Join thousands of Christians by listening to - and making your own - this simple and increasingly popular pattern of prayer and Bible reading from the Church of England.
Time to Pray: Prayer During the Day and Night Prayer from the Church of England provides a pattern of prayer and daily Bible reading that is simple yet profound. It will help you to create and enjoy a regular time with God during your day – whatever your lifestyle.
Straightforward and flexible, Time to Pray draws you into a centuries-old tradition of prayer that continues to be shared across the world today.
Many people choose to take time in the day for a daily Quiet Time, for reading the Bible and for praying. Time to Pray helps you to do this with the Church of England's Prayer During the Day, a short, simple service of prayers, psalms and readings that can be done at any time of day. The app presents everything you need to carry out Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year.
Each day, this completely free, fully re-engineered version of the popular app first launched in 2016 offers you:
• A simple service of Prayer During the Day suitable for any time of day and beautiful and simple Night Prayer (Compline).
• A simple pattern of Bible readings, psalms and prayers that varies according to the season and day of the week.
• Full audio is now provided for each service. The app now includes audio versions of both services every day. Tap the play icon to start or pause the audio, and skip forward or backwards through the service using the scroll bar.
• Edit Mode. You can also use the 'pencil' icon to enter 'Edit Mode' and make choices about the psalms, prayers and readings in each service. The defaults mirror the content of the audio, but you are free to make other selections for psalms, readings and prayers based on the provisions of Common Worship: Daily Prayer.
• Adjustable settings and timings. Use Settings to adjust the time of day the app shifts from Day to Night. And you can set reminders for one or more of the services to help you establish and maintain a rhythm of prayer throughout your day.
• An all-new, beautiful, accessible design. As well as mirroring the acclaimed design of the 2020 Time to Pray booklet, the app offers adjustable text sizes and Night Mode to make it easy to read and follow whenever you choose to pray.
This completely re-engineered version of the Time to Pray app has been developed by the team behind 2018’s award-winning #LiveLent app and the Church of England’s Alexa Skill and Common Worship Daily Prayer for Thy Kingdom Come (Church of England, Church House Publishing and Aimer Media Ltd). It is based on Time to Pray and Common Worship Daily Prayer, both produced by Church House Publishing, official publisher of the Church of England.