Tetra Alarm allows you to easily set reminders for periodic, daily events. Alarms are easy to set and intuitive. Multiple alarms can be set to signal a user to complete necessary tasks throughout their day. Alarms can be signaled by various methods and can be customized to attract your most keen senses. Whether you need an audible, visual or tactile signal, you will find it available in Tetra Alarm.
Although the app can be used as a reminder for any task a user can dream of, some recommended alarms include:
• Medication reminders
• Meal or snack reminders
• Scheduled medical tasks (ex. Bathroom breaks, health monitoring, stretch/rest breaks etc.)
• Personal care or care-giving tasks
• Household chores
Perhaps Tetra Alarm’s most distinctive feature is its ability to be set on the quarter hour. “Tetra”, meaning four, is meant to indicate not only the four quarters of an hour, but also to highlight the four limbs of the body. Tetra Alarm was inspired by the millions of people worldwide with tetraplegia. These people may have special considerations with regard to their bodies and their health, some of which may include completing tasks within a critical timeframe. Tetra Alarm is designed to be used by people of all abilities and to address an abundance of needs.
Other notable features of the Tetra Alarm include:
• Easily set alarms on the quarter hour.
• Easy to set and program regardless of age, literacy level or physical abilities.
• Android Wear integration.
• Highly customizable alarm settings.
• Easy to read and easy to interpret interface.
• Multi-option, repetitive alarms available (By the minute, hour, day, or week).
• “Quiet time” feature. Alarms can be silenced when you’re asleep, in a meeting, or otherwise unavailable.
• Availability of various alarm styles including sound, vibration and flash.
• Sound options include recorded audio, built in ringtones and system alarms.
• Each alarm can have a unique sound or alarm style.
• Snooze feature is available on all alarms and with adjustable snooze lengths.
• Notification adjustability.
Remember Tetra Alarm is your alarm. It can be used as frequently as you like and in any capacity you see fit. Just click, set and go!
Development of this application was supported by the Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center Wireless Technologies (Wireless RERC), which is funded by a grant from the National Institute on Community, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under grant number 90RE5007-01-00. http://www.wirelessrerc.org/