Bookukoo is a new location-based book swap application. It lets you give the hard-copy books you don’t need and get ones you are looking for. For free!
As a user you can upload and manage your personal library, i.e. a list of books you are willing to give, as well as browse other people's libraries. Once you find a title you want, you request it by pressing the “Get it” button. Bookukoo then puts you in contact with the book-owner through email.
Location-based: For the first time, you have the ability to specify your location on the map and let others know where your personal library is located. Bookukoo gives you the ability to search available books in certain geographical areas, for example find booklovers that live in the same neighborhood as you do.
Easy to use: Managing your library is very easy. You don’t have to type anything. When adding a book to your library you just use your camera to scan the barcode on the back of a book. Immediately all relevant information, such as title, author, and cover page is automatically retrieved. That’s as simple and error-free as it can be.
Unlimited usage: Users can perform an unlimited number of book-swaps. In other words, users can endlessly “recycle” their libraries, at no cost.
Point system: A point system is used in order to ensure fairness and guarantee that you will receive as many books as you provided to the community. You give one book, you get one book. You give 10, you get 10. The point system gives you the flexibility to move away from a book-for-book swap scheme. You can now give away a number of books, collect an equal number of tokens and redeem them later, when you receive books from other members of the bookukoo community.
Happy book swapping,
The bookukoo team!
Disclaimer: bookukoo is designed to work only for hard-copy books, not e-books.
Take a Shelfie. Get free and discounted ebooks. Read on any device.
Take a Shelfie to find eligible books.
-Digitize your books by taking a Shelfie — a photo of your bookshelf.
-BitLit will tell you which books are eligible for ebook upgrades.
-We will give you a complete catalogue of your personal library.
How to get free and discounted ebooks.
-If you own the book in print, now you can get the ebook editions.
1. Take a photo of the front cover of your paper book.
2. Take a photo of the copyright page with your name handwritten on it.
3. Check your email for the ebook. Start reading!
Read on any device.
-We offer EPUB (iBooks, Kobo, iOS, Android), MOBI (Kindle), and PDF formats.
-BitLit is free to use. We offer both free and discounted ebooks.
-There’s over 80,000 eligible books on the app — and we’re adding more.
-Some ebooks are DRM-protected. Email email@example.com if you need support.
And since people often have trouble spelling BitLit, here are a few alternatives: "Bit-Lit" "Bit Lit”.
V1.0 Support for Paperbackswap.com
* Available credits – at the top of the main screen, indicated by the yellow shopping basket
* PBS money – also at the top of the main screen, indicated by the green dollar symbol
View your lists
o Mark as Mailed (NOT AVAILABLE IN FREE VERSION): mark books as mailed once they’ve been accepted/printed. This means your after your next trip to the post office, you can mark your books on your way back to the car. No more forgetting to mark books (ask me how I know!)
o Notification bar (NOT AVAILABLE IN FREE VERSION): any new requests or status changes on requests will show up in the Android notification bar
* Wish List
* To Be Read
* Click on the magnifying glass icon the upper right hand corner, or the quick search button on your Android-powered device to search from anywhere in the app. Search results are directly from paperbackswap.com, in real-time.
Scan a barcode
* Why fumble with typing in a book title you just saw at the store, when you can just flip the book over, click the menu button on your Android-powered device, select Scan Barcode, and scan the barcode?
* You will automatically be taken to the details screen for the book you scanned.
* View information about books such as:
o Wishes: Members wishing for this book
* Request books (NOT AVAILABLE IN FREE VERSION): Add books to your request list
* Add to Wish List
* Post books (NOT AVAILABLE IN FREE VERSION): Add books to your book shelf
* Buy on Amazon: Book isn’t available? Buy it on Amazon!