When Saturday Comes is Britain's leading independent football magazine. Since its launch in 1986, the aim of WSC has always been to provide a voice for intelligent football fans. Each issue features contributions from readers as well as professional journalists. WSC offers both a serious and humorous view of football, covering all the topics that fans are likely to talk about.
Regular features include:
Editorial – our take on a football issue
Sidelines – the current big stories
Match of the month
World and Euro view – the global game
Focus on – classic archive photography
Letters – your thoughts
Last word – whimsical musings
The magazine has become recognised as a source of informed comment on all aspects of the game and will appeal to anyone who cares about football at all levels, not just at the top of the English Premier League. This app includes extra content not available in the printed issue.
The digital edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to April 2009. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device.