Concerned about climate change?
This app will help you make a travel decision more friendly for the climate. You can find how much every journey contributes to the carbon footprint.
With this app you can:
• plan your journey with awareness to the carbon footprint
• compare the carbon footprint depending what transport type is chosen
• check your journey details
Carbon dioxide emissions from transport account for a third of all carbon dioxide emissions. How to reduce them? Can we as individuals contribute to make a positive impact for the climate?
What we can do:
• travel less,
• use more green types of transport, for example:
- choose train instead of car
- choose public transport instead of individual one
- find alternative to flying
• use bikes often
• prefer to travel locally
In app, we use carbon dioxide equivalent, CO2e, to measure carbon footprint. There are different greenhouse gases that are warming our atmosphere. Carbon dioxide, CO2, takes the larger share of greenhouse emissions, but others like methane, CH4, nitrous oxide, N2O, are much more potent even they are less dominant. Carbon dioxide equivalent, CO2e, describes for a given amount of greenhouse gas, the amount of carbon dioxide, CO2, that would have the same atmosphere warming potential.