Scores Widget was designed to be a non-intrusive way to get real time score updates for your favorite teams. Just turn on your phone and the latest scores will be waiting on your home screen, no clicks or additional steps needed. You can even have the widget speak score updates to you so you don’t need to constantly check your phone.
*** DO NOT ask for new leagues. All the leagues at my disposal are already included. ***
If you enjoy the widget, please support us by giving a good rating. This will help keep it going.
Scores Widget is NOT affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by any of the professional sports teams or leagues used within the app.
- Supports Android 3.1 Honeycomb MR1 and newer.
- Supports the following leagues: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, WNBA, MLS, World Cup, English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga.
- Reliably displays the latest scores for your favorite teams. If an update fails because there is no network connectivity, it will immediately update the next time a connection is established.
- Fully customizable.
- Speaks game started, score updates, and game finished events so you don’t need to constantly check your phone for updates.
- There is a single resizable widget for Android 3.1 and above.
- Each widget instance has its own set of teams and display settings. This allows you to place different sports and teams on multiple widgets to keep them separated.
- If you are only seeing the Scores Widget icon that displays settings when clicked, you have not added the actual widget to your home screen. Search Google, https://www.google.com/search?q=android+how+add+widgets+home+screen, to find instructions on how to do so.
- MLB Team Logos have been removed from the widget at the request of Major League Baseball.
- Speech will only work if you have a text-to-speech engine installed. You must also enable speech and select your speech teams before this feature will work.
- If the widget is blank and not responding to any presses after a software update, please remove the widget from your home screen and re-add. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
- INTERNET: Needed to retrieve the score updates and download the supported teams.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to auto update when a network connection has been established.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to cache the supported teams list and to write a log file if the Enable Log File setting has been enabled.
FEEDBACK OR BUGS:
If you have any feedback or want to report a bug, send an email to email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I also urge you to send an email if you are having any problems with your teams. I will make sure they get fixed as soon as possible.