EchoCalc is a port of the successful British Society of Echocardiography (BSE) iPhone App - EchoCalc - made freely available to download.
This is the "donate" version - it is identical to the free version, except for acknowledging that you have donated in the "patient" tab. There is no intention to make the donate version better than the free version. If you find EchoCalc useful, please consider buying the "donate" version - all money raised goes to BSE (minus Google's cut!).
If you install this version, you should uninstall the free one.
EchoCalc contains all of the BSE normal reference values for transthoracic echocardiography and other widely used reference values, including those for prosthetic aortic and mitral valves. The information is displayed in an easy-to-use format, and is supported by clear high quality diagrams and references.
EchoCalc also includes a series of key echocardiography calculators commonly used in clinical practice:
- Body Surface Area (BSA) and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- LV diameter indexed for BSA
- LV diastolic and systolic volumes indexed for BSA
- LV mass indexed for BSA, Relative wall thickness and geometry
- E/Em for estimation of PCWP and diastolic function
- LV & RV systolic function by dP/dt and MPI
- LV diastolic function assessment
- LA volume
- Dobutamine Stress Echo infusion rates and target heart rate
- Risk of significant CAD calculator
- Aortic regurgitation: regurgitant volume, regurgitant fraction and EROA by volumetric analysis
- Aortic regurgitation: regurgitant volume and EROA by PISA
- Aortic stenosis: aortic valve area by continuity equation and velocity ratio, calculation of Zva
- Mitral regurgitation: regurgitant volume, regurgitant fraction and EROA by volumetric analysis
- Mitral regurgitation: regurgitant volume and EROA by PISA
- Mitral stenosis: mitral valve area by pressure half-time
- Mitral stenosis: mitral valve area by PISA
- Prosthetic aortic & mitral valves: dimensionless index, EOA and EOA indexed for BSA
- Aortic root dimension indexed for BSA, age and sex of patient
- Information guides to echo measurements for each chapter that will be updated in line with BSE educational material. This information data is stored on your SD card (if available) rather than precious internal memory and can be updated with a small download at any time.
EchoCalc for Android devices was written for, and donated free to, the BSE by Dr Allan Harkness.
If you find EchoCalc useful, please consider buying the "donate" version to help support the BSE.
Please use the menu option "email a bug" to report any bugs or comments as this will help improve the app quicker than negative comments on the marketplace.