Ommetje helps users to make walking a fun, daily habit. A daily walk of at least 20 minutes already has an effect on your brain fitness. Walk alone or with friends, family and colleagues. Earn XP, medals, badges and save the brain facts of professor neuropsychologist Erik Scherder.
Ommetje was developed by the Brain Foundation in close collaboration with Erik Scherder. Be inspired by him and start with (a) Detour today!
You can find and do all this with the app:
START AND STOP DROP
Start and stop your Detour with one click. Your detours will be saved. Handy, because that way you always know where, when and how far you have walked.
Please note: a detour is only registered if you walk for more than 10 minutes. With at least 20 minutes of walking, your brain also benefits and you earn points.
At Detour Levels you can level up every 2 weeks - if you earn enough XP points. There are a total of 8 levels. Every 2 weeks you walk in a level together with 99 random users. Every 2 weeks the top 30% is promoted to a new level. The last 10% of users drop a level. The rest stays in the same level. Over time, the app 'learns' what level you are at and you enter a level with people of your level.
This creates a healthy competition that has a super motivating effect. Then you will enjoy walking that extra round!
WALKING IN YOUR OWN TEAM
Would you rather compete with friends or would you rather walk quietly with family, neighbors or colleagues? That is also possible! Start your own team or join an existing team and help, support and motivate each other.
In Ommetje you can earn the following medals:
• Hiker Medal - Walk for a minimum of twenty minutes daily and earn points for this medal.
• Series Medal - Run a series of consecutive days and earn points for this medal
• Heart medal - Share the app with your friends and family via WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn after every walk and earn points for this medal.
• Early Bird Medal - Start the day right and take a 9am detour to earn points for this medal.
• Lunch medal - Take a detour every working day between 11:30 am and 2:00 pm and earn points for this medal.
• Stay Active Medal - Have Ommetje track your location and walk at least 750 meters to earn points for this medal.
• Facts medal - After each detour you will receive a Brain Fact from Erik Scherder. Save as many as you can for this medal.
In the app and on the website of the Brain Foundation we explain in detail how you can earn these medals.
• View the statistics of your:
number of detours walked;
total time run;
series of consecutive days;
• View your Walks - with a daily overview of your Walks, XP gained and medals.
• Account Settings - Change your username, delete your account, start a new team or switch teams.
• Logout - We don't know why you would want this, but you can log yourself out here.
• Feedback - Give your opinion and help us improve the app! Click on the question mark at the bottom right of the screen.
SUPPORT AND CONTACT
For more information, please visit our support pages https://www.hersenstichting.nl/ommetje/support/ or contact us at https://www.hersenstichting.nl/contact/