Need help, but not sure where to turn? The 211 app makes it easy for you to find local health and human service programs, community services, disaster services and governmental programs that can meet your needs.
This app is an extension of the free information and referral services offered by the Nebraska/SW Iowa 211 Helpline. People across our area face challenges every day and may not know how to find or access local programs that address them. That’s what 211 is all about: connecting our neighbors with nearby social service programs that can help. 211 also serves as the coordination center for Unite Nebraska and Help Me Grow, two programs aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of our communities.
If you are looking for assistance in finding a food pantry, paying a utility bill, accessing safe housing or shelter, receiving counseling services and more, download the app to find what you need.
If you cannot find a resource in this app, you can text your zip code to 898211 or call 2-1-1 to connect with a live helpline specialist 24/7. Your call is free and confidential.
App capabilities include:
- Easy to use and navigate
- Resources are displayed closest to your current location
- Share the resource using SMS or Email
- Save resource as a ‘favorite’ for easy viewing at a later time
- Visit the resource’s website
- Click to call the resource main phone number
- View the resource in maps or get directions from your current location
- Search for your needed resource