SkillSpace connects independent construction crews and individuals to companies looking to hire them.
Keeping steady work can be difficult and scary. You’re qualified and professional, yet it still seems like you're always battling to get paid what you deserve. This is exactly why we've built SkillSpace. We want to give great contractors the ability to take control of their careers. Simply set up an account displaying your credentials, search local jobs, become immediately searchable by companies looking for what you have to offer, and even reach out to companies directly to offer your services.
- Search: search through jobs and companies in your area.
- Connect: Once you find a great company, connect with them directly.
- Chat: Speak directly through the app using our English to Spanish translation features.
- Share and discover: Share your work with the world by posting images and being found via our Discover feed.
- Business networking: Connect with other businesses in your area to build local relationships and forge new opportunities.
Why we’re different:
We don’t believe that the fundamental way in which we go about finding work in construction is correct. We differ from apps like Indeed, Craigslist and ZipRecruiter because we aren’t based solely on job posts. While we do help you find open positions, we highly encourage reaching out directly to companies in your area to build real relationships. Even if the company you’re interested in isn’t necessarily looking to hire.
Now this isn’t exactly a revolutionary idea. LinkedIn has proven this model for over 20 years now. The issues is, LinkedIn is built for engineers, marketers, lawyers, accountants, and salespeople. Not people who get their hands dirty. We’re bringing the luxuries of a platform like LinkedIn to the other half of the world.
Creating a SkillSpace account is completely free