The present Baroque church is located at the Matejko Square was in its original form to one of the oldest Romanesque churches of Krakow. It was located in the center of the northernmost settlement of commercial przedlokacyjnego Krakow, the trade route running from north to south.
The foundation of the church in 1184 years by Prince Casimir II the Just and the Bishop of Krakow Gedko was associated with bringing Italy to the Cathedral of St. relics. Florian - an early Christian martyr of the IV., Recognized in the Middle Ages as a symbol of the indomitable Knights of Christ and the patron protecting from fires.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Here curate was Fr.. Karol Wojtyla - St. Pope John Paul II