Avalon Router is a weather routing and navigation/cartography system for sailboats.
It runs on tablets and phones (min Android 4.0) but is optimized for tablets.
If Avalon is to be used on a smartphone, then the recommended minimum screen size is 6"
Main base features :
Routing up to 500 hours (384 extendable to 500 hours)
. Mixed sailing + engine routing
. Security limits based on acceptable wind speed (gust or established)
- NOAA GFS 0.25 degrees
- Compatible with external weather grib files (Great Circle, MeteoConsult, etc ..). Supported formats are grib1 and grib2.. Compatible with Saildocs.
Route monitoring on nautical maps with AIS and NMEA 0183 instruments display
- About 1,000 public maps are pré-loaded
- Support private raster charts ( KAP files, GeoTiff, mbTiles )
- SHOM maps can be bought at discounted price within Avalon
Option Premium - additional weather sources
- Winds and gusts: Meteo France Arôme, Arome HD & Arpège, NAM Conus, Caraibes, Porto Rico, Guam et Hawai, GFS 1 degré
- Currents: MyOcean Atlantique Nord Est + Channel, Mediterranean, Baltic and worldwide oceanic streams
- Waves: FNMOC Global and Europe/Mediterranean
- Additional weather data: atm pressure, storms, rain, cloud coverage, etc
Avalon Offshore is interfaced with Avalon VPP to calculate customized velocity predictions (aka polar curves) for any sloop, ketch or modern schooner.
On top, 450 standard polars are pre-loaded in the system.