Can't use it yet I finally got the app to download, then it immediately said it needed to download another 133mb of data over WiFi. I've been trying for about 7 hrs to download it and it was only to 63% at 11:35 pm. I left then to shoot the Perseids. This ridiculously slow download has rendered this app useless for the purpose for which it was downloaded. I'll amend my rating of I ever get the app to fully load and work on my Android.
Best free planetarium app And it control (points) your telescope too. You can always think of more stuff for an app. But this has a lot more than most free programs.
Cant download files It says I need to connect to wifi to download additional files. When I hit download now it says downloading files and stays at 0% I can't even use it to control my telescope. Finally downloaded after 3 days and 20 attempts.
Wonderful app If you don't have a telescope this app will certainly get you crazy to buy one !
Good Good app and works well with the WiFi adapter on the 6se. Only problem is with my s6 edge the compass only works if I tilt the phone to landscape clockwise. If I tilt it anti clockwise its backwards ie. Pointing north shows south view but with my note 4 it works perfect no matter which way I rotate the phone to landscape.
Great but.... The gyro (compass) doesn't work ...... when I point north the sky portal says it's south and will stay south when I turn around 90° and when I turn south it says north ..... otherwise this is an awesome app
- bug fix: Links in object descriptions will not crash the app.
- Support for Alt Az telescopes using an equatorial wedge.
- Improvements to night vision mode.
- Improvements to the UI for using saved settings.
- Added support for push notifications.
- Fixed problem where some planet surfaces and horizons would not draw correctly during an update of the orbital elements.
- Stability improvements.
- bug fix: unable to configure SkyQLink module for AP mode.