LineCast turns your Android device into a secure CCTV camera accessible from anywhere through the web.
- Watch what is happening at your place.
- Keep an eye on your pets.
- Get motion detection notifications.
LineCast is an easy-to-use CCTV camera application that uses your phone or tablet as a high-quality home security camera and allows you to watch live stream video wherever you are via an IP network. In less than a minute, LineCast turns an old spare Android phone into a home security camera platform, offering you a unique ability to use any
other device for video surveillance monitoring, as you simply need a web browser on the other end.
• Access From Anywhere
Watch the live video stream on a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. All vendors and operating systems are supported. Nothing to install to view the video and listen to the audio; just open a web page and get connected to your camera. No proximity constraint: access your surveillance camera from anywhere through Internet.
• High Video Quality For Free
LineCast is a genuinely free security camera app: HD (720p) and 960p video resolutions are available at no cost, with up to 1 Mbps bandwidth. Enjoy a crystal-clear 1280×960 picture like from a professional IP security camera system... but for free.
• Low Latency, Fast Connection
Connect to your home camera security system in 5 seconds. Get real-time latency. The network speed is the only limit.
• Motion Detection Alerts
Get real-time notifications when your remote IP camera detects motion.
• Remote Camera Control
Control front/back camera switch, flashlight, bitrate and resolution remotely from the web page.
• Bidirectional Audio
Listen to the camera’s microphone and send audio back to its loudspeaker right from the web browser.
• Full Anonymity and Privacy Respected
There is no sign up. We do not ask for your e-mail address nor access to your Google account.
• Enhanced Security
Optional two-factor authentication is implemented to secure access to your remote IP camera. The captured content transport is secured by encryption.
• High Durability
LineCast is designed for a robust non-stop capture 24/24, while other IP camera apps may get killed by the system after a while.
• No ads. At all.
You will not see ads when using the service, even for free.
▶ How does it work?
The setup is simple and takes less than a minute:
- Get the app on a device you want to use as a CCTV camera.
- Choose a camera password in the app. This password is used to restrict access to your camera.
- Complete the setup and start capturing video in the app. The app will provide a unique random access link.
- Follow this link in a web browser on the device of your choice and enter the password you have chosen. You’ll then get the live stream video and audio from your surveillance camera.
To enhance security, you can opt for two-factor authentication. With this option, in addition to your password, a one-time verification code is asked to connect to the camera.
▶ What are the paid features?
LineCast is fully usable for free with the following limitations:
- Capture session time is limited to 6 hours. After that, you need to manually restart the capture in the app.
- Video resolution is limited to 960p.
- Media bitrate is limited to 1 Mbps.
This free offering with HD+ video quality and no ads makes LineCast a unique security camera app for house.
Paid options enable:
- unlimited capture time;
- higher video resolutions (all resolutions supported by the device’s camera);
- bitrates above 1 Mbps.
▷ Find more information on our website lcast.app
or contact us. Or just try out LineCast for free, and you will get a home security camera working in a minute.