Get money back from the government every time you fill up your boat, lawnmower, generator, farming, construction, or other off-road equipment.
Claim your state and federal fuel tax refund with a few simple taps.
(Available in WA state only at this time)
- Get up to $0.51 per gallon between state and federal refunds. That’s more than $25 on a 50-gallon fill-up.
- It’s as easy as taking a photo. Gallons streamlines your submission process by making it as easy as taking a photo of your receipt and clicking what boat or other equipment you used. Your receipt is automatically processed to extract all the relevant information.
- Money is deposited straight into your bank account. Simply link your bank account with a trusted, safe, secure platform.
- Fill up at a gas station, marina, or with a fuel truck? Claim it, as long as it’s not dyed.
- All-kinds of off-road equipment: Boats, sea-doos, lawnmowers or other landscaping equipment, rental equipment, unlicensed farm or construction equipment, logging, power take-off, manufacturing, fuel export, tribal fishing...the list goes on.
Washington state permits claiming your refund under RCW 82.38.180. Unleaded, non-dyed diesel, aviation and jet-fuel only. Unlicensed equipment or boats only. 41-gallon minimum. Subject to specific restrictions on when and how often you can file. Don’t worry though, Gallons makes this all very easy or automatic.