*** 14 day money back guarantee, hassle-free ***
+ SCREEN Capture: show your customers no line of sight issues, save it to the sd card or email it to back office.
+ Works with all geostationary satellites
+ Works everywhere around the world
+ No Internet access needed to operate it (occasionally it is required)
+ Add, edit and delete satellites
+ Select favorite satellites
+ Azimuth, elevation and skew results
As reviewed and mentioned by
***** Wall Street Journal
***** TELE-Satellite Award Winner
***** Engadget and many many more
As one pro puts it: "DishPointer pro is invaluable, gets the job done in half the time".
This app is for the mechanical engineers, naval architects, civil engineers, HVAC engineers, electrical engineers and for all engineers that use some common unit conversions and math.
It is selected among the Top Ten Productivity Applications for Engineers by the www.engineerjobs.com.
For now the program has the following modules:
** Under Mechanical Engineering:
- Unit Conversion in 74 unit types, more than 1000 units
- ISO Fits and Tolerances Calculation according to ISO 286-2
- Hardness Conversion between 22 hardness types according to ASTM E140
- Pipe Sizes
- Dimensional Tolerances according to DIN ISO 2768
- Surface Roughness Tables
- Steel Bolt Specifications
- Bolt Torque Calculator
- Bolt Sizing Calculator
- ISO Metric Thread Dimensions
- Vibration Limits according to ISO 10816 and ISO 7919 and Lloyds Register
- Pressure Vessel Calculation according to ASME Sec. 8
- Ideal Gas Law Calculator
- Reynolds Number in Ducts
- Physical Constants Table
- Pump Power Calculator
- Net Positive Suction Head Calculator
- Material Properties of More than 70 Materials
- Table of Elements
- Steel Cross Reference Table
- SAE/AISI Steel Designations
- Effects of Alloying Elements
- Steel Mechanical Properties
- Steel Search By Composition (For now about 100 most common used steels. To be extended)
- Friction Coefficient Between Materials
- Elastomer Compatibility Table
- Rubber Shrinkage Rates
- Structural Beam Section Properties
- Beam Load Calculator
- Torque-Power Conversion
- Angular and Tangential Velocity
- Bore Shaft Taper Calculator
- Shaft Size Calculator
- Torsion of Circular Shafts Calculator
- Press Fitting of Shafts
- Water Lubricated Bearing Clearance Calculator
- Journal Bearing Clearance Calculator
- Roller Bearing Selection Guide
- Buckling Calculator
- Hydraulic Cylinder Calculator
- Pipe Friction Loss Calculator
- Rigid Rotor Balance Tolerances
- Shaft Key and Keyway Dimensions
- Tap and Drill Charts for Metric, Imperial and Pipe (NPS, NPT) threads
- Flange Dimensions (DIN 2501 and ANSI B16.5)
- UNC - UNF - UNEF Thread Designations
- Surface Roughness Parameters
- Pressure Booster Pump Flow Rate Calculator
- Pressure Booster Pump Pressure Calculator
- Pressure Booster Expansion Tank Capacity Calculator
- Geometric Tolerance Symbols
- O-ring Groove Dimensions
- O-ring Stretch Calculator
- Elastomer Temp. Ranges
- Pipe Diameter - Flow Rate - Velocity Calculator
- Pressure - Area - Force Calculator
- Air Receiver Calculator
- Pulley Diameter-Speed Calculator
- Gear, No. of Teeth and Speed Calculator
** Under Naval Architecture:
- Propeller Shaft Diameter Calculator
- Propeller Material Properties
- Rudder Shaft Diameter Calculator
- Rudder Torque Calculator
- Rudder Area Calculator
- RAL Color Codes
- Ship free Floating Body Motion Definitions
** Under Electrical:
- Electrical Power Calculator
- Galvanic Series
- Wire Gauge Specifications
- Electrical IP and Insulation Classes
- Resistor Color Codes
- DC Voltage, Resistance, Current, Power Calculator
- Series or Parallel Resistor, Conductor, Inductor Calculator
** Under HVAC:
- Air Flow Rate Calculator
- Air Change per Hour Table
- Air Carrying Velocity Table
- Hood Design Calculator
- Engine Room Ventilation Calculator according to EN ISO 8861
- Air Psychrometrics (SI and Imperial) Calculator
- Heat Loss by Conduction Calculator
** Under Mathematics:
- Linear Curve Fitting
- 2 Equations - 2 Unknowns Solver
- Area Formulas
- Volume Formulas
- Greek Symbols
- Inch to mm and mm to Inch Conversion Table
- Number Base Calculator
- Algebraic Formulas - Derivatives - Integrals
- Trigonometric Formulas
Keywords: mechanical, engineering, toolbox, naval, architect, architecture, hvac, electrical, math, mathematics, engineer, calculation, calculator, civil, unit, conversion, converter, ISO, ANSI, DIN, ASME, SAE, standards
Satellite Dish Pointer comes with a user customizable list of over 230 geosynchronous satellites and has a very simple and intuitive display to guide you to where the satellite is in the sky.
Activate your phone’s location capabilities (or enter your location in the settings menu), then select a satellite from our extensive list. The solution for the satellite will be displayed and an arrow will point to the location if it is off screen. The satellite is aligned when the satellite icon is centered in the reticle.
•User selectable colors
•User editable satellite almanac
•Satellite almanac sorted and filtered by visibility
•Landscape mode and tablet support
•User enabled sounds for use in poor visibility conditions
This is the free edition of this calculator and it is supported by ads. I have done my best to place the ads in a manner that does not interfere with the app itself. If you have any problems with ads overlapping app content, or find any other bugs please email me at the address below.
I have plans for a paid version that will include many more features, an improved interface and I will remove the ads.
Thank you and enjoy!
SatFinder Android takes what was once a rather complex technical job requiring a knowledge of ZIP codes, city and state names, or geograhic positions, plus a hand bearing compass and an inclinometer, and collapses it into an easy-to-use Android application that locates itself, finds your satellite, and then tells you where it is by pointing to it.
The SatFinder Android Home Page is located at http://arachnoid.com/android/SatFinderAndroid
SSHelper works just fine with a normal, unrooted Android device — i.e. your device. It also offers special features on rooted devices.
SSHelper works as an application and as a service. As a service it runs in the background, providing secure communications protocols without requiring user attention.
SSHelper supports interactive Secure Shell (hereafter SSH) sessions and various kinds of transfers including scp, sftp, and rsync, on all common platforms:
On Windows, SSHelper works with WinSCP, PuTTY and similar programs.
On Linux, apart from normal SSH shell session activities, SSHelper can be used directly with file browsers for seamless filesystem browsing and transfers by specifying the "sftp:" protocol.
On the Mac, SSHelper works with Cyberduck and similar programs.
SSHelper announces itself on your network by way of Zeroconf/Bonjour, an efficient way to configure a local network.
SSHelper includes a log monitor Web server showing an activity log on local network browsers.
SSHelper also includes a clipboard Web server that permits read/write access to the Android clipboard from local network browsers.
SSHelper is free, open-source and there are no ads. It's licensed under the GPL and the source is freely available.
The SSHelper Home Page is located at http://arachnoid.com/android/SSHelper -- visit for more information and configuration tips.
For boaters who haven't been in dangerous situations, or who don't anchor very much, I should say that an anchor watch is a very good idea, and an Android device is an ideal platform for this task because it requires very little power, it operates independently of the boat's primary navigation and power systems, and it provides a secondary source of accurate position information in an emergency.
CarpeTempus will accept any number of alarms (particular time of day, and day of week, month, year, etc.) or timers (durations in seconds. minutes. hours, etc.).
When it's time for CarpeTempus to alert you, it will speak the message you choose, or play an alarm ringtone, or play a piece of music you choose.
The CarpeTempus alarm scheduler is very sophisticated — you can choose a time of day, one or more days of the week, one or more days of the month, or a particular day of the year — or any combination of these.
CarpeTempus timers are much like alarms, except they're meant for time durations, not times of day. You can set time durations from one second to 100 hours. When the time arrives, all the features of the alarm scheduler are available — spoken messages, ringtones or user-selected music.
Once you have programmed some alarms and timers, you can put your Android device in standby mode. Then, when it's time for an alarm, the CarpeTempus service daemon will wake up, turn on the display, and alert you.
It's not necessary to type reminder messages. To program a CarpeTempus message, you can speak the message instead of typing it.
CarpeTempus is free and open-source, and is licensed under the GPL.
One more thing — CarpeTempus has no ads, no tricks and no strings attached. CarpeTempus is exactly what it appears to be — a nice, free application.
The CarpeTempus Home Page is located at http://arachnoid.com/android/CarpeTempus