-11 keys to passing your interview.
-38 of the most common interview questions, with answers and strategies.
-An overview of the firefighting profession, from people who know, and how to build your experience.
The oral board, or interview, is generally the toughest part of the hiring process. Most of the candidates have similar qualifications - what matters is how you present yourself! This guide demystifies the process and breaks it down into concrete steps that you can follow in order to advance.
If you are fresh out of a fire academy or EMT school, if you are serious about becoming a professional firefighter, get this app! It will break down the process and save you a lot of time figuring it out on your own.
If you are more seasoned, have taken a few tests or even done a few interviews, use this app to hone your skills. You will probably get an idea of how to improve, and even where you have been messing up.
★ About the Author ★
Cal Blake has been a volunteer and professional firefighter since 2005, and a paramedic since 2008. He received a BA from U.C. Berkeley. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Field Apps makes reference guides for rescue workers.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Calculation tools for determining:
* Discharge pressure for firefighting pumps
* Foam Application Rates and Amounts
* Critical Application Rate/Flow Estimation
* Pressure and Flow Rates for Smooth Bore Nozzles
Fire Pump Discharge Pressure Calculator:
* Handles multiple attack and supply line setup
* Calculates friction loss formulaically
* Provides estimated reach calculation
Foam Application Calculator
* Enter area and depth of spill, along with concentration and type of foam being used
* Enter estimated Tank Diameter to automatically calculate area
* Calculation determines recommended flow rate and amount of concentrate and water needed
* Great for Hazmat incidents
Critical Application Rate Calculator
* Determines minimum flow rate to extinguish fire in < 10 seconds
* Enter Area and percent involved
* Use the Area Estimator to approximate square feet
Smooth Bore Tip Calculator
* Automatic Smooth Bore Pressure/Flow Calculations when Tip Size and either Pressure or Flow is known (other is calculated)
Calculations are formulaic (exact) not based on shortcuts.
Intended for training purposes only.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information for those wishing to use the app at their next training session!
Over 500 FIREFIGHTER questions, many with explanations, divided into these chapters:
--Fire Service Orientation
--Incident Command System
--Ropes & Knots
--Search & Rescue
--Intro to Hazmat
Firefighter II Chapters:
--Assisting Special Rescue
--Fire Control II
--Detection Systems II
--Loss Control II
--Fire Cause II
--Prevention & Education
Plus we have a section of visual picture-based quizzes, because we all like to look at pictures, right?
Over 75 DRIVER OPERATOR/UTILITY questions divided into these chapters:
--Types of Fire Apparatus
--Inspection and Maintenance
--Operating Emergency Vehicles
(we're planning on adding Pumper questions in a future update)
As a special bonus, we're added more quizzes covering these related topics:
--Medical First Responder (over 125 questions)
--NIMS IS-700 (over 25 questions)
--Wildland Fire (25 questions)
--CPR Reference Guide
THAT'S OVER A THOUSAND QUESTIONS TOTAL!
★★★★★ Kids Vehicles 1: 3D FireTruck games for toddlers was developed by an award-winning education studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills app, in cooperation with educational specialists.
Become a firefighter! Drive and play with the fire truck games for toddlers! Save the world from fire! Amazing 3D games for little firefighters and drivers of firetrucks!
Interactive 3D Fire truck games by 22learn is an app filled with activities that encourage young children's imagination, play, and exploration. In four games, children drive a fire truck, explore it, extinguish fire, and learn to locate hidden tools and truck parts. This will become every child's favorite toy!
Interactive 3D Fire truck is an educational app that will help your toddlers and preschoolers develop problem solving skills, knowledge about fire trucks, and attention control.
☆ DRIVE THE FIRE TRUCK (FIRE ENGINE):
Start the fire truck's engine, rotate the steering wheel and run around the room as the camera of your device projects the surrounding environment onto the truck's windows! It will look like you are actually driving around your house! Really, it is so much fun! You have to experience this yourself!
☆ EXPLORE THE FIRE TRUCK:
Rotate fire truck and observe it from various angles. Play with the lights, start the engine, draw the ladder, honk the horn, turn on the fire truck siren, open doors, press all the funny little buttons, discover fire truck's tools and more!
☆ EXTINGUISH FIRE:
Be a hero. Be a fireman. The world needs your help! Tap on the fires to extinguish them with your powerful fire hose!
☆ LOCATE PARTS OF THE FIRE TRUCK:
Wanna be a firefighter? First, you need to educate yourself! Familiarize yourself with tools and fire truck parts and locate them as quickly as possible! A funny twist on a classical seek-and-find game!
With four engaging activities, tons of realistic animations and sound effects, child-friendly interface, and a colorful, fire truck-themed design, Fire truck is going to be every child's dream come true toy. Plunge into the world of little superheroes and open doors to your imagination with this amazing app brought to you by 22learn!
Contribute your knowledge. Help us build our ASL Video list. Submit as many single words or phrases that are used in the field and we will add them if appropriate the next time we film.
• 185 Emergency signs
• No internet required
• Suggest a new ASL sign
• Loop video
• Slow motion
• Swipe screen to see next video
NOTE: If you are a hearing person there is no Audio/Sound in this app.
NOTE: Please do not use this app to replace a live interpreter. This app is intended for educational purposes only!
• 24 chapters
• 679 key terms
• Tracks correct and incorrect answers
• Answers with page references to the IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting (6th ed.) manual
• Ability to study multiple chapters simultaneously
• Ability to remove or reinsert questions from the flashcard deck
• Chapter 1: Orientation and Fire Service History - 18 Key Terms
• Chapter 2: Firefighter Safety and Health - 15 Key Terms
• Chapter 3: Fire Department Communications - 9 Key Terms
• Chapter 4: Building Construction - 35 Key Terms
• Chapter 5: Fire Behavior - 72 Key Terms
• Chapter 6: Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment - 32 Key Terms
• Chapter 7: Portable Fire Extinguishers - 11 Key Terms
• Chapter 8: Ropes, Webbing, and Knots - 28 Key Terms
• Chapter 9: Structural Search, Victim Removal, and Firefighter Survival - 12 Key Terms
• Chapter 10: Scene Lighting, Rescue Tools, Vehicle Extrication, and Technical Rescue - 22 Key Terms
• Chapter 11: Forcible Entry - 10 Key Terms
• Chapter 12: Ground Ladders - 8 Key Terms
• Chapter 13: Tactical Ventilation - 19 Key Terms
• Chapter 14: Water Supply - 22 Key Terms
• Chapter 15: Fire Hose - 33 Key Terms
• Chapter 16: Fire Streams - 39 Key Terms
• Chapter 17: Fire Control - 15 Key Terms
• Chapter 18: Loss Control - 8 Key Terms
• Chapter 19: Fire Origin and Cause Determination - 16 Key Terms
• Chapter 20: Fire Protection Systems - 45 Key Terms
• Chapter 21: Fire and Life Safety Initiatives - 2 Key Terms
• Chapter 22: Emergency Medical Care for Fire Department First Responders - 30 Key Terms
• Chapter 23: Hazards, Behavior, and Identification of Hazardous Materials - 58 Key Terms
• Chapter 24: Mitigating Haz Mat WMD Incidents - 55 Key Terms
OTHER HELPFUL PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE AT IFSTA.ORG
Visit our website at http://www.ifsta.org for more information.
Every kid dreams of what they will do when they are a Big Kid. Big Kid Life embraces themed role-play, while teaching kids new skills.
Big Kid Life Firefighter is appropriate for 4-7 year olds.
Rampaging Fire Monsters are on the loose in Big City –chasing kitties, scaring puppies and setting things on fire! Don’t worry, you are a firefighter – you can do something about it! Use your special backpack hose to drench Fire Monsters, use ladders to climb past obstacles, and save kitties and puppies – all while practicing your skills with numbers, shapes and symbols.
• Color and Shape Identification
• Number Sequencing and Sorting
• Great Than/Less Than Recognition
• Counting by 10s
• Numbers 50-100
The first level of Big Kid Life Firefighter Lite is free to and additional levels are available for purchase for $2.99.
Big Kid Life Fire Fighter is part of the Fingerprint Network of games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets kids and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
Firefighting and firefighters have become ubiquitous around the world, wildland areas to urban areas, and on board ships.
According to Merriam Webster's Dictionary, the English word "firefighter" has been used since at least 1903. In recent decades it has become the preferred term, replacing the older "fireman," since many women serve as firefighters, and also because the term "fireman" can have other meanings, including someone who sets or stokes fires - exactly the opposite of the firefighting role. (Wikipedia)
With the ever increasing demands for continuing education in this field, it is imperative to take advantage of anything that will help you keep you edge. This app was designed for you. With over 600 Fire Fighting Terminologies separated into a fantastic array of Multiple Choice Quizzes, Flash Cards, and a handy Android sized Dictionary, you will be able to learn at your schedule.
Because firefighters are often the first responders to people in critical conditions, firefighters may provide many other valuable services to the community they serve, such as:
Emergency medical services, as technicians or as licensed paramedics, staffing ambulances;
Defensive Hazardous materials mitigation (HAZMAT);
Community disaster support.
Fire risk assessments
There are specialized area of fire and rescue operations that are considered special operations. These areas may require schools and classes to be attended for subject specific training.
A hose team training to fight an aircraft fire aboard a US aircraft carrier, 2006
Wildland fire suppression;
Search and rescue;
Offensive Hazardous materials technician (HAZMAT);
Shipboard and military fire and rescue;
Tactical paramedic support ("SWAT medics");
High angle rope rescue;
Swift water rescue.
Confined space rescue
Cold water rescue
★★★★★ “Kids Fireman is a great app that will let your toddlers discover the world of a fireman via a fun interactive games play" by funeducationalapps.com
★★★★★ “If your kid wants to be a firefighter and you need to show him how it’s like then Kids Fireman is the best choice” by kids-apps.mobi
“When left alone with my phone, my son has recently been choosing to play this application a lot by himself. I am impressed that he has learned how to dial 911 from playing with the app after some practice, something that I hope in real life never comes up, but it is important for him nonetheless to understand how to do it.” by giggleapps.com
“It is a super duper fun game! And I love touching all the buttons” by youngest customer
If your children love firefighters, this app is a must have! Go through the life of a firefighter from the moment the fire alarm sounds at the fire station to putting out the fire and rescuing a cat. It is fun and interactive with exciting background music.
Slide up, slide down, move, touch and poke various objects with real sound effects and colorful scenes. Children will feel like a firefighter. Explore and find out all the fun, silly and informative things that are very much part of a firefighter's daily life. This app is full of activities that your children will love.
Kids Fireman is made by a parent, tested and approved by a firefighter.
* Pick up the Receiver and Dial the Emergency Number
* Look inside the fire station. Ring the bell. Poke the dog.
* Slip-slide down the fire pole. Open the closet.
* Dress a firefighter
* Drive a fire truck
* Control the steering wheel. Sound the siren and two-way Radio on the fire truck
* Check various fire equipments on the fire truck
* Put out the fire in a building
* Climb up a ladder and rescue a cat.
* Play with Sparky (Fetching, Poking, and Petting)
Please check out images and video clips from fire station at http://on.fb.me/bJIgdP.
Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/DuckyLuckyStd.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any technical issue.
Ducky Lucky Studio is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3, 4-7
Categories: Creative Play, Environment, Games, Music
Prepare for you firefighters certificate from a fire academy or technical school, or professional and volunteer fireman use this app as a reference or for a review. Use the built in tutor feature to ask the community a question.
Includes more than 1100 multiple choice quiz questions, flashcards.
Also, includes glossary with common terms and definitions for nine learning modules
1. Fire Behavior and Classification
2. Fire Equipment
3. NFPA Numbers and Codes
4. Buildings and Fire Protection
5. Fire Cause and Investigation
6. Key Spanish Terms for Firefighters
7. 500 Fire and Fireman Questions
8. EMT-Paramedic Fundamentals
9. My Custom Learning Module
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with the Firefighter news feed
Keywords: firefighters, fireman, fire, safety, fire alarm, fireworks, volunteer fireman, fire, fire safety, forest fire, brush fire, fire station, burn regulations, fire training, rescue squad, fire prevention education, fire drill, fire safety, fire setting, smoke alarms
«Firetrucks: 911 resсue» - 0.99$
«Cars in Sandbox» - 0.99$
Only 03/07-08! Hurry up!
Hey! There is a new Thematica’s app about cars!
“Firetrucks: 911 rescue (educational app for kids)” is the new app for a kid who even once imagined himself as a fireman, rescue or lifeguard!
This game will bring your kid from sandbox to backyard’s grassplot where your little firefighter will have a chance to save heroes' life. Rescue needs you kid to be courageous, smart and even kind-hearted. No doubts he is!
What’s new for this game? Almost everything! There are so many kinds of firetrucks, is it amazing? In the app you’ll find 7 exciting and widely(absolutely) different firetrucks: offroad firetruck, vintage firetruck and etc. Thanks to the app your kid will learn a lot about fire cars, their components and their purposes in use. ‘Cause they looks like real!
There is an awesome and crucial(important) task for each kind of firetruck. Performing tasks your kid like a little rescue gets stars. The app will bring your little fireman to the sick of action and make him a real app’s hero!
Don’t be afraid of the little player’s misunderstanding of the tasks. His heroic’s intuition and propmting posters on the background will help him to overcome all the difficulties.
There are lots of beautiful animations with great video and sound effects that wil catch your kid's attention. So the app is the best way to have an educational fun with your kid!
And also your kid will probably become a firefighter, a rescue man or a lifeguard. So we (Thematica’s team) will be happy, and you (a great parent) will be really proud, and the whole world will be secured!
• Stimulates kid’s creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Makes the educational process about firetrucks unusual and interesting.
• Has a colourful graphics and exciting sounds.
• An unusual and interesting way to learn about different vehicles.
• Fun to play again and again.
• Exciting and realistic vehicle sound effects.
Get more games from Thematica’s team:
“Cars in Sandbox: Construction” - is a fun way to learn about construction vehicles.
“Space rovers” - amazing space adventures with cute mars rover Curiosity.
This is the first version of this app. This is just a start. Sorry if I missed out on some good ones. If you have any other resources that you find beneficial email me and I can add them. I will continue to improve this app.
More from developer
Over 1000 Quiz Questions and 1000 Flashcards!
The EMT tutor is a comprehensive training tool for the EMT Basic. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or starting class this app will position you for success in the real world. If you are a student going through class you will benefit from this app. Simultaneously, so will a seasoned veteran in the EMS field that is trying to stay current on recent developments, (who knew tourniquets are back in?).
The material has been prepared and verified with most recent text books and includes the additional information now presented in most classes that includes Pathophysiology, Life Span Development, and expanded Anatomy and Physiology sections. Over 1000 Possible quiz questions and flashcards available. Prepare for class or review for the NREMT Exam with the EMTutor.
5 major components differentiate us from our competitors:
1. A Bookmarking feature that allows the user to save difficult questions, flashcards, or scenarios for later study. This allows the user to tailor the experience to their needs.
2. Explanations so that the user learns from every question and flashcard.
3. Over 1000 Quiz Questions and 1000 Flashcards prepared by EMS instructors that are involved in both EMS education, and running calls in the streets. This enables the material to be relevant for students and to prepare you for the real world as an EMT-B.
4. A Scenario based section has been developed to aid in taking text book material from page to street. Over 50 scenarios are given here, with more to come, that a user can go through on their own or with a field instructor to stimulate the thinking processes that occur on a 911 call.
5. Material that has been developed by EMS educators that are current on latest NREMT developments. Our material has been developed for the iPhone user and cannot be found on a website somewhere for free. Because of this we believe that our material is for learning and teaching on the iPhone not for assessing how smart the user is. Other material is built to assess, ours is built to teach.
Please feel free to Email any questions or concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org, we are always willing to help in any way. Good luck on your EMT Exam and stay safe out there.
EMTutor Lite presents an EMT Basic quiz and flashcards alongside over 50 scenarios written for the EMT based on real life EMS situations. The scenarios are intended to be discussion generators for field instructors, teachers and mentors, or to aid the individual learning process. The discussions will expose gaps in the knowledge base and aid in the learning process. It is great for the seasoned EMT or those currently in class.
Preparing for the NREMT exam? Use the scenarios to begin applying the EMT-B material to real world situations.
Instructors can use these to take students through clinical practice or to aid in the development of EMT classes.
There is also an in app upgrade available to the full EMTutor which also includes over 900 multiple choice questions, and 900 flashcards, Skill Sheets and Differential Rule-outs. A comprehensive study guide for any EMT preparing for the NREMT or just trying to pass their Basic class.
Good luck on your EMT test and stay safe out there!
Practice Quizzes, Flashcards, Skill Sheets, Scene Checkoffs, and MORE!
The Firefighter Pocketbook is a comprehensive training tool for Firefighters. If you are a student going through class you will benefit from this app. Simultaneously, so will a seasoned veteran that is trying to stay current on recent developments.
The material has been prepared and verified with 2011 NFPA and IFSTA text books. Over 550 practice exam quiz questions and 700 flashcards available.
The App is divided into these sections:
- Study: Practice quizzes, and exam questions to keep you current. As an added bonus, 700 flashcards for review. If you are taking a class or just reviewing, these will keep you updated. Firefighting terms and reference information as well.
- Checkoffs: The many different types of scenes that an emergency responder can find themselves in are included here with the ability to check off necessary functions. The checkoffs section is divided into three sections. Medical, Firefighting, and Technical Rescue.
- Library: The library section contains a firefighting REFERENCE TERM section, and a FIREFIGHTER SKILL SHEETS section that includes most of the skills that any firefighter should be proficient in. Use both as a training aide. More material to come soon.
5 components differentiate us from our competitors:
1. A Bookmarking feature that allows the user to save difficult test questions, or flashcards for later study. This allows the user to tailor the experience to their needs.
2. Explanations so that the user learns from every exam question and flashcard.
3. Over 550 Exam Questions and 700 firefighting Flashcards prepared by Firefighting instructors that are involved in both EMS/Fire education, and running calls in the streets. This enables the material to be relevant for students and to prepare you for the real world.
4. A Scene Checklist section is added so that the user can review the multiple types of emergency scenes and practice situational awareness and comprehensively managing a scene.
5. Material that has been developed by Firefighting educators that are current on latest developments. Our material has been developed for the Android user and cannot be found on a website somewhere for free. Other material is built to assess, ours is built to teach.
Please feel free to Email any questions or concerns to: email@example.com, we are always willing to help in any way. Enjoy our app and stay safe out there.
Taking tests is hard! BE PREPARED.
NREMT Simulator is a true simulation of the National Registry Computer Based EMT Basic Exam with 120 simulated registry questions that span the entire EMT curriculum. Designed to give you an actual computer based testing experience from your mobile device, the simulator uses a running clock combined with EMT Basic test questions designed and calibrated to mimic the National Registry perfectly. You want to know if you're ready to pass the NREMT Basic Exam. The NREMT Simulator can tell you, right now. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the NREMT is as easy as your textbook review book is. The textbook does not calibrate their material like we do!
National Registry Level Questions
The questions featured in the NREMT Simulator were designed and edited by the same people who author questions for the National Registry database, following the same strict guidelines, format and exacting standards of The National Registry. With questions spanning the entire scope of the National EMT Curriculum, you will find no better resource to show you what it feels like to take this test. No other study guide can claim that their material has been through the rigorous review process that our 120 questions have.
Properly Calibrated Difficulty
The Registry doesn't score you based on how many questions you answer correctly, they score you based on the difficulty level of the questions you answer correctly. The simulator uses test questions calibrated just above the minimum passing level of the National Registry Exam. That means that you can get real feedback about your ability to pass on test day.
Actual Test Results
Once you've finished the exam, you'll get real results in a similar format to the actual Registry results page. Your results gauge your success in each of the six major categories of the Registry exam, using the same Above Passing / Near Passing / Below Passing results that the NREMT uses. Then you'll get a report detailing information for future study. The NREMT Simulator doesn't just help you study. It does what no other app on the market can do. It tells you if you're ready to pass.
Get a true sense of your personal testing cadence. Our market research indicated that the running clock was one of the most intimidating elements of the National Registry test. The simulator lets you experience that pressure before test day so you won't feel quite so stressed on testing day.
Take the exam before you have to take the exam with the NREMT Simulator.
-Engineering Probability and Statistics
-Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
-Mechanics of Materials
-Electricity and Magnetism
-Computers and Controls
-Ethics and Business Practices
-Fundamental Constants and Conversion Factors
The FExpert also provides a bookmarking feature, which allows the user to bookmark cards they have trouble with, allowing personalized studying of areas the user most needs to review.
2011 copyright Code3apps
The EMR(MFR) exam requires in depth knowledge of anatomy, OB, cardiology, trauma and CPR. This application will build your knowledge with flashcards, then test you with simulations. This Application was built and designed by professional firefighters and EMTs who know and have been there. Don't take the NREMT until you get 90% or better on these simulations.
This app provides Flashcards, Practice quizzes, Practice Tests, NREMT Skill sheets and more. Prepare for the all NREMT exam as well as your class room experience with this study guide app.
The app has a couple features that we think are pretty cool:
Explanations: Learning is the end result that we hope to produce. To do that we must provide reasons for why certain answers are correct and how other answers are incorrect.
Self-Assessments: Assess yourself in each section before you take a practice to test to see which areas you need to spend the most time studying.
Tutorials: Once you take the self-assessments, study with the tutorials to help you improve in the specific areas that you need it most.
The app is divided up into the following areas:
Study Plan and eBooks: These sections will give you tips for studying and taking exams.
Assess and Study: This section includes self-assessment quizzes and tutorials. Test your knowledge of an individual section and then use the tutorials to study.
Practice: This section includes 5 practice tests with over 110 questions each. You can view your results to see the correct answers and explanations, and your results will be displayed by section so you know the areas you need to work on the most.
We hope that you enjoy the experience of the Firefighter Entrance Pocketbook. If you have material that you think would help others in their job as a Firefighter our content writers are always willing to review any material. Please send any comments, thoughts, reviews, ideas, etc... to: Code3apps@yahoo.com Thanks and be safe out there.