Self-help tools to improve mental health and prevent suicidal thoughts.
My Tools is a suicide prevention and mental health self-help app designed to help people with suicidal thoughts and anyone dealing with mental health problems like depression or anxiety.
The app includes several self-management tools that provide daily, needs-based support.
Tools and features:
- The Getting Better My Way support tool for self-management
- Option to create a safety plan
- Mood tracker and journal for monitoring suicidal thoughts and taking stock of your day
- Breathing exercises
- Self-assessment questionnaire
- Online messaging with suicide.ca counsellors
- Option to create a list of inspirational quotes
- Daily challenge
- Example-based coping strategies for dealing with stress
- Identification of early warning signs of distress and suicidal thoughts
- Help list of personal and professional contacts
My Tools was developed by AQPS (Association québécoise de prévention du suicide) in collaboration with psychology researchers in suicide prevention.
It’s part of suicide.ca, Quebec’s digital suicide prevention platform, and was created with financial support from Quebec’s Department of Health and Social Services (ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec).
The self-assessment tool provides an indication of your mental health, but the results are not a diagnosis. To obtain a diagnosis, you must consult a healthcare professional (e.g., doctor, psychologist), with whom you can discuss the results of this test.