IV Drips is a great tool in the Emergency and Critical Care settings. This medical app contains 44 of the most common used critical drips for quick reference at your finger tips. It also includes calculators to give you either mL/hr or dose/hr. With each drug you will quickly be able to see its class, indications, and what side effects to watch out for. IV Drips also gives you the standard infusion rates for each medication. Each drug comes pre-programmed in their standard concentration for quick calculation. There is also a Customize feature which allows you to change the infusion rates and drug concentrations according to your facility’s policy.
Internet access is NOT required to use this app.
STORAGE permission is required for the Backup/Restore feature.
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a drug? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
Be sure to check out our other app, NurseCalcs, which features many of the most used nursing calculators!
Keywords: nursing, nurse, registered, calculator, calculators, nursing student, medical, medicine, dosing, IV, dose, patient, drip, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, MD, EMT, paramedic, medic, critical, care, emergency, ER, ED, CCU, ICU, pharm, pharmacy, pharmacist, cardiac, drug, drugs, medicine, medication, medications,
Reviews and ratings are welcome
Pediatric Support it is an application aimed at health professionals. Its objective is to facilitate the handling of an emergency situation involving a child
You only need to configure the language and the procedure protocol, European Resuscitation Council (ERC) or American heart Association (AHA)
The professional must type in the child's Age and Weight, and all functions in the application will be automatically adjusted and calculated
It is composed by several different functions such as:
1- Interventions and Material:
a) Advanced life support: Information on clearing airways, defibrillation, chest compressions, intraosseous access
c) Mechanical ventilation: basic settings for ventilatory parameters are indicated, adequate to the child's characteristics
d) Vital Sings: systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, heart rate and normal breathing frequency for the child's characteristics
2- Functions drugs in the App are:
- Advanced Life Support drugs (A)
- Parenteral drugs (B)
- Enteral and Inhaled drugs (C)
- Intravenous Infusions (D)
Drugs in the App include:
Acetylcysteine (C), (D)
Active Carbon (C)
Albuterol/Salbutamol (B), (C)
Calcium Chloride (A)
Dexchlorpheniramine (B), (C)
Diazepam (B), (C)
Epinephrine (A), (B), (C), (D)
Fentanyl (B), (D)
Flumazenil (B), (D)
Ipecac Syrup (C)
Ipratropium Bromide (C)
Ketamine (B), (D)
Magnesium Sulfate (A), (B)
Metamizole (B), (C)
Midazolam (B), (C), (D)
Octreotide (B), (D)
Paracetamol (B), (C)
Propofol (B), (D)
Sodium Bicarbonate (A)
Thiopental (B), (D)
Valproic Acid (B), (D)
Vecuronium (B), (D)
3- Algorithms and Tables:
Airway Obstruction, foreign body, algorithm
Asthma Pulmonary Score (PS)
Asthma Status, Management algorith
Basic Life Support, algorith
Burn, body surface area
Convulsions, Management algorithm
Epileptic status, Management algorithm
Induction anesthesia, rapid sequence
Narrow Complex Tachycardia, algorithm
Paim treatment, Table drugs
Wide Complex Tachycardia, algorithm
4- Rate Chest Compressions: sound with 110 beats per minute, which helps to keep a constant pace for thoracic compressions
5- Timer: it allows a timer to be set up which counts the time devoted to advanced vital support
6- Shockable Rhythms Guide and Non-Shockable Rhythms Guide. Audio guides which indicates the algorithm sequence. The sequence is reproduced in a rhythm is based on the indications given by the ERC and AHA
This can be changed from the Defibrillation Rhythm Guide to the Non-Defibrillation Rhythm Guide, depending on the child's situation and the continues application at the corresponding point of the algorithm. This change of Guide can also be done during the following 20 seconds after Cardiac Rhythm Evaluation. After that time, the Guide cannot be changed until algorithm sequence Cardiac Rhythm Evaluation is not reached again
This application is based on the medical practice guidelines recommended by medical literature; in Paediatric Life Support guidelines of 2010 of the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA)
It is recommended to consult the drug's technical sheet in order to be aware of the indications and usage, contraindications and recommended dosage
Se usan las dosis estándar en función del peso. Moviendo la barra horizontal elige el peso del niño. También puede introducirlo manualmente si necesita más precisión.
También tiene un apartado de "Favoritos" donde puede guardar los medicamentos que use con más frecuencia. Cada categoría tiene un color para poder diferenciar los del mismo grupo.
Deslizando la pantalla cambia de categoría, también puede acceder desde el menú.
Es una herramienta cuyo fin es facilitar el cálculo de las dosis en el uso diario. En ningun momento sustituye al criterio médico. En la aplicación hay fármacos de uso exclusivo hospitalario, otros que necesitan receta y otros de uso libre. Según el criterio médico, la edad o la patología las dosis pueden variar. Un mismo medicamento pautado para la fiebre puede variar su dosis si se requiere una función más analgésica o antiinflamatoria por eso siga siempre las recomendaciones del pediatra.
Dosicalc Premium calcula las dosis de:
Antitérmicos(fiebre): Apiretal 100, Dalsy 20, dalsy 40, metalgial, nolotil supositorios, febrectal 150 y febrectal 300, junifen 20, junifen 40, gelocatil granulado.
Antibióticos orales: Amoxicilina, augmentine, penilevel, zitromax, septrin, necopen, denvar, zinnat.
Antiasmáticos: salbutamol (ventolin), atrovent, pulmicort, adrenalina.
Corticoides: dezacor, fortecortin, dacortin, urbason, estilsona gotas.
Digestivo: yatrox, primperan, omeprazol, ranitidina, duphalac
Antihistamínicos: polaramine, atarax, aerius.
Dosicalc Premium está en constante actualización y libre de publicidad. Proximamente añadiremos más medicamentos y mejoras.
Si desea añadir algún medicamento en particular solo tiene que mandarnos un email.
También se pueden consultar los prospectos desde la propia aplicación.
Featuring an instant-access, find-it-now presentation, Texas Children’s Hospital Handbook of Pediatrics and Neonatology delivers concise, evidence-based information that is directly applicable to bedside care of the patient in both pediatrics and neonatology.
Authored and reviewed by more than 125 residents, fellows, and faculty at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, Texas, this compact guide features content especially selected for its value to students, trainees, and junior faculty. Distinguished faculty in virtually every pediatric discipline have reviewed the content to ensure that the text reflects the most current clinical practice.
* A true quick reference utilizing numerous tables, figures, and clinical algorithms
* Includes material not found in any other handbook, such as Clinical Pearls for the Wards, Neonatal and Pediatric Nutrition, and Delivery Room Care of the VLBW Infant
* Key medications/dosages and research and review articles are cited directly in the text
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
With this application, you can:
1. Obtain customized, evidence-based recommendations to prevent neonatal GBS disease based on a maternal and neonatal clinical information.
2. Obtain optimal antibiotic recommendations for GBS prevention.
For more information, please visit:
Medical Calculators, Drug Index, Drug Interaction calculator, Ask a Doctor, Diagnostic Aid, Vaccine Reminder, MCQ quiz, Image Gallery, Teaching Files, Video Podcasts, Newsletter Updates, etc.
This App is connected to www.PediatricOncall.com which is a medical website with over 40 tools for medical personnel and also medical information on pediatrics, symptoms, medicine and child health. Register yourself to Pediatric Oncall and access all these features.
Medical Calculators - more than 45 calculators which include the categories, growth, conversion, Renal conversions, Pregnancy, Critical Care, Drug Dosage, Diarrhea Solution, Blood Reference, etc.
Drug Index - latest updated drugs from A-Z with their Mechanism, Indication, Dosage, Adverse Effects, etc.
Ask a Doctor - Pediatric Oncall’s expert panel of doctors answer to your medical queries.
Diagnostic Aid - Get a differential diagnosis after entering the clinical features.
Image Gallery and Teaching Files are part of Pediatric Oncall Journal which are updated with each issue with new questions.
Video Podcast - Pediatric Oncall’s video section with lectures and conference videos.
Vaccine Reminder - Tool to keep track of your child’s vaccination history with reminders.
MCQ Quiz - Practice MCQ’s and test your knowledge on different topics.
For any queries, suggestions and feedback you can mail to us at email@example.com
*Data services are required to access most sections of the application.
*Supports API levels 10 & above (Android 2.3 and above)
TAGS: Pediatrics, child health care, drug index, vaccine reminder, children health, medical calculators, pediatric on call, Paediatrics, newsletters, pediatriconcall, pediatricon call, www.pediatriconcall.com
Sales Vision Android CRM is the global first offline Android CRM that fully supports the crucial needs from the life-science and FCMG industry. The designing process of Sales Vision was structured around the philosophy to create a comprehensive tool for the field but so intuitive to use that the field workers even don't need manuals.
Today Sales Vision Android CRM is used by the leading pharmaceuticals including Merck Serono, AstraZeneca, EGIS, Shreya Life-Sciences, Aurobindo, Galderma and many more.
- Online and offline access to all modules and data of Sales Vision CRM
- Detailed database of persons, institutions and other HCPs
- Smart calendar for easy planning and reporting
- GPS tracking of field force
- Smart auto planner for route optimization
- Customizable dashboards for field workers
- Auto assigning and gathering of reports, from management level to the field
- Microtargeting; the most advanced tool for objective classifation
- Order management with signature and barcode option
- Sample management for tracking gifts and promotional materials
- Aggregated view of IMS and wholesalers sales data
- BookVision CLM; the best e-Detailing solution for showing content to doctors
- Event management
- Relationship tree for Key Opinion Leaders and many more
If you want to revolutionize the field operations in a smart, intuitive and comprehensive way han Sales Vision Android CRM is the best solution for you!
This is an free application for all medical personal followed by the Pediatriconcall page relating to http://www.pediatriconcall.com/fordoctor/pedcalc/calcmain.aspx
Calculators included are categorized as follows:
» Head Circumference
» Predict Height
» Mid Parental Height
» Body Surface Area (BSA)
» Body Mass Index (BMI)
» Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
» Conversion of Temperature Celsius to Fahrenheit
» Conversion of Weight From Pound to Kg
» Conversion of cm to inches
» Serum Osmolality
» Bicarbonate & Base Excess
» Fractional Excretion Of Sodium
» Creatinine Clearance
» Creatinine Clearance (Schwartz Formula)
» Normal Values Of GFR
» Anion Gap Calculator
» APGAR Score
» Ovulation Date Calculator
» Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
» Conception Date Calculator
Blood Pressure Calculator
» Blood Pressure Calculator
Blood Group Detection
» Find Your Blood Group
» Alveolar arterial Gradient (A-a gradient)
» ET Size
» Normal Respiratory Rate
» Predicted Mean Peak Respiratory Flow Rates
» Corrected QTc Calculator
» Sodium Deficit in Hyponatremia Calculator
» Burns Fluid Requirement Calculator
Drug Dose Calculators
» Emergency Drug Formula
Diarrhea Solution Calculators
» Diarrhea Solution
» IV Rates Calculator
Blood Reference Values
» WBC Count
» Coagulation Profile
» Blood Indices
» Immunoglobulin IgG Subclass Levels
» Immunoglobulin Reference Values
» Serum Complement Reference Values
» Lymphocyte Reference Values
» Corrected CSF WBC Count for RBC`s Calculator
» Corrected Reticulocyte Count Calculator
Endocrine and Antibody Tests
» Thyroid Function Test
» Antibodies & Their Associated Diseases
» Drugs Interaction Calculator
*Supports API levels 8 & above (Android 2.2 and above)
TAGS: Pediatrics, child health care, drug index, vaccine reminder, children health, medical calculators, pediatriconcall.
CHANGE ****THE UNITS**** and USE ****INCHES**** NOT FEET !
- Dora, 5'2 = 62 inches, and 62 inches with 120lbs = 21.94 BMI !!!
- Charles and Erik, you are not obese, just stupid.
- Yes Charles, if you put 6 FEET in the INCHES text field and 175 lbs, yes the calculation can't be right. 6 foot = 72 inches with 175lbs = 23.73 BMI !!!
My application can not guess that you have not learned to read
- Tom, 25.38, OMG, yes, more than 25 your are overweight, BUT if you exceeded by only 0.38, or 1, seriously! think! A lipo between your ears to get to 25? It's on the house!
- tyler, are you kidding ? BMI is ONLY calculated with Height and Weight (see wikipedia).
***Weight/lbs*** | ***Tall/inches*** IF you choose IMPERIAL UNITS (menu button) OR
***Weight/kg*** | ***Tall/cm*** IF you choose METRIC UNITS (menu button)
/!\ I want to thank those who took the time to understand this simple app. <3 all ;) (and your comments)
Spelling errors in my description? Certainly, but English is not my native language ;)
@Matthew, you're absolutely right, I try to find time to make this small change but it is not easy. Change the unit without going through the menu and allow to set "feet & inches" is the ultimate goal to eliminate all problems. I'm totally zen ;)
This app is a "Body Mass Index Calculator".
BMI cannot be accurate for "athletes" or "muscular persons" ! It's written bellow, in the description of this app ! >>> "The result is valid for "normal" children/adults/m/f (but not for the muscular persons or "athletes"). The BMI formula is UNIQUE, for everybody.
Why there is no GENDER and AGE ?! Again, it's written at the end of the description.
**** The only thing that differs between adults and children is the "reading table". I give you a "general reading table" for ADULTS ONLY (Health Organizations did this, not me) ! The reading tables may differ between country or population (but really not so much... even if they exists). There is a more precise reading table for children 5/19 years made by WHO (World Health Organization : www.who.int). The general reading table is just an INDICATION. If you want some "real" information about your condition, ask your doctor ***
My current BMI is 24.81, 1kg more and OMAGAD I'm in "overweight". And what ? I lift some weights, I run, I'm relatively muscled so there is nonsense to calculate my BMI. If you do sport, if you are in god shape, why do you want criticize a tool who isn't made for you ?
If you start doing some sport, you can use this application to calculate your "first" BMI. When you begin to lose fat and gain muscle, you (maybe) will arrive in the "normal" zone. From there, if you continue to lose fat without gaining too much muscle, you can still calculate your BMI, the reading table will remain accurate for you. By cons, if you keep gaining muscle (AND/OR losing fat), from a certain point, calculate your BMI has absolutely no sense.
* Units: metric(cm - kg)/imperial(lbs - inches) (Use the menu button for changing that)
* Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Croatian, Korean
* Long click on the result's zone to reset
FOR CHANGING UNITS, USE THE MENU BUTTON!
THE PROVIDED READING TABLE IS A "GENERAL" READING TABLE.
HOWEVER, IT APPLIES WITHOUT DISTINCTION TO (ADULTS) - MEN AND WOMEN -. YOU'RE NOT NECESSARILY IN OVERWEIGHT IF YOU EXCEED THE AVERAGE HIGH MORE THAN 0.1.
SO BEFORE YOU SAY "NOT ENOUGH FOR PRECISION" THINK ABOUT THAT.
HOWEVER IF YOU EXCEED 1 OR MORE OF THE "NORMAL" SLICE, THE READING TABLE WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ITS ACCURACY.
BMI IS A SIMPLE "NUMBER". IT IS USED WITH OTHER TOOLS FOR SHAPING A PROFILE OF HEALTH.
Again, THIS APPLICATION IS A SIMPLE CALCULATOR. ONLY A DOCTOR WITH YOUR HISTORY OF HEALTH, YOUR BMI, ETC. CAN YOU GIVE MORE INFO ABOUT YOUR HEALTH/OVERWEIGHT/ETC accurately.
Wikipedia info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index
This application is not a trial. Now you can access the same content you rely on in Micromedex® on your Android device for free. Drug Information contains the industry’s most comprehensive drug information and is backed by the same thorough, unbiased editorial process as Micromedex. Now from anywhere, clinical care teams can instantly get information to support confident treatment decisions.
Drug Information is a free resource for on-the-go access to the industry’s most trusted clinical reference information, providing users the peace-of mind of knowing the information is from Micromedex, coupled with the ease of use of Android devices. An internet connection is not required, allowing for access at anytime from anywhere.
Drug Information contains concise information on 4500+ search terms, covering:
• generic names, including selected combination products
• common trade names
• therapeutic class
• black box warnings
• dosage, adult
• dosage, pediatric
• dose adjustments
• indications (differentiated as “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled”)
• how supplied
• adverse effects (separated into “common” and “serious”)
• drug interactions
• pregnancy category
• breast feeding
• mechanism of action
This user friendly mobile application, developed by Children's National Medical Center physicians in the divisions of Emergency and Transport Medicine, provides a quick reference for the vitals, equipment, or dosage guidelines for a pediatric patient.
- Syringe pump: Calculates Dosage or other parameters
- Birth percentiles: German birth percentiles according to Voigt et al. (Geburtsh Frauenheilk 2006; 66) or Fenton TR, Kim JH. A systematic review and meta-analysis to revise the Fenton growth chart for preterm infants. BMC Pediatr. 2013; 13:59 biomedcentral.com/1471-2431/13/59
- Gestational age: No more counting days/weeks in calendars
- QTc:QTc, either by RR-Interval or heart rate
- Body surface area: According to Mosteller et al.
- Body percentiles: German percentiles of height, weight and BMI according to Kromeyer-Hauschild et al.: Monatsschr. Kinderheilk.149 (2001)
Head percentiles: Zürcher Longitudinalstudien (19555-2009). Erarbeitet von der Arbeitsgruppe Wachstumskurven des Kinderspitals Zürich (Braegger C, Jenni OG, Konrad D, Molinari L. Neue Wachstumskurven für die Schweiz (2011) Paediatrica 22; 1: 9-11)
Alternatively: Referenzperzentile für anthropometrische
Maßzahlen und Blutdruck aus der Studie
zur Gesundheit von Kindern und Jugendlichen
in Deutschland (KiGGS) 2003 – 2006, Robert-Koch-Institut 2011
- Blood pressure percentiles: 5./10./50./90./95. percentile according to the 4. report of the AHA Task Force. Integrated length percentiles after the CDC growth charts (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. CDC growth charts: United States. http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/. May 30, 2000). 24h percentiles according to: "Oscillometric twenty-four-hour ambulatory blood pressure values in healthy children and adolescents: A multicenter trial including 1141 subjects", Pediatrics 1997
- Z-Scores (SDS) for M-Mode in pediatric echocardiography according to Kampmann et al.: Normal values of M mode echocardiographic measurements of more than 2000 healthy infants and children in central Europe; Heart. 2000 Jun;83(6):667-72
- Percentiles for Kidney sonography: Deeg, Weitzel et al.: Die Ultraschalluntersuchung des Kindes, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg u. a., 1997 and Scholbach, Weizel: Body-Surface-Area Related Renal Volume: A Common Range from Birth to Adulthood; Scientifica, 2012
No warranty. Use it only as control to your own calculations
Additionally, PedDose gives an estimate of the Effective Dose delivered during the Nuclear Medicine procedure.
This app has more drugs than any other drip app on the market!
You simply click the 2 links of the drug you are seeking and you have your information!
Within “TWO” clicks, you are given the following:
Pharmacology notes (simplified)
How to mix the drips (if needed)
Drip doses and ranges
Pre-calculated dose tables
Sample drip equations
No spinning wheels or typing in a weight.
No entering drug concentrations and doses.