Practice arithmetic just like Abe Lincoln, updated for the 21st century.
Classroom Arithmetic™ uses the entire touch-screen as a virtual slate for students to solve math problems longhand. Following the adage, “If you want to remember something write it down,” students write out their work as they solve complex, multi-digit arithmetic problems. It is a modern take on the traditional method of learning math: careful practice and working out problems.
The benefits of solving math problems longhand include:
* Improves learning by involving the fine motor control centers of the brain
* Exercises the full range of steps required to solve arithmetic problems
* Makes complicated problems more solvable
* Rewards focus, care, and contentiousness, over rapid-fire answers and guess-work
* Promotes attention-span
* Creates a written record to review potential sources of repeat mistakes
Classroom Arithmetic saves students’ work so educators can review it later. Parents and educators are free to be coaches and mentors, while the app itself does the rote work of generating problems, grading answers, and keeps tracks how long and how often students use the app. Parents can be assured their student is making an effort on their math practice.
*** Internet connection permission is for the RSS feed. No data is uploaded from your device. ***