This free self-service mobile app is developed by "Life Hotline" and sponsored by "The Community Chest of Hong Kong". Ms. Pan Weiyi, founder and director of "Hong Kong Physical and Mental Trauma Healing Center" serves as a professional consultant, and the honorary consultant of "Life Hotline" Cui Wing Ho Psychiatry The doctor provides professional advice. I hope to use this self-service mobile app to pay attention to the physical and mental discomfort caused by trauma.
When we face unbearable stressful events or threats, such as experiencing disasters, violence, sexual assault, long-term neglect, abuse, sudden bereavement, etc., our body and mind cannot respond appropriately, and the stress is trapped in the nervous system, which will cause "trauma". ".
If the trauma reaction is not handled properly, it will affect our physical, psychological, social, and spiritual development, and greatly reduce the quality of life.
Studies have found that the deeper the trauma, the more hidden in the body. Guided by the body, the body's natural healing mechanism is activated to release the emotional trauma and stress accumulated in the body, which can restore the body and mind to a more balanced state.
The exercises in "Heart-Heart Garden" can be used at any time and space, and have a recording function, allowing users to review the results of the exercises at any time. This self-service mobile application cannot handle complex emotional trauma. If necessary, you can ask professionals for help.
"Heart-Heart Garden" exercises mainly focus on the following emotional states:
1) Long-term depression
2) Long-term mental stress
3) Physical discomfort response
4) Involuntarily recalling stressful events
• Warm-up exercises
• Activation energy
• Stretching exercises
• Mind care
• All exercises focus on self-care and regulating the state of mind and body, not for deep psychotherapy purposes;
• Users have autonomy and control, and can decide when to start and stop practice according to their needs;
• Part of the exercise involves body rotation, users can adjust the strength and amplitude of the rotation according to their own situation, without completely following the demonstration;
• Part of the exercise requires closing eyes to imagine. If users feel uncomfortable or fearful, they can open their eyes to practice, or stop practicing at any time.