Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
The Irish Independent News app brings you quick, free, up-to-date access to Breaking News, as well as coverage from News, Sport, Business, Life, Style, Entertainment, Technology and all the other informative sections from Independent.ie
View articles and video/multimedia content from our award-winning team of journalists and photographers, and find the stories that matter to you via the navigation menus.
You can also personalise your reading experience by creating your own favourites menu, plus share and engage socially via Facebook, Twitter and other apps via the built-in tools.
● Access all Independent.ie content and sections
● Quickly view the latest news headlines
● Easy-to-use, simple design and improved navigation
● Support for all our video content
● Full-screen image galleries
● Improved multimedia support - including live blogs
● Setup quick and easy access to your favourite sections
A quick note. Due to enhanced multimedia content now available in the app, we recommend closing other apps to get the best possible performance.
Enjoying the Irish Independent News app? Please support our app by leaving a review on the Google Play Store.
This app requires Android versions 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or above.
If you’re having issues or problems, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
On your Smartphone? Check out our new mobile app, The Trinidad Guardian Mobile.
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at email@example.com
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
- Fast & Clear
- All mobile newspapers
- Also PRO version available = no ads
With papers like: BBC News, CNN, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Telegraph, Financial Times, Google News, Independent, ITN, NewsNow, Reuters, Sky News, The Guardian, The Sun, Norwich Evening News, Heraldscotland, Conventry Telegraph, Eastern Daily Express 24, Manchester Evening News, Daily Post, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Metro, Mirror, The Times, London Evening Standard, Bristol Evening Post, Shropsire Star, Newcastle Eve. Chronicle, Express and Star, Evening Times, Daily Record, STV, Wales Online, Western Telegraph and South Wales Argus.
Enjoy! ***** Please rate 5 if you like! ;-)
Feed your daily addiction with stories & photos from all our top channels: US & World News, Celebrity & Showbiz, Sports, Femail, Science & Tech, Health, Money, Travel, and many more!
See what everyone's talking about and download our app today.
• Over 15 Channels of must-read articles and photos - that's over 600+ original stories every day!
• Offline Mode: Pre-load stories & galleries to access when you're offline or without reception - great for commutes!
• Select a Location: Choose from US, UK or Rest of World to ensure you get the news most relevant to you.
• Express Yourself: Post your Comments on articles or Rate other user's comments that you like or dislike.
• Custom Settings: Select when data and images sync based on your preferred connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
• Choose which Channels you want to sync and when. We recommend that you do a Wi-Fi sync at the beginning of your day so you have access all-day long, even without a connection.
If you have any trouble with the app or want to suggest new features and feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
** MORE THAN 560 NEWSPAPERS **
** If newspaper scrolling is not smooth then try to disable hardware acceleration in settings **
Left and right sliding menus in the browser for easy and fast access to the newspaper list.
Switch easily between mobile and desktop version of the newspaper site (where available).
Automatic syncing of newspapers will keep newspapers updated and new papers can be added quickly.
This is the free version of the app! There is also an AD-FREE version named UK Newspapers PRO.
* Material Design
* List of UK newspapers
* Automatic syncing of newspapers
* Swiping between favorite and newspaper lists
* Add newspapers
* Drag and drop sorting of favorites
* Automatic cache delete
* Change textsize
* Show newspaper in fullscreen
* Share functionality
* Option to open newspaper in standard browser
* Choose to have keep screen on while reading
Example of Newspapers included:
Accrington Observer, BBC UK, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Burnham and Highbridge, Bury Times, Business Insider, Chorley Guardian, Coventry Telegraph, Craven Herald, Daily Echo, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Post, Daily Record, Daily Star, Derby Telegraph, Digital Spy, East Anglian Daily Times, Eastern Daily Press, Edinburgh Evening News, Evening Chronicle, Evening Gazette, Evening Star, Evening Times, Express & Star, Financial Times, Google News, Herald Scotland, Hereford Times, Huddersfield Daily Examiner, IGN UK, Imedia Connection, InTheNews, Isle of Wight County Press, Kidderminster Shuttle, Lancashire Telegraph, Lincolnshire Echo, Liverpool Echo, London Evening Standard, London Free Press, Manchester Evening, Metro, Middleton Guardian, Milton Keynes Citizen, Mirror, Moneyweek, New Scientist, Newcastle Journal, News Of The World, NewsNow, NorthEast Manchester, Norwich Evening News, Ok Magazine, Oldham Advertiser, Oxford Mail, Prestwich Advertiser, Reuters UK, Rochdale Observer, Rossendale Freepress, Salford Advertiser, Scotsman, Shropshire Star, Sky News, Sky Sport, South Manchester Reporter, South Wales Argus, Stockport Express, Sunday Mail, Sunderland Echo, Surrey Advertiser, Tameside Advertiser, The Bolton News, The Courier, The Daily Telegraph, The Economist, The Falkirk Herald, The Guardian, The Huffington Post UK, The Independent, The Inquirer, The Journal, The Keighley News, The Leicester Mercury, The Northern Echo, The Register, The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph, The Times, Wales Online, Warrington Guardian, Watford Observer, Weston Mercury, Whats on TV, Wilmslow Express, Worcester News, Yorkshire Post and more.
* Newspaper list can be updated online
* Sort by "A-Z", "User" and "Frequently Read"
* Personalize the order of the newspapers by using up and down arrow or drag and drop.
* Show mobile or desktop version of the newspaper
* Add/Delete newspaper, magazine
* Adjustable font size
* Share the news
* Automatic cache delete
* Open with standard internet browser
* Update slowed it down!
- There are 2 mode of the application: Desktop and Mobile. Desktop version of the newspapers may take longer to load. Check which mode do you use on Settings page.
And of course it may differ based on newspaper's server load time and your network connection speed which we can't control them.
* How do I delete newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then touch the trash icon on the right side of the newspaper that you want to delete.
* How do I unfavorite newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then uncheck the newspaper that you do not want to see on the main page.
* Subscription only. You can see headlines of articles but can't read without subscribing.
- Some newspapers want subscription. We can do nothing for it but you can uncheck or delete the newspaper if you do not want to see on the list.
* Last update took my favorite newspapers from the top of the list.
- Go to settings page and select "Frequently Read". Default sort is A->Z.
* Which news / newspaper sources can I read?
- BBC News, Sky News, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Guardian...
* Any problem...
- Please contact us before any problem.
You get an exact copy of the print edition plus exclusive videos, picture galleries and an interactive crossword!
The app is free to download. Weekday issues are completely free to read.
For weekend issues, all new users can take advantage of a FREE 1 month trial, after which the subscription is £3.99/month.
Read the Mirror’s award-winning news, sport and show business coverage as well as the opinions of our star columnists, including Ian Botham, Coleen Nolan, Top Gear’s Richard Hammond and Robbie Savage. The Tablet edition includes our great sections and supplements, including Your Life, The Ticket and Mirror Football. Also, there's lots of great additional features, such as video reports, expandable articles and special reader deals.
You are able to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription at any time, including during the trial period.
The App works best on tablets running Android 4.0 or higher.
We’d like your feedback as we enhance this edition, so let us know what you think at email@example.com
The newly redesigned app offers instant access to the day's need-to-know news, with accompanying hi-res photo galleries and video to give you the story from every angle. Read the headlines at a glance or skip straight to your favourite sections with the new, easy-to-use menu. From UK News and Politics to Sport, Lifestyle and Weird News, there’s plenty to keep you informed and entertained throughout the day.
Find and follow the topics that interest you most
Offline reading, for when you don't have a connection
Share easily via Twitter, Facebook and email
Hi-res photo galleries and video from The Telegraph's renowned journalists
Live match centre, for up-to-the-minute football scores and results
Live financial data from the world markets
Font size selection
The app is free to download and features a 5-day trial. There are three ways to enjoy full access to the Telegraph for Android.
1) Monthly subscriptions can be purchased for £1.99, and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal via your Google Play account settings
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2) Telegraph newspaper subscribers can use the app by validating their subscriber number and postcode within the app.
3) Telegraph digital subscribers can use the app by validating their Telegraph Login within the app.
Please note: if you are an existing subscriber, in some instances you may be asked to revalidate your subscription on launching the app after an update. To do so, select an article, follow the ‘I already have a Telegraph subscription’ link and input either your email address and password (digital subscribers) or your subscriber number and postcode (newspaper subscribers).
Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
My News is a newly introduced feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on your location, stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Politics, Business, Entertainment and Health or search for your own subjects of interest whether they’re people, places, things or themes
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC News channel, up-to-the-minute reports available 24-hours a day
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for breaking news stories
- Video over 3G and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Home screen widgets. Configurable to reflect your choice of topics, resizable to suit your screen layout and stylable to view as a stack or list widget
- Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
- INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or Wifi to deliver the best quality content
- WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
- C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows the app to suggest news based on your location (Android 4.0 and above)
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS/WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS/AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS: Used for managing background updates to get the latest news content from the BBC (Android 4.0 and above)
Newspapers, Sports, Finance, Economy, Tech
Add new links press the menu button in the particular category and "add link". Click longer on the link for
more options - set link as favourite, edit or delete (Attention! By clicking on “delete” the link will be
immediately deleted without asking!)
- add new links/sites; delete/edit links
- set links as favourites
- open links/pages with the standard internet browser
- deactivate categories
Anything missing? Send me an eMail.
Author: Markus Reitberger
In this updated application, we have categorised newspapers by cities. So user can surf UK newspapers by their region also. We have tried to manage all leading & most compatible regional leading UK newspapers under this category.
Also the new version contains notification for latest news. We provide latest news on notification with the URLs. So the user can have access to the latest news by going to view details, they can bookmark those pages, too, so they can refer them later.
User can personalise the list by selecting favourite newspapers and adding to their personal My List. Also while referring articles from the news paper, they can bookmark particular article to refer them later again. So All UK Newspapers not only helps you to read UK Newspapers at single click only but helps you to refer them later at your convenience.
Below mentioned are the features of the application.
***All Leading Newspapers & News Agencies with latest news like,
--> The Sun
--> Daily Mail
--> Daily Mirror
--> Evening Standard
--> Daily Telegraph
--> Daily Star
--> Daily Express
--> The Times
--> The i
--> Financial Times
--> Daily Record
--> The Guardian
--> The Independent
***Notifications on Latest News
***Personalized My List
***Personalized Bookmarks List
Delve deeper with image galleries, live blogs, graphs and interactive pictures, all optimised for your Android smartphone.
You can read all the top stories from the newsroom with sections for UK News, World News, Politics, Business, Entertainment, Strange News, and a new Technology News section.
• Enjoy a whole new level of depth on the main stories of the day
• Headlines, showbiz and weather bulletins
• A new technology news section
• Send your breaking news story directly into the Sky Newsroom via Your Report
• Swipe between articles and categories
• Share articles via Facebook and Twitter
If you encounter any problems in using this app please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy
In addition to a digital edition updated throughout the day, the new version offers a complete digital replica of the printed newspaper every day. Also included are digital replicas of ES Magazine every Friday and Homes & Property every Wednesday, plus interactive puzzles from the paper.
If you have any questions about the latest update please email email@example.com
- interactive versions of all crosswords, sudoku and codeword puzzles from the paper, playable offline
- localised three-day weather reports
- log in with your social network to share articles and comment
All still completely free to download and use!
i is your essential daily briefing from The Independent. Your brand new, easy-to-use app includes:
- The News Matrix: All the stories you need to know, at a quick glance
- IQ: Be in the know with all the latest in arts, music and fashion
- Enjoy weekend supplements from The Independent and the Evening Standard, including Traveller, Radar and ES Mag
- Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
- Weather-i: Today’s weather plus your five-day outlook
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase a subscription including a free trial.
Subscriptions start from the latest issue. A subscription is required to download an issue, however you can view a preview of the issues before subscribing.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: £5.99
12 months: £59.99
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through Google Play Account settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
Users can register for/ login to an i Newspaper account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing i Newspaper users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area.