Tangoride is a ridesharing and carpooling app, but it’s also intended to be a gateway to a community of likeminded people. Drivers are able to offer instant or scheduled lifts to fellow passengers who are heading in a similar direction. This way, both parties are able to reduce the cost of their journey in a safe, social and enjoyable way - all whilst reducing traffic congestion and contributing to the environment.
Using the app is easy, once you’ve downloaded it from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Simply set up an account by using your email and mobile number, then use your passport or driving licence along with a selfie to complete our ID verification. This is a precautionary measure to help keep our members safe, with all of your information being securely processed through our accredited partner. Once you’ve done that, we just ask for a few profile details and details of your vehicle plus a scan of your driving licence [driver’s only] as well as your trusted contact’s details [so we can inform them when you’re accepting or offering a lift]. Finally, we’ll ask for you payment or bank account details so that we can make or receive payments, all of which are processed securely by a trusted partner.
So, whether you’re a driver or a passenger, you’ll not only save money but also be helping to reduce congestion on our roads – all whilst contributing to the well-being of the environment.
The process for offering or requesting a lift is as follows…
1. Drivers who wish to travel to a particular destination are matched by the app with a Passenger who wants to make a similar trip or is heading the same way.
2. Drivers are able to select the radius of which they are willing to pick up and drop off Passengers. If no passengers are matched, the app will continue searching whilst the driver is on the move. If a passenger is found, the app will notify the driver, who then chooses to accept or decline the journey.
3. Once a match has been found, the App will notify drivers that they have been matched with a Passenger. Drivers then choose whether to offer or decline a seat.
4. If a passenger accepts an offer, they will secure a seat in the driver’s vehicle and the driver will proceed to the pickup location. On arrival, both the passenger and the driver will confirm each other’s identity based on information displayed by The App. Drive or Ride or Both? Save Money any way.
5. Tangoride is more than a ridesharing
6. Once both parties are satisfied, passengers will pay drivers in advance through the app. The Total fare is comprised of a TangoRide service fee and the reimbursement of expenses, which will be paid to the driver.
7. After paying the fare, both the driver’s and trusted contacts are notified that they are using the TangoRide and the Journey will commence.
8. On completion of the journey, both parties will have the option of providing a rating and feedback.