Whether you're a competitive lifter or just want to improve your strength and fitness, your one-rep max (1RM) is an essential tool. Calculate your max safely and easily, and then track it over time, on any lift with our easy-to-use calculator!
In the simplest terms, your 1RM is the amount of weight you can lift for one rep on any given lift. In general, it’s good to know your max for key lifts like the squat, bench press, and deadlift, but your 1RM is critical even if you never plan to train that heavy.
Many lifting programs are designed with a percent of your rep max in mind, and may call for something like using 65% of your 1RM for a given exercise. When you see that, you have to either test for your 1RM or estimate it. Testing your 1RM can be pretty intense, and it requires a high degree of caution to avoid injury.
Fortunately, you can estimate your 1RM without testing it! Exercise scientists have devised a formula that's fairly accurate for most people, which is what powers this calculator. Our calculator makes it easy to calculate and track your 1RM and multiple percentages of it for every lift in the book!
• Calculate your 1RM and percentages
• Choose from a variety of lifts (deadlift, bench press, squat, etc.), or add your own
• Track and chart your 1RM history for each type of lift
• Add notes each time you calculate your 1RM
• Improve your weight training with articles by Bodybuilding.com experts
• Choose imperial or metric system
• Incredibly easy to use!