Connect wherever you are to The Charlotte Observer for news from around the Carolinas.
Get the latest local and breaking news from the seven-county region of Mecklenburg, Union, Cabarrus, York, Iredell, Gaston and Catawba. The Charlotte Observer reports on the local topics you care about, including banking, politics, education, weather, traffic, crime, sports, arts and entertainment, food, faith, health, and national news. Charlotteobserver.com brings you real-time updates on news from Charlotte, Concord, Fort Mill, Monroe, Lake Norman, Gastonia, Mooresville, Hickory and Rock Hill, and from communities such as Ballantyne, University City, Mint Hill, Steele Creek and more.
Are you a Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets or NASCAR fan? Are you a 49er, Tar Heel or Blue Devil? Do you get excited for the Friday night lights of high school football? Our app will keep you connected to your favorite teams and favorite sports writers.
The Charlotte Observer covers North Carolina and South Carolina like no other media in our area. Wherever you go, stay connected to news that’s important to you.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• Local and national video from dozens of news sources, including Observer staff.
• Stunning photo galleries of news coverage and events.
• Charlotte Observer opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Local and national obituaries.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• Ability to read comments and join the conversation.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Charlotte Observer app comes with complimentary web access to the Charlotte Observer site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first month for $1.99. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The Charlotte Observer app, eEdition and The Charlotte Observer website.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your Google Play account settings.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/