The mission of the Belay app is to keep food-allergic children safe when they are not with their parents. The app connects parents and caregivers, creating a circle of care around these children so that they are always safe and protected.
Belay was founded by a mother of a child with food allergies and the team is made up of some of the best minds in healthcare, immunology, pediatric medicine, design, and technology who are all devoted to the empowerment and protection of children living with life-threatening food allergies.
• Enables parents to effortlessly organize all the critical information related to their child’s food-allergic needs;
• Seamlessly transfers the child’s essential information to any caregiver’s smartphone (e.g. coach, teacher, nanny, grandparent, etc.), without ever asking the caregiver to download an app;
• Makes it easy for the caregiver to comprehend this critical, yet sometimes, overwhelming information, so that the child is always safe, no matter who he/she is with, thereby easing parents’ anxiety and creating a circle of care around the child.
• Helps parents keep their food-allergic children safe when they are not with them;
• Addresses a pain-point and very anxious moment for parents – namely handing their child with medical needs, over to another caregiver;
• Empowers and educates the receiving caregiver who often feels anxious about the responsibility of caring for these children.