KioWare Samsung Support is a KioWare for Android module required for utilizing kiosk software features specific to Samsung devices. KioWare for Android (Lite, Basic, & Full with Kiosk Management) has added or improved a number of features which apply specifically to Samsung devices using KNOX Standard 5.1 and above. Download a free trial of KioWare for Android from the Google Playstore for use with this module. Learn more at http://www.kioware.com/android.aspx
Features specific to Samsung include the following:
• Option to hide the navigation bar, completely eliminating ability to access any standard device navigation (improved feature)
• Ability to disable the power off/airplane mode/restart option standard on any Samsung tablet
• Restricts/allows use of the USB drive and SD card access
• Disable physical power button (improved feature)
• Disable access to the home icon/menu (improved feature)
• Disable volume button & ability to physically change device volume
More advanced features now available in KioWare Full for Android and found in the Samsung configuration tab provide key components needed for mobile device management (MDM), including the ability to remotely reboot the device. Another significant feature for MDM, newly added and available exclusively for Samsung devices is the ability to update and install applications remotely (content updating).
New features for KioWare Full for Android using Samsung KNOX
• Remote reboot of device
• Update and install applications remotely
These features are available for Samsung users running KNOX Standard 5.1 and above. KNOX Standard is Samsung’s enterprise grade security that is anchored in the hardware of your Samsung device.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.