Chess Free supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Free offers a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Board rotation for two player games
* Undo function
* Automatic save when you get a phone call or exit the application
Chess Free is supported by unobtrusive banner advertising.
*Advanced 3D graphics;
*AI opponent with adjustable level from junior to grandmaster;
*Online chess server. No registration needed. Play with your friends all over the world!
*Different themes of chess set;
Chess Free provides a challenging experience of good chess game,
-- 15 play levels (Novice->Master)
You will be surprised if you will beat our algorithms on "Master" mode
-- Shows "AI Thinking"
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
-- "Two Players" mode
You can play against your friends on one tablet or through internet on your own tablet or phone.
You can see list of your competitors
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
Play against your friends!
*Note: Supported by unobtrusive Ads. Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to SD card.*
Download Chess for Android now!
- Play as white or black, against the computer or a friend.
- 10 difficulty levels, from novice to grandmaster.
- Include more than 38000 chess puzzles, divided into 13 collections.
- Support online gameplay.
- Support LAN game via bluetooth/Wi-Fi.
- Computer hint and unlimited undo for beginners.
- Changeable chessboards and piece sets, 2D/3D piece styles.
- Load and save games to PGN files.
- Autosaving your current game.
- Setup position, intelligent validity check.
- Randomly go to any point in the current game.
- Provide thousands of classic chess games to download, such as grandmaster games, world championship games.
- Switch to play mode when in view mode, analyze the game, and then restore the view status.
- More functions: handicap, view move list, automatic move playback, etc.
- It is free!
- Various chess horses and chess boards
- Various difficulty level supported by outstanding AI Engine
- Tournament mode play against 30 NPC
- Practice mode with five different difficulty levels.
- Multi player mode (up to 2 people)
- Saving basic and support replay mode.
- This game is perfectly supported tablet device.
Same as our "Chess Free", but no Ads.
"Chess" is currently the highest ranked paid chess on Android (at time of writing), from the paid chess programs listed.
-- 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
-- Casual and Pro modes (NEW!)
Two different play modes allow you to choose how much help the game gives you, and stats are kept separate for both.
-- Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft's MSN Chess). This has a unique ""human-like"" style.
-- Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
-- ""Show CPU Thinking"" option for level 3+
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
-- Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
-- Achievements, Leaderboards and Cloud save for stats! (NEW!)
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
-- Provides ELO Rating based on your results against CPU in Pro Mode (NEW!)
-- 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
-- 8 Chess Boards and 7 Chess Piece Sets
-- Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
-- Load/Save game files & PGN Export
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
Landscape mode available for tablets. (NEW!)
Download the best Chess for Android now!
Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular strategy games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends Free and start playing the most social chess game today!
★ Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
★ Practice Mode - Choose your skill level, train your brain, and learn new tactics by challenging Chesster the Chess coach. Play him online or offline to sharpen your skills
★ View your win, loss, and draw stats to track your game play
★ Relive the glory by replaying moves on the board in existing and past games
★ Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
★ Play multiple chess games at once across Android and iOS
★ Play chess at home or on the go on your phone or tablet
★ Speak spanish? Juega ajedrez en español también!
★“Great app for playing with friends or anybody else that loves the game”
★“I love this game!!! It’s as simple as that. A must have for the chess player in all of us”
★“Great game that challenges your mind, and helps you learn new skills while playing with friends”
★“My favourite app. The first app I check each morning. The only game I play every day. I’ve got a dozen opponents across the globe. My favourite app by far.
Already a fan of the game?
★ Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
★ Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
● Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
● The game is free to play, however in-app purchases are available for additional content and premium currency. In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99.
● This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
● Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
● You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
● Must be 13+ to play.
● Use of this application requires a Facebook or Zynga With Friends account
In order to improve your experience with "Chess Tactics", please write us your feedback, especially in case you give a bad rating (the feedback can be sent as well by email or on the app facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chesstacticsapp).
Please check as well the "Chess Tactics for black" app!
"In chess, as in life, a man is his own most dangerous opponent." - Vassily Smyslov
"Chess is 99% tactics." - Rudolph Teichmann
"Good players develop a tactical instinct, a sense of what is possible or likely and what is not worth calculating." - Samuel Reshevsky
"No matter how much theory progresses, how radically styles change, chess play is inconceivable without tactics." - Samuel Reshevsky
"Tactics involve calculations that can tax the human brain, but when you boil them down, they are actually the simplest part of chess and are almost trivial compared to strategy." - Garry Kasparov
"Tactics flow from a superior position." - Bobby Fischer
"In general I consider that in chess everything rests on tactics. If one thinks of strategy as a block of marble, then tactics are the chisel with which a master operates, in creating works of chess art." - Tigran Petrosian
"...one other thing is the GM's superiority in tactics. For example Christiansen can find tactics in any position. If you're a GM you should be able to overpower the IM tactically. The GM will often blow out the IM in this area. " - Nick de Firman
"If the student forces himself to examine all the moves that smite, however absurd they look at first glance, he is on the way to becoming a master of tactics." - Cecil Purdy
Pure Chess puts other games in checkmate! Are you a Grandmaster in the making?
"The prettiest Android game you'll ever play" - AndroidSPIN
"Pure Chess truly brings chess back into the 21st century with style" - Android Dissected
Experience one of the oldest known boardgames on the advanced technology of today. With ultra-realistic and unparalleled beautiful visuals you can almost reach out and touch the pieces. Created under the watchful eye of a fully-fledged Grandmaster; Pure Chess allows players to experience the traditional game like never before, showcasing gorgeous environments and unbelievably stunning chess sets.
Learn the basics through step-by-step tutorials or challenge yourself to tournaments, with full control of skill level depending on how challenged you wish to be. An art, a science, a social engagement, a means for a challenge – whether you’re a beginner, an avid player or an ultimate Grandmaster, it’s time to experience one of the oldest board games known to man, brought to life on the modern technology of today! You can now play Pure Chess cross-platform with your friends!
Play Pure Chess on Tegra K1 and enjoy true console-class graphics never seen before on any mobile device. The power of Tegra K1 allows Pure Chess to really shine with high resolution, realistic reflections and refractions, highly detailed chess sets and surroundings and to top it all off, post processing effects like bloom and depth of field. All this combined makes Pure Chess look stunning on Tegra K1 and provides you with the ultimate chess game experience.
Pure Chess is a game that can be played by everyone, at any age, but mastered by only a few. The question is... Are you a Grandmaster in the making? Your move!
Former iTunes #1!
Mastersoft's Chess game is 100% Free and has one of the World's best Desktop PC chess engines crammed inside!
* 100% Free but with one IAP if you wish to remove the adverts.
* 4th in World Micro-computer Chess Championships.
* 100 Graded Levels from Novice to Grandmaster.
* Coach Training Mode guaranteed to improve your game.
* Rating Mode that evaluates your ELO rating and progression.
* 2 Player Mode.
This engine finished 4th in the World Microcomputer Chess Championships and is not available in any other Android chess game. Designed by chess champions to play like a human opponent, Mastersoft Chess will take you from Novice to Grandmaster level! Features stunning high resolution sets by renowned Chess designers.
Easy to play but difficult to beat, this is pick up and play chess at its best!
As previously supplied by the World's biggest OEMs, and now available for FREE thanks to the power of the Google Play Store!
"It truly is close to flawless and is by far the best mobile Chess game I have played on any platform."
- PDA 247.
HP Choice Strategy Game of the Year
Smartphone Magazine runner up.
Various levels, board styles and breathtaking Retina Display chess sets combine with an outstanding World beating chess engine to offer you a great playing experience and an ever increasing challenge.
Whether you're just starting out or else a seasoned pro, Mastersoft Chess has something for you!
Coach mode showing best moves and biggest threats
Built in coach to monitor your progress
Training levels that dumb down your Android device.
Take back a move if you change your mind!
Your phone checks that your moves are allowed.
Simple intuitive uncluttered interface that lets you concentrate on your game.
NB If you are new to Chess then please ensure that the coach is turned on in options and that the lowest difficulty level is selected.
A unique engine unlike any other - plays interesting and sometimes quite aggressive chess.
Designed to play like a human opponent - right up to Grandmaster level!
Opening Book of over 23000 moves!
100% Full Chess rules including enpassant, castling etc.
Thought analysis (main line, depth and score).
Setup position (including castling rights, enpassant and side to move)
Move forward / backward to any point in the current game.
Includes Standard Chess Book Sets in addition to the realistic ones.
In depth statistics.
ELO rating system.
100 levels of increasing difficulty.
Huge collection of stunning high resolution chess sets in both 2D and 3D. Makes the most of your phone display!
Boards constructed from the real thing - Oak, Ash, Marble, Slate and more!
Save and load games.
Realistic sound effects.
Adjustable piece movement animation.
Auto saving of your current game.
Great for novices but will grow with you and still offer a challenge at Championship level.
*Uses CuckooChess engine AI
*10 difficulty levels
*Drag and drop
*Chess game automatically saved
*Play chess offline, without internet connection
*Supports deep linking with FEN notation
Improve your chess by playing against a strong computer chess engine. Choose the desired difficulty and start playing. You can also play with a friend.
Games can be played with a different time control limits: moves, times, increments. You can also set the strength of the chess engine.
Other features include:
* play against another player (on the same device);
* choose the desired level of difficulty
* enable/disable "permanent brain". With this feature activated the computer will think up moves even when it's not its turn to move. Enable this feature for maximum playing strength.
* save and load games to pgn files. Share them with your chess partners via email.
* get hints from the computer when you don't know what to move
* flip the board
* edit the board to start a game with custom piece locations (check the attached screenshots)
* take back the last move or all moves, redo it, replay the whole game. You can even force the computer to move when you want with the Move now button. This will stop the thinking process and force the computer to move the current best move.
Yes, You’ve found it! Try this chess game for android one of most popular chess games.
Will you be able to beat and win?
Unlimited free chess games ahead of you. No better way to play, learn and improve your Chess skills.
Are you ready? Now it’s your turn !
Play Magnus supports 1 player gameplay, while future versions will offer multiplayer functionality.
In the meantime, test your skills against challenging the Magnus Carlsen computer opponent and share with your friends to earn additional points!
Play Magnus offers exciting features, including:
- Magnus Carlsen tuned chess engine with general functionality
- Sharing functions
- Chance to qualify to Play Magnus Live at a secret location annually
Checkers board game (Draughts, dama, damas – various languages) is well-known ancient game, that still very popular over the world for its simple rules and addictive gameplay, which hide deep tactics and variability.
We tried to make our Checkers unique and added high resolution HD graphics. You can customize game by choosing between 2D or 3D view, various game boards or pieces designs. We regularly add new graphics for pieces. For example, you can play pieces with radiation or St. Patrick's clover skin. Just choose what you like and enjoy truly Checkers HD experience.
After you've decided what design you like most, jump into Checkers Online – a special mode where you can compete with other players, gain new levels and ranks, climb up in leaderboards (daily, weekly and global) or play in special Tournaments with awards. This mode is completely free. It uses «energy» which can be obtained in many ways: as daily reward, when you defeat opponents or win in tournaments, or just wait 20 minutes. That's where Checkers Premium option can help you, which doubles almost everything, including energy rewards and time for turn. And also giving you some nice bonuses like additional pieces designs, boards and game modes.
In offline mode you can play many checkers game types. Like Russian Checkers, English Draughts, International or Brazil. And we have some special guest for you. It's called Random Checkers and it's completely insane and addictive. Let the random generator decides how many pieces will be on board, where they stand and what rules apply. It's really fun, check it out.
- Network play with leaderboards, levels and ranks
- Network tournaments with awards
- Chat in online mode
- 13 game types: English draughts, International (checkers 10x10), Russian, American pool and Giveaway Checkers, Diagonal, Thai, Turkish, Sparse, Self-Eaters, Brazilian, Blind and Random checkers (10x10 random placed chips with changing movement rules). More game types in the future.
- Simple rules, suitable for all ages
- 4 difficulty levels
- Excellent graphics
- 2D and 3D perspective modes
- Unlimited undo function
- 2 players "Hot-seat" mode
- Over 40 special designs for pieces & 4 board designs
Choose your time control and you're ready to play. The 2nd player presses her button to start the 1st player's clock - and the game is on!
- Large, easy-to-read buttons
- Works in landscape and portrait on all devices
- Quickly customize the app for one-tap access to all your favorite time controls
- Time controls include base minutes per player and optional per-move delays or bonus time. The app supports both Fischer and Bronstein increments, as well as simple delays. The duration is up to you!
- Supports multiple-stage time controls commonly seen in tournaments, such as "40 moves in 2 hours + game in 60 minutes." A glance at the clock shows your current stage!
- Clock pauses automatically if the app is interrupted; manually pause the clock at any time
- Pleasant sounds for buttons and "time's up" alert
At Chess.com, we really do love chess, and *sometimes* we even play it offline! For times like that, we created this clock - and we hope you love it as much as we do.
- Unlimited free play
- Tactics training
- Video lessons
- Computer opponent
Chess.com is #1 in online chess with million of members from around the globe. Chess.com is built by chess players who really love chess, not just programmers tinkering around.
Your kids can learn the rules & strategies of the world's greatest brain game, with an app that is AD-FREE and 100% SAFE.
- Learn the rules!
- Play against the Computer!
- Sharpen tactical skills with 1000s of puzzles!
- Play SLOW online games (several days allowed per move)
- Play FAST online games in real time! (Don't time out!)
- Watch Video Lessons from top coaches!
- Easily upgrade your membership via Google Play!
Chess games are **unlimited** and forever free: Play multiple Slow games at the same time, and play all the Fast games you can handle!