Would you like to learn how to adapt exercises for people with disabilities? Do you want to offer a high-quality service for all users? Do you experience disability and want to get started in fitness & physical activity?
UFIT Explorer includes a set of comprehensive resources and tips to support fitness professionals to ‘inclusivise’ their fitness services for all, including people with disabilities. UFIT explorer is an educational platform for fitness instructors, personal trainers, fitness managers and allied professionals designed to support the inclusion of people with disabilities in fitness settings.
With UFIT Explorer you can:
• Access comprehensive resources to develop your capacities.
• Learn about exercise and disability
• Upskill and improve your self-efficacy
• Reflect about the benefits of inclusive practice
• Advocate for a more inclusive fitness industry
• Increase your knowledge related to disability, impairment and/or health conditions
• Follow the expansion of the UFIT movement
Which modules are currently available on UFIT Explorer?
• Intellectual Disability
• Visual Impairment
• Cerebral Palsy
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus
• Autism Spectrum
• Mobility Aid
• Mental Health
Universal Fitness Innovation & Transformation (UFIT) is a movement for social change that aims to ‘inclusivise’ the fitness industry by connecting health clubs; with local disability service providers or groups of people with disabilities; and allied professionals.
UFIT Explorer will be available for free to all professionals who actively participate in the UFIT Capacity Building package. This is an innovative process-oriented learning experience for health and fitness clubs to empower managers, instructors, personal trainers and all staff working in health and fitness. For more information about UFIT, visit www.justdoufit.com.
Download UFIT Explorer now and join a movement for social change!