See http://www.gimranov.com/avram/w/zandy-user-guide for a complete guide to using Zandy. If you have Zandy 1.0 already, see the update note, http://wp.me/p1i2jM-2U
For more information on the Zotero project, the premier system for managing research and bibliographic data, see the project site at http://www.zotero.org/.
Zandy is a free software project, licensed under the Affero GPL v3. By buying the paid application on Google Play, you support the future development of this app and ensure its further improvement. All future releases of the software will be free updates bringing new capabilities and bugfixes.
To file bug reports or feature requests, please see the project repository at https://github.com/ajlyon/zandy/. The full source code is also available at that address.
If you find that Zandy doesn't fit your needs, satisfaction is guaranteed: just send me an email at email@example.com, and I'll refund the purchase price.
Please note that Zandy has no official connection to the Zotero project and its home institution at the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University.
Referey expects the Mendeley SQLite database and the associated files on the SD card. Referey does not use the Mendeley Open API.
Referey has the following functions:
- show reference list
- filter by collection or group
- filter by tags, authors, journal and publication date
- sort references
- show reference details including notes and annotations (only the annotation text is shown)
- open associated files from SD card or Dropbox
- send file via email
A detailed documentation with instructions on how to set up the database and PDF files for Referey is located on the following webpage: http://www.referey.web44.net
Dropbox support is experimental and requires that the original Dropbox application is installed. If the associated files are located in your Dropbox please specify the following "PDF folder path" in Preferences:
This free app provides valuable features including:
- Save and share articles
- Advanced search
- Document details - including abstracts
Coverage includes: acquisition of user and student models; conceptual models, mental models; levels of user expertise; intelligent information retrieval; adaptive hypertext and hypermedia; adaptation to the handicapped and elderly; user stereotypes; formal representation of user and student models; applications in office machines and consumer electronics; and privacy and security of information for personalization.
- Quick Search
- Advanced Search
- Bookmark (Can be shared between mobile & PC)
- Search History
(Direct search in Wikipedia for words in bibliographic data)
• Federated Databases
- CiNii (default is "off")
- J-STAGE (default is "off")
*To be added. It's growing rapidly!
• Transfer Data Format
The dictionary contains 142,000 headwords and phrases. It covers modern general language, words and phrases, as well as subject-specific vocabularies. Norstedts Comprehensive French Dictionary is for everyone who in their private or professional lives or in their studies needs a modern and extensive vocabulary.
The app works off-line, which means that you don’t need to be connected to the Internet once the app is downloaded. Convenient when you are mobile!
As a help to non-Swedish users you will find Swedish nouns, verbs and adjectives with their inflected forms in the Swedish-French section of the dictionary.
As a complement, there is also a very useful section on phrases for different situations, like expressing your thanks or dining out.
It’s easy to find your way around with the digital map included.
Would you like to test your French and enlarge your vocabulary? You can try the word quiz included here for Swedish to French and French to Swedish.
The dictionary has been developed by Norstedts, the well-known Swedish publishers with a long tradition of quality dictionary publishing.
- View your personal and group libraries
- Browse collections
- Search your entire database
- View references
- View call numbers (if stored in the database)
- Share references and URLs to other apps, email references
- Download attachments (using default browser and PDF reader)
Requires a free Zotero account. This app does not sync your data and thus requires an internet connection.
If you need an app that syncs entire Zotero libraries and allows you to add, edit, and delete items, check out Zed, currently available for beta testing: http://www.favand.net/zed
If you have any problems with Zed Lite, please let me know about them through the built-in feedback email feature or through the website (http://www.favand.net/zed).
- Sharing a reference to another app on the device results in the loss of formatting such as italics. Try using the email feature and see if the app you want to share to shows up in that list (even if it isn't an email app).
Why two apps, Zed and Zed Lite? Good question. Zed is meant as a full-featured Zotero client for your mobile device. There's a lot going on in it. Zed Lite, on the other hand, is lighter and more friendly. It gives the developer a chance to explore different ways of working with the Zotero library data. The intent is to keep Zed Lite, well, light, but if you have ideas about how it might be improved, just send an email!
Want a customized version of Zed Lite? If you have a library of resources in a Zotero database and would like to offer access to this library through a mobile app (or even a website), get in touch. Zed Lite can easily be customized and branded with your library ID and display features.
Zed Lite is not authorized or produced by the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, the primary developers of Zotero, or by the Corporation for Digital Scholarship, the owners of the Zotero trademark. Zed Lite is a client that accesses Zotero databases through the Zotero web API.
ReadCube Enhanced PDF features include:
• Tappable inline citations, reference lists and author names so you can quickly find cited articles and related information
• Supplements are automatically attached where available
• Full screen PDF viewing plus multi-touch zoom/navigation for an optimal reading experience
• Multi-color highlighting and note-taking tools
Easily find new papers:
• Search in PubMed or ReadCube databases directly within the app
• Quickly download new articles with a single tap when you’re on campus or with your institutional proxy
• Or import PDFs from another app on your mobile device, such as a web browser or email
ReadCube personalized Recommendations:
• Our most popular feature!
• Discover relevant new papers based on your library – you’ll never miss another important paper again
Get the gist quickly:
• View mobile-optimized abstract pages for all library and searched articles
• Jot down your thoughts with sync-able notes
• Create custom lists and sort articles into one or multiple lists
• Quickly search, filter and sort your entire library
• Swipe on references in your library for more options
Optional ReadCube Pro features:
• Sync everything – papers, notes, highlights – between the ReadCube Desktop app and your mobile devices
• Unlimited cloud storage space for your PDFs
Simplify your research life – get ReadCube for free on your mobile devices (Android and iOS) and computers (Mac and Windows).
NEW TO READCUBE? - You can create a free account directly in the app. In order to import and sync over your existing PDFs, just download the ReadCube Desktop app from www.readcube.com. You can upload your PDFs from your computer, or use one of our easy importer tools (for EndNote, Mendeley, Papers, Zotero libraries).
We love feedback from our users - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas, comments or issues. Thanks for using ReadCube!
You will need a Zotero account to use this app.
If you want to maintain a current copy of your citations in Zojo, you will need to enable sync in the settings page.
###### Version 2 ########
This version now includes support for downloading, annotating and uploading PDF attachments.
PDF attachments are stored on your SD card, make sure you have one in your phone/tablet.
This is an advance feature and I highly recommend that you create a BACKUP of your entire Zotero folder before you begin. I will NOT be responsible for any damage/loss of data.
The instructions are as follows .....
*** On your Desktop ***
1) Install Dropbox on your Desktop
2) Open a DOS prompt (with admin privilege) use the command "mklink /D full_path_to_zotero_storage_folder full_path_to_dropbox_folder/storage & pause"
This link from the zotero website provides additional details on how to find your zotero storage folder "https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data"
3) This will create a symbolic link to your storage folder and sync all your files in this folder.
There is a script written by Mikko Rönkkö for his app ZotPad that automates the whole process. It automates the symbolic link create. The link is http://zotpad.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/103395-what-is-a-symbolic-link-and-why-should-i-use-one-w
*** In the Zojo Android app ***
1) In the settings page click the "Link Dropbox (To view PDF attachments)
2) This will open a new page, click "Link with Dropbox"
3) Give Zojo permission to access Dropbox folder
Once all of this setup is complete, you will now see PDF attachments in the items.
There will be three buttons "Download", "Open" and "Upload"
"Download" --> Downloads the attachments to your SD card
"Open" --> Will open the folder in which the PDF file exists. You can use your favorite PDF viewer to open it.
*** Make sure you have an android app such as ES explorer to browse through your folders. ***
"Upload" --> Will upload the PDF file to Dropbox
I understand this can be a complex setup for some users. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
The convenience and rich functionality of the app enables users to:
•Choose which databases to search
•Limit results to full text or peer reviewed
•Sort by relevance or date
•Retrieve full text results in HTML and/or PDF formats
•Save results for offline access at a later date
•Email results to self or others
•Automatically save 25 most recent searches
•View cover flow display of results
To use the EBSCOhost app, access EBSCOhost as you typically would via your library website or corporate intranet. Click the link at the bottom of any EBSCOhost page to email yourself the key to the app.
- Quickly review local Best Pick service information and reviews
- Contact companies immediately
- Save Best Picks to your Favorites list
- Share your experiences via Facebook and Twitter
- Email contractor recommendations to friends and family
- Access key consumer tips and FAQs
- Contact our Customer Service department with questions or assistance requests
Best Pick Reports qualifies home service companies annually through rigorous and unbiased third-party research, and we never accept unsolicited or anonymous reviews.
We constantly conduct surveys with homeowners to identify the best service providers out there. To qualify for the Best Pick certification, companies must:
- Achieve an A grade based on reviews from homeowners in a specific metro area
- Hold proper licenses and insurance
- Requalify each year
We also provide personal customer service support – so feel free to contact us with any additional questions or if you need assistance: AppHelpDesk@BestPickReports.com