Related Challenge is published by the Academy of Dijon.
Cycle concerned: Cycle 4
Base Area: 4
Target competency: Calculate - Practice mental calculations and automated calculation
Description: Related Challenge is an exerciser on transactions with related numbers.
It is possible to set it:
- the response time
- the number of questions
- the type of operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- the type of operation (direct calculation or calculation hole).
- the signs of the relative numbers (identical contrary, indifferent).
- writing numbers and responses (simplified or not).
Three configurations (easy mode, medium and hard) are used to start the game very quickly.
Related Challenge has two game modes:
I. SINGLE PLAYER
The student realizes exercise alone. After validation of the response, a correction is given if needed. At the end of the exercise, a small balance sheet is displayed: a score of success, and some information about response times (best time, less good time and average time).
II. CHALLENGE MODE
The exercise is carried out in two, in shared mode, as a challenge to win against his opponent must respond more quickly (and cheapest!) Than him. At the end of the year, a review of the responses, corrected if necessary, is displayed.
Monitoring of learning:
It is possible (but not required) to create a user account in Related Challenge. In this case, the information of each exercise performed with this account are available. It is possible to see a balance sheet or the details of each exercise.
Related challenge can be used during an ongoing session, as a training tool for the differentiation of the work done.
Related challenge can also be used in Custom accompaniment of ways:
- As a training tool of reinforcement / capacity acquired, allowing differentiation of the work done (Operations used, time limit, direct calculations or hole, etc.);
- As a tool of "competition" to compete with another student, through the Challenge Mode: championship knockout round, quarter-finals, etc., with the entire group, or chicken by levels, with for example a ranking display this week in the room.