translate, StarDict, Wordnet, Thesaurus, English Dictionary, English Thesaurus, FBReader, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF Reader, Wikipedia, ColorNote, Color Note, encyclopedia
Definitions for over 200,000 words.
Gives over 33,000 example sentences to show words in context.
Over 260,000 related words.
Accepts voice input.
Includes Word of the Day and Random word.
Stores previously searched words in the History.
Download size of only 211K so uses much less file space than other free dictionary apps.
A Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus with Word of the Day and History!
Free English Dictionary gives you over 200,000 word definitions at your fingertips in seconds. Type in an English word and the definition is quickly retrieved from the dictionary. Suggested words are given as you type so don’t worry if you’re not sure of the spelling. If your device is running android 2.1 and above you can also speak and search without having to type the word.
Dictionary definitions are given with examples and notes so you can see the word used in a sentence.
Once you have looked up a word in the dictionary, the Thesaurus button quickly finds words with similar meaning (synonyms) and opposite meaning (antonyms). You can also search the thesaurus directly. Touch a word displayed in the thesaurus results and the dictionary definition is provided.
The Word of the Day function offers an interesting and unusual words retrieved from the dictionary with definitions, examples and notes.
Need more than just one new word a day? Click on the random button in the word of the day page and a new random word, with definitions and examples, will be retrieved from the dictionary.
The History function displays a list of words previously looked up in the dictionary. If you need to check that definition again, just click on the word in the history and the dictionary definition is shown.
Free English Dictionary is regularly updated to enhance performance and user experience.
Look out for new features coming soon to Free English Dictionary:
Audio function - hear how a word is pronounced.
More dictionaries to choose from.
Free English dictionary, it’s quick, easy and very useful!
Dictionary! is a fully on-phone (no internet required! works on planes!) dictionary that features super-fast typing, spell checking, and quick access to find out exactly what a word means.
Designed with minimalism in mind, Dictionary! has a single minded purpose of helping you to find the word you are looking for. No annoying "word of the day" features and no cheesy embedded games. Dictionary! helps you get what you need done and continue on with your day!
Download world's most popular Hindi to English Dictionary for your android based Phone/Tablet...It's Free!
© KHANDBAHALE.COM | खांडबहाले.कॉम ... a free multilingual dictionary !
More from developer
Main Hindi English Dictionary now contain both Online and Offline functionality. Install this app only IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD Dictionary files post installtion.
Link to main dictionary app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=HinKhoj.Dictionary
We recommend you use online version for best results.
Note: Please don't kill application while it is configuring. You need to uninstall and install it again in case configuration fails.
Check your daily rashiphal (rashifal) from android using HinKhoj Rashiphal App. Show astrology, horoscope in Hindi.
Showing daily rashiphal (rashifal) from http://rashi.hinkhoj.com
Different categories for job available like love jokes, husband-wife jokes...
Jokes taken from http://jokes.hinkhoj.com
This is app to get Employment News (rojgar samachar ) through android app.
1. support for moving to sdcard
2. Refresh button to get latest jobs
3. auto update jobs in 24 hours
4. Job Reminders
5. Saved interesting jobs
6. Hindi font used to display (work on all android version)
Jobs regularly updated about:
a. Indian railways job
b. police or constable related
c. teacher jobs
d. engineer opening - civil , electric , chemical , mechanical , electronic and communication , computer
Jobs updated by HinKhoj from http://jobs.hinkhoj.com
find indian vyanjan vidhi on android. Learn preparing indian food through app in hindi language.
all kind of food like north indian, nasta (snack), paratha, raita, sabji (curry) available.
Recipes from http://hindi-recipes.hinkhoj.com